Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to Great Clips to the white guy who did my hair well when it was permed and once before he shaped me up real nice when I was natural. So my hair had grown out to about 4inches when stretched and it wasn't neat in the back anymore and I told him to neaten up the back but keep my length. The back is neat but he totally disregarded the last bit and set me back months in growth. It's been 8months since my bc and I've got hardly anything to show for it. I'm upset about the bad cut and the fact that I'm not seeing the legnth that I want to see.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used against you.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry this happened to you , hopefully with extra nurturing and care it will grow back even better than before

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Trezher Guest

Sorry to hear that happen to you He probably was trying to shape it up by giving you a cute natural cut, do you have any pictures to share

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW !! I'm sorry to hear that happened. I'm sure you are still rocking it like you were before the trim . Your naps will grow back sooner than you think.
    [color=#993399][i]Last CFC: 9/2007
    <strike>Currently transitioning</strike> B/C:6/27/08[/i][/color]
    [b][color=#990000]<strike>(10/4/08) ~ Loc Journey has begun</strike>[/color][/b] sorry... couldn&#39;t do it! I was missing my [SIZE=2]AFRO PUFF!!</span>
    [i][u][b]<span style="color:#6600CC">100% Natural and Loving It!!![/SIZE][/b][/u][/i]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/emancipated1107/"]http://public.fotki.com/emancipated1107/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see thats why im afriad to get my ends cliped right now, cause i dont want to end up with a hair cut, but i know i need one. sorry it happened to you
    *UPDATED 4-3-12*

Yekomod's Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I keep reminding myself it&#39;s only hair and that it&#39;ll grow back. I don&#39;t really have any pictures of it. Well not any new ones. I&#39;ve been camera shy lately. But if I get any pics taken I&#39;ll post them or a link to them.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used against you.

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m sorry for your bad trim. It may not be as long as you want it to be, but its all healthy right? I&#39;m sure that your hair cut looks good on you and it will grow back before you know it.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I went to Great Clips to the white guy who did my hair well when it was permed and once before he shaped me up real nice when I was natural. So my hair had grown out to about 4inches when stretched and it wasn&#39;t neat in the back anymore and I told him to neaten up the back but keep my length. The back is neat but he totally disregarded the last bit and set me back months in growth. It&#39;s been 8months since my bc and I&#39;ve got hardly anything to show for it. I&#39;m upset about the bad cut and the fact that I&#39;m not seeing the legnth that I want to see.
    [/b]

I had a similar experience but it was the same day I big chopped (10.10.200.

I have wanted to go natural for about eight years. Six months ago I decided not to put a chemical fire cream in my hair and wear braids. First there was senegalese then kinky twist. Yesterday, I took out the kinky twist but when I washed my hair there were knots all over (where the natural and relaxed hair met). So, I decided to cut. After I cut the relaxed ends off I spent hours in the mirror trying different styles. Later, I decided to go to the barbershop to make sure my fro was even. You know I have to look good rocking the new do. When I stepped in the shop, I told the barber that I did not want the fro cut, I just want the remaining straight end trimmed and my fro to be even. He said ok. I sat in the hair and dude cut my fro that I spent six months growing. I went off. He started pointing to a picture on the wall. I screamed NNNNOOOO! One of the other barbers intercepted because I was so angry. I found out from another customer that he always messes people up and he supposedly read lips. I don&#39;t know if he don&#39;t know English or if he is deaf but I was highly pissed. That was six months of happy nappiness on the floor. So now I am rocking a wig for the next month or two until I get the fro back. I am not happy about the twa.

So, I feel you. I am never getting my hair trimmed either.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel your pain!!!

There is nothing worse than an unexpected, un-WANTED CHOP!!!

ugh!

What was that beautiful African Woman thinking...

When she opened that Jar Full o&#39;Lyes???

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is only hair and it will grow back, but it sucks to have length taken away when pretty much all you wanted was the scraggly ends dusted off.

I had that happen to me once. I never went back to them for a trim. Then one time I got a bit too enthusiastic with the scissors. So I went for about a good year and a half with no trim. I trimmed it recently because it was long overdue. My hair was knotting and the ends and was just getting really unmanageable.

I basically do a twist and snip routine and that worked fine. I didn&#39;t cut too much off and now my ends are under control.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast