Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...I'm really beginning to see a trend here where Palin/McCain obviously have no respect for black people...

When Palin told Gwen (paraphrasing)-I don't care what you ask me, I'm gonna answer my own questions...
    that was the ULTIMATE SMACK especially since it's rare to see a black woman moderate such a thing...I was shocked and appalled that she would do such a thing and something tells me she wouldnt dare do something like that to Katie Couric or Keith Olberman if they were moderating cause she knows she would get called out on her BS

I think Gwen didn't say anything due to the controversy and didn't want to be perceived as an angry black woman but isn't the common rule of a debate to answer your moderator's questions?? People are eating up her disrespect as being a maverick??

I also did not like the fact that Palin never looked at Gwen (similar to how McCain never looked at Obama) and just stared at the camera the whole time...I know some people think she was trying to talk to America but it seemed like she wasn't even trying to acknowledge Gwen was there............Maybe I'm being Paranoid, but it seems their plan is just not to even acknowledge minorities with their "hockey mom", "joe six-pack" ish and it's really scary when an entire party just eats that up and doesn't realize the diversity of their party needs to be WAY stronger and acknowledging and respecting only one group of people is crazy :unsure:
    Love, Peace, HairGrease, and Double Kisses

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...I'm really beginning to see a trend here where Palin/McCain obviously have no respect for black people...
    When Palin told Gwen (paraphrasing)-I don't care what you ask me, I'm gonna answer my own questions...
    that was the ULTIMATE SMACK especially since it's rare to see a black woman moderate such a thing...I was shocked and appalled that she would do such a thing and something tells me she wouldnt dare do something like that to Katie Couric or Keith Olberman if they were moderating cause she knows she would get called out on her BS

I think Gwen didn't say anything due to the controversy and didn't want to be perceived as an angry black woman but isn't the common rule of a debate to answer your moderator's questions?? People are eating up her disrespect as being a maverick??

I also did not like the fact that Palin never looked at Gwen (similar to how McCain never looked at Obama) and just stared at the camera the whole time...I know some people think she was trying to talk to America but it seemed like she wasn't even trying to acknowledge Gwen was there............Maybe I'm being Paranoid, but it seems their plan is just not to even acknowledge minorities with their "hockey mom", "joe six-pack" ish and it's really scary when an entire party just eats that up and doesn't realize the diversity of their party needs to be WAY stronger and acknowledging and respecting only one group of people is crazy :unsure:
    [/b]
    Though I should be getting ready to go to work right now, I wanted to come into this thread for a few minutes to agree with you. As I was listening to the commentary regarding Palin's "performance" last night, I became increasingly agitataed as many of the rethug pundits talked about how she connects with the average American. That statement alone is an insult. The face of America is so diverse, as you stated. McKKKain/Palin supporters don't represent a cross section of this country. Just look at the difference in the crowds at their speeches vs Barack and Joe's speeches The rethugs dismiss and marginalize people of color with no apologies time and again.

I was very annoyed by all of that winking at the camera, grinning, and "well, gosh darning" that Palin displayed last night -- showmanship with absolutely no substance. She was well-coached, but never answered a question. But, when you think about it, that sad performance was a metaphor for what the old boy network does best -- using smoke, mirrors, and tricks (the literal and figurative ones) to snow people who either don't think critically, or long for the good old days so much that they are willing to be screwed rather than give up their privileged status. Malcolm X was so on point when he called them "masters of tricknology."

You can best believe that I will be working the phone banks for Barack this weekend.
    Racial ignorance remains acceptable and economic imperialism over people of color is still the rule of the day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I'm not going to jump the gun and just call it racism. Disrespectful and rude yes. But I'm not going to make the assumption she did it because she was black.

shay is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way, I actually said today that by her telling Gwen she was not gonna answer the questions it really like like she was trying to say whose the boss. No, you aren't the only person thinking that at all.

Shay
    Read the rantings and ravings of a sista trapped in Maine

http://blackgirlinmaine.wordpress.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it was racist (although my white boss thought so with McCain) but it was disrespectful and par for their disdain for process and legalities. They don't honor subpoenas so you can't expect them to honor the rules of debate.

The Repigs have been nasty from the beginning of this campaign and they are getting nastier as they slip in the polls. McCain is a grumpy old man who doesn't like losing to anyone let alone a young, virile, and attractive BLACK man. He hated Romney for a similar reason.

Palin was known to be nasty based on her history in Alaska. They expected her to be a biache and she is delivering for them. I don't think they expected so many women to turn away from her, however.

edited for a missing word. But while I'm here... I do think they will go racial very soon.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I'm not going to jump the gun and just call it racism. Disrespectful and rude yes. But I'm not going to make the assumption she did it because she was black.
    [/b]
    IA. It's not racism, it's just her following the script she was told to do. By saying she was not going to answer, she won points with those who accuse the "liberal" media of being biased against her and she could say whatever she wanted without, again to those she's preaching to, looking like she didn't answer the questions properly...

I will admit that Ifill probably was intimidated by all the hoopla before the debate and should have pressed her harder on some issues but, it was not an interview and the debate's format probably didn't allow for it.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racism with Palin, no. Disrepectful? Absolutely.

Now, McCain racism may play a part in it with him. I mean, what do you expect for a man that campaigned agains the King Holiday and to be the only state in the nation for years that did not honor such a holiday. Also, what do you expect from a man that came to the defense of a man that called Black people Pickaninnies?
    Transition date: April 2007
    Last CFC: March 2007
    BC September 6, 2007

britni is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    I agree completely. I'm quite sure Sarah would have done the same thing if the moderator was a white man. She was so thoroughly coached and prepped for this debate that it would have been foolish for her to go off track of what she was told to say beforehand.

I miss you ladies, by the way. :wub:
    happily nappy since 10/12/2006; BC#2 06/19/2008
    I SUPPORT BARACK
    South Carolina! Let's meetup!
    Let's Talk About Writing...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I agree. I think that it was an attempt to look more in touch with 'the American people' and also to hide her ignorance.
    "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you too can be great." Mark Twain

[color=#6600CC]NP member since April 2003[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree completely. I'm quite sure Sarah would have done the same thing if the moderator was a white man. She was so thoroughly coached and prepped for this debate that it would have been foolish for her to go off track of what she was told to say beforehand.

I miss you ladies, by the way. :wub:
    [/b]
    awww we miss you too..

Ok so the consensus is, Palin isn't a racist but she's just a B**ch :lol:

I feel y'all but I guess something keeps nagging at my soul though about that debate ..I almost was screaming at that monitor when she disrespected her on national TV like that, and I felt like my face was going red...I guess my concern is if they knew Gwen was going to be the moderator for months could McCain have trained her to disregard the negroes like he has and consider it as some sort of power play to just simply ignore us and focus on America's "hockey mom" and her crew since our vote to them doesn't matter?
    Love, Peace, HairGrease, and Double Kisses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast