Thread: The Debate

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think they're both doing well, and I expect that most of the undecideds will still be undecided until the next debate. McCain may have earned some brownie points for war stories, but Obama hit hard with some of the stuff that is frustrating Americans right now.
    [/b]
    IA. McCain showed his experience and foreign affairs is his thing, but Obama was able to hold his own and go toe to toe with the incumbent. I, along with many, expected McCain to know more, that was to be expected. Obama has not been involved as long as McCain, but I did not feel that McCain knocked the ball out of the park so to speak but did a good job. Because of that I think both did well and I'm going to say it was a draw. The inexperienced one was able to go toe to toe with the experienced. As far as Obama being aloof goes, I felt McCain could use some work as well too, because he looked too angry and wouldn't even LOOK at Obama. I just don't think it's Obama's personality to be overly emotional. He shows emotion in his own way. At least, I see it. I agree with GirlswithCurls, as long as O could hold his own on the subject that he was least seasoned with, it was a win for him, which makes him tied with McCain.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isnt the VP debate on Thursday. If so I will be sitting there wiht popcorn. I wonder if they can cram everything into Palin's head in that short period of time.
    "No woman should believe that in order to be beautiful you have to be the opposite of what you are."
    -T'keyah Crystal Keymah

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting video -- Newt, George Will, etc. converse about Palin, unaware conversation being recorded :lol:
    Now a mom of five!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darrell hammond is great. he does a good clinton. i think he's done bush as well. the other dude sucks.

SNL skit on debate

It wasn't as funny as I hoped, but the guy who played McCain did a great job - hand gestures and all.
    [/b]
    locs:12/12/02-9/9/2006, reborn 9/20/07

blog:aquababie's world
    1st locs
    2nd locs

Aquababie Handmade....Crafted from my hands to yours!
    aqua on etsy

NP Approval code 775

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim sucked as the moderator. He allowed McCain to cut Obama off several times, then Obama would sheepishly attempt to jump back in only to be talked over again. A couple of times he even waited politely for McCain to finish lying, then we would just say "ok fine, Jim let's just move on to the next question"
    WTF? Naw homey, you got to come back. Don't let him to continue to lie to the people.
    "
    [/b]
    IA, I was screaming through the television at him to cut McCain off.

^ This is my happy place

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isnt the VP debate on Thursday. If so I will be sitting there wiht popcorn. I wonder if they can cram everything into Palin's head in that short period of time.
    [/b]
    Gurl I had some trader joe's kettle corn for the pres. debates...I might have to upgrade that for this one and add a smoothie and some pizza. This is definitely going to be good tv on thursday!
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I made a boo-boo.

Seriously though who didn't think that Russia was in the wrong? I think all parties were on the right side of that call, the difference is the reaction that parties had.

On another note I'm going to smack Obama in the back of the neck if he doesn't stop stuttering and just jump in and cut McCain off.
    [/b]

:unsure: If I was a blk. man in Mississippi, running for Pres. of the U.S. I'd be "stuttering" too! :ninj: :bolt:
    In a few months, he will have power over the people who are proud of killing a 14 yr. old boy in the 1950's.
    Live your Life for You!

Save the Trees!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mom notices the darndest things. She said that Barack Obama called John McCain by his first name throughout the debate. She said he did that to let McCain know that he was his equal. She said McCain called Barack Obama Senator Obama but the way he said it gave respect to the office but not Barack himself. Looking back over the debate, I think I see what she means. I think McCain cringed everytime Obama called him by his first name :lol:
    Livin.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McCain never addressed Obama one time. Even my white boss felt that was RACIST! White folks see this ish just like we do.

I didn't want to get into the race talk with my boss. I told him that I thought it was disrespectful to Obama but also to the entire process since the moderator specifically instructed him to address Obama directly.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223