Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Education should be fashioned to enable us to be self sufficient as a people.

Nation of Gods & Earths

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

Im in DC ....work in Fairfax. Loced since 3/7/2007. Happy to share my experience and offer support if you like.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Im in DC ....work in Fairfax. Loced since 3/7/2007. Happy to share my experience and offer support if you like.
    [/b]

i have about 2-3 inches of hair on my head and i'm going to start locs. only thing is that the locticians in my area want upwards of $150 to start locs. so i decided to start them myself. i know this is a general question, but how do i do comb coils/2 strand twist on my own head...i know how to do them on someone else, but i don't want to be breakin my arms tryin to do my hair (tried to once but i couldn't get the parts correct)... so where do i start???
    Education should be fashioned to enable us to be self sufficient as a people.

Nation of Gods & Earths

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually had a loctician start mine becasue I was never good at parts and I wanted to make sure they were pretty even. I DID NOT pay 150 bucks though. I paid around 90.

When my hair was loose I used to twist it. Basically you just gotta set aside the time and do it. Remember that these twists will not be coming out so you want to make sure that you make them how you want them. Doing them on your own head is just the same as doing them on another persons head. Just that your arms will probably get sore. Another thing that I realize now though is that I no longer care about the parts lmao :lol:

As my locs matured I started doing less retwists and I really am loving my hair. Its a matter of preference I guess. I went from wanting manicured locs to being not so picky. Just something to think about.

I hope this answer helped you at least a little bit.
    Shay