Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,

I&#39;m new to this site and spent a lot of time &#39;lurking&#39;. I have absolutely fell in love with natural hair, although I am weary and nervous about my personal journey to natural hair. As of right now, my hair is severely damaged, to the point of the midsection of my hair being significantly shorter than the rest, due to ponytails ALL THE TIME. My hair is dry, brittle, and overall HURT. I have never been one to nuture and take care of my hair and when I did start, I think I actually made it worse <_< ...I want healthy hair, point blank. The length can come later, but I&#39;m tired of my hair literally falling out of my head EVERYTIME I comb it or coming out in my hand, when I *attempt* to run my fingers thru it. I will not say that relaxers are entirely to blame, because I know that the lack of care for that chemical fire cream only furthered my problems. I&#39;m ready to take this to the next level and HEAL my hair by any means necessary. I am a FOTKI stalker...especially now and I&#39;m open to any advice to help me get started on this journey. I would like to also let you guys know from an outsider looking in, you all are VERY INSPIRATIONAL and I look forward to learning from you.
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

Twitter me this: http://twitter.com/DivaNTransition

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,

I&#39;m new to this site and spent a lot of time &#39;lurking&#39;. I have absolutely fell in love with natural hair, although I am weary and nervous about my personal journey to natural hair. As of right now, my hair is severely damaged, to the point of the midsection of my hair being significantly shorter than the rest, due to ponytails ALL THE TIME. My hair is dry, brittle, and overall HURT. I have never been one to nuture and take care of my hair and when I did start, I think I actually made it worse <_< ...I want healthy hair, point blank. The length can come later, but I&#39;m tired of my hair literally falling out of my head EVERYTIME I comb it or coming out in my hand, when I *attempt* to run my fingers thru it. I will not say that relaxers are entirely to blame, because I know that the lack of care for that chemical fire cream only furthered my problems. I&#39;m ready to take this to the next level and HEAL my hair by any means necessary. I am a FOTKI stalker...especially now and I&#39;m open to any advice to help me get started on this journey. I would like to also let you guys know from an outsider looking in, you all are VERY INSPIRATIONAL and I look forward to learning from you.

[/b]
    Welcome to the site. Like my name implies, I too am scared to death of this process but excited about it at the same time. I had to cut my hair because it kept breaking off from the chemical fire cream. I kept going shorter and shorter each visit to the salon. One day I saw a natural sister at a conference I was attending and fell in love with her hair. It was then that I decided to go natural. I just did the big chop last month. I say, GO FOR IT. I felt so liberated. I got another cut this month, just to make sure all the chemical fire cream was out of my hair. Now I&#39;m ready for some growth. keep us posted on your journey.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/scaredtodeath75/"]http://public.fotki.com/scaredtodeath75/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome sista!! The one thing that I can tell you about taking the leap to go natural is to just take one day at a time. In order to Big Chop and grow healthy hair, you have to be mentally ready wear natural hair. This site helps so much with that. Encouraging yourself and others helps with the transitioning process. I wish you the best of luck with your decision to go natural and stay natural!
    Four Years Down, the rest of my life to go!
    11/03/10

http://public.fotki.com/mscarmelc/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Nappturality..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[i]transition information</span></a>
    be sure to check out the important topics with this one.</span>

[/b][/quote]

"don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because s/he doesn't do what you do, or think as you think. there was a time when you didn't know what you know today." ~malcolm X