Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am supposed to reply here. Anyway, I am in the military also. My question is are you active Army? If so, how do wear your hair and have it look nice wearing headgear daily? What is your rank? I am stationed in Picatinny Arsenal. I saw some other blogs, not trying to be judgemental but the regs do not authorize Locs! But if you can get away with it, DO YOU!!! I need advice on this transition. B/C is Dec31.
    [/b]
    I was wondering if they changed the regs on locs. My ETS was in 2003, so I'm sure a lot has changed. I remember when I was in AIT, a lady had locs and looking back on it I think she may have been a Rasta. But I remember her being an emotional mess when they told her she had to take them out. I *wonder* if they would notice the difference if someone had sisterlocks as opposed to the "traditional" pencil sized locs.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if they changed the regs on locs. My ETS was in 2003, so I'm sure a lot has changed. I remember when I was in AIT, a lady had locs and looking back on it I think she may have been a Rasta. But I remember her being an emotional mess when they told her she had to take them out. I *wonder* if they would notice the difference if someone had sisterlocks as opposed to the "traditional" pencil sized locs.
    [/b]
    the regs say your hair can not be matted or locked and must present a neat appearance. i also wonder about sisterlocs, they look like micros until they mature. thats when i think people will start asking questions.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to intrude ladies. I am in the process of joining the military (Army, was seriously considering Marines) i'm going up to MEPS on Wed. Then on Thurs I'm taking the DLAB. wish me luck!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been in for a while now
    5 years next week, Army Reserves
    & i've asked the same questions myself along my natural journey
    then i seen a lot of black women on post w/ beautiful locs, not just sisterlocks either
    the neat appearence i believe is the key
    i am newly loc'd after 3 yrs of natural & i will let you know how it goes

OT:What i want to know is how did you guys get such great duty stations(planning on goin active soon)
    Italy, sounds nice
    what is wrong with Hawaii, you have to let me know the truth on that one???
    [SIZE=2]Loc Journey: 1-23-09</span>[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just enlisted 2 weeks ago. I am in the delayed entry program, so I won&#39;t be heading off to basic until July 22.

Question: Since I&#39;ll be down there in hot a** South Carolina in the summer, how should I wear my hair? I won&#39;t have nearly as much time to do it as I do now. Suggestions?

Also, my MOS is 37F

lea23 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    East Coast via MidWest... it is pop dangit
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the military as well and I am stationed in Va. I really wish I could be in italy or hawaii, but I have one year left til my EAOS.

At my command they are strict when it comes to natural hair and not as strict on relaxed or non -kinky texture hair. Whenever I see someone natural getting chewed out it makes me quote the hair grooming standards back at that person ( i know them like the back of my hand since being natural)

However not every command is like mine so it may be different in other places
    Last CFC: June 15th 2007
    BC: Aug. 4th 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been in for four year. I am an e4. I know, I guess I am taking my precious time getting promoted. LOL. But, there was a time that I had issues with my chain of command and the hair. It was when I was always wearing it in a fro. Eventually the fro got too big for my head gear. I looked kind of weird. Also, when I was deployed I got alot of grief from a...ok a white officer. I had to wrap my hair as soon as I got out of the shower or there would have been big trouble(the heat is crazy down range). But the female showers were about a mile away from our sleeping tents so....people saw me of course. But I guess that is an extreme case because I was in an infantry unit so they were alot stricter than most. My SGM backed me up though after I went to work one day without having had wrapped my hair. I walked into his office, his saw my hair, eyes got big, and I was given the day off. One of the only days I ever had off down there. After that day the only thing the CPT could do is roll her eyes whenever she saw me. I smiled a little more every time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah. WLC was a prob too. The reg says what it says and then goes on to say that it is still up to the COC.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE]Question: Since I'll be down there in hot a** South Carolina in the summer, how should I wear my hair? I won't have nearly as much time to do it as I do now. Suggestions?

Also, my MOS is 37F[/QUOTE]

Braids are the safest way to go. But Basic isn't as strict as it used to be. LOL. You will hear that alot.
    Last edited by mellownee; 09-16-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12