Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Ok,
    I live in South louisiana. baton rouge to be exact. i am late on getting my winter garden started, cuz school and other things have me running ragged. so I got the mantis tiller it should be coming in this wednesday. yay. i am going to attempt to have a little veggie garden in my raised bed in the back. full of my winter veggies. have any of yall use the mantis? how do you like it? i know i am supposed to till it first then add additional dirt and then till again to blend it all right? i am really not sure of my layout since i did mostly container gardening in the spring/summer. i know i can get away with a lot more stuff so to speak with a raised bed. i also thought maybe i should make another one for my herbs. so any pointers on tilling. oh if it makes a difference my zone is 8 or 9 depending on whose site you look at. i do know 3 things i am going to have. kale, collards, mustard greens. blueberry bush. rosemary, fennel. all are hardy to withstand winter here. also maybe spinach. i want some egyptian walking onions too. if you look on burpee.com they are pretty cool and low maintance very unique too.
    tia,
    Jas.1984
    http://public.fotki.com/jas1984/

last chemical fire cream: july 21, 2007
    bc date: september 27, 2007
    1 year nappy and counting!!!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jas.1984,
    Kudos to you on wanting a winter garden!! I don't live in a state (Ohio) that would support one, but I've been always interested in the Mantis Tiller. BUT...I usually resort to renting a regular small tiller from a neighborhood spot. I'll be checking this thread for info regarding that. Good luck.

jas.1984,
    Kudos to you on wanting a winter garden!! I don't live in a state (Ohio) that would support one, but I've been always interested in the Mantis Tiller. BUT...I usually resort to renting a regular small tiller from a neighborhood spot. I'll be checking this thread for info regarding that. Good luck. What are Egyptian walking onions?!?
    [/b]

jas.1984 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jas.1984,
    Kudos to you on wanting a winter garden!! I don't live in a state (Ohio) that would support one, but I've been always interested in the Mantis Tiller. BUT...I usually resort to renting a regular small tiller from a neighborhood spot. I'll be checking this thread for info regarding that. Good luck.
    [/b]
    Thanks,
    I am excited about it i cant hardly stand it :lol: i got the 4 cycle one so i dont have to worry with the whole oil gas mix thing. it cost a little more but if it can do what it says it can do and what i have seen on demonstrations it is well worth it. you can order directly from their site. and pay in 4 even installments which is cool. free shipping and a free gift and edger attach i think. i am excited. i say i can do it but the weather here is so screwy it can be 80 degrees one minute then 30 degrees the next all in one day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,
    I am excited about it i cant hardly stand it :lol: i got the 4 cycle one so i dont have to worry with the whole oil gas mix thing. it cost a little more but if it can do what it says it can do and what i have seen on demonstrations it is well worth it. you can order directly from their site. and pay in 4 even installments which is cool. free shipping and a free gift and edger attach i think. i am excited. i say i can do it but the weather here is so screwy it can be 80 degrees one minute then 30 degrees the next all in one day.
    [/b]
    Sooo.... Did you get the Mantis? Do you like it? I've been looking at it for years and never took the plunge.
    <div align="center">Last CFC - April 19, 2008
    BC - August 22, 2008

I'lll always be a GA nappy
    </div>

jas.1984 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i have it. havent used it yet. will this weekend though. i got my compost ready and everything