Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/29/Rep...80201222668385/

WASHINGTON, Sept. 29 (UPI) -- GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin will be at what a campaign aide called debate camp this week to prepare for a debate with Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del.

The Alaska governor will spend two and a half days at Republican presidential nominee John McCain's home near Sedona, Ariz., preparing for Thursday's debate in St. Louis with Barack Obama's running mate, CNN reported Sunday. Plans had called for Palin to be in St. Louis for her debate preparation.

The aide who called Palin's debate preparation a debate camp told CNN the campaign decided to take the candidate to Arizona because it is an "invigorating and enjoyable place to prepare" for the vice presidential debate. The aide said it was McCain's idea.

Palin has been preparing for the past four days in Philadelphia.

Plans call for Palin to take a break from debate preparation Monday so she can attend a rally with McCain in Ohio, CNN said.

rhoglnn is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't make any difference if you don't know the answer.

"I can see Russia from my house."
    <div align="center">http://public.fotki.com/rhoglnn/
    Didn'tknowwhatihave
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She going to McCain&#39;s house <_< He trying to tap dat ****! Trying to "insert" some "intelligence" huh? :lol:
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Republicans are downplaying Sarah&#39;s debating skills so she will win if she doesn&#39;t make any major mistakes Don&#39;t let them fool you. She has proven to be a formidable debater. Check out her gubernatorial debate.

She does get on my last nerve ending so many of her sentences in prepositions.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debating is not a skill that can be learned overnight. And being knowledgeable hugely helps because if you, you know, know stuff, you don&#39;t lose points by being factually wrong. And by knowledge I don&#39;t means being able to just repeat what your staff has taught you because then, like in that Katie Couric interview, you get you facts mixed up. Considering how the only Supreme court case she knows of is Roe vs Wade, I suppose she can&#39;t count on that to help her out (a gun lover like her should know a a more recent ruling on the topic). Also, to be able to debate properly you have to be willing to learn about what the opposing view on a topic is and what it&#39;s based on, that way you can counter it more effectively. Yes I&#39;ve take part in quite a few debates in my day so I know of what I speak. I skipped the first presidential debate, since it looks like there won&#39;t be a Grey&#39;s anatomy on Thursday, I think I&#39;ll actually watch what better be a train wreck for the records...

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Republicans are downplaying Sarah&#39;s debating skills so she will win if she doesn&#39;t make any major mistakes Don&#39;t let them fool you. She has proven to be a formidable debater. Check out her gubernatorial debate.

She does get on my last nerve ending so many of her sentences in prepositions.
    [/b]
    She can state her arguments. But discussing foreign policy and the economy? Not so sure she&#39;ll do too well without her cue cards.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

rhoglnn is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you ain&#39;t right for the job ti doesn&#39;t matter how long you prepare.
    <div align="center">http://public.fotki.com/rhoglnn/
    Didn'tknowwhatihave
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two factors which make a good debater - the ability to quickly form articulate, logical arguments, and having a good working knowledge of the relevant issues. If this debate was only about parochial concerns of small Alaska towns, I think Palin would be able to do a perfectly adequate job. Given that larger and more complicated issues are going to be be up for discussion, Palin&#39;s chances for success don&#39;t look good IF she plays by the rules.

So I think she will rely on underhanded beauty queen tactics. Don&#39;t be surprised to see her squeeze out a tear of two to shift attention away from Biden when the going gets tough. Look how she tries to manipulate the audience by making a cute little faces or does some pointy thing with her hands when she is saying something incoherent. This is a woman who has raised manipulative female BS to a high art. And it&#39;s a disgrace to competent women (on both sides of the political aisle) who have truly earned their positions.

Now, that beauty queen crap doesn&#39;t work on everybody. Those of us who are actually interested in what she has to say can see right through it, but for her supporters eat it up. They don&#39;t care that she crumbles under pressure, that she can&#39;t form a complete sentence much less a logical argument, or that she is dumber than a tree stump. Palin could be hissing evil curses in the snake language from Harry Potter, but the NASCAR set will still be talking about how much spunk she has. The repugs are spinning her gaffes by saying that she is "over-prepared." They are saying that the interview formats are too restrictive and don&#39;t let her bubbly personality shine through. If you want to believe in fairy tales, no evidence in the world will convince you otherwise.
    Yes... The force is strong with "That One."

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/3237989694_d720fe2697_m.jpg[/img]
    [i]
    Journey to the [url="http://fourmother.blogspot.com"]Land of Our Fourmother[/url].[/i]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m not going to lie and say that I want her to do well. I want the true Palin to shine through in this debate just like we saw the true McCain last Friday -- grumpy, condescending, disrespectful and uninspiring.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She going to McCain&#39;s house <_< He trying to tap dat ****! Trying to "insert" some "intelligence" huh? :lol:
    [/b]
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast