Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold up! Now, I said from the jump, that I didn't like the hair. It looks dry, tangles a lot and irritates my skin. I thought, maybe it's the coating on the hair, so last night I decided to wash and deep condition it. As soon as the water hit it, I realized what the problem is - IT'S SYNTHETIC!!!!!!

Ok, atleast that's what I think.. I sent my stylist an email asking about it. I asked her what kind of hair she used vwhen I made my appointment, because I didn't want any problems. She said she used "good Korean hair" and it was included in the price. Now $390 is a bit steep, but i figured you have to consider the price of the hair. If she's buying good quality hair of course you should expect to pay more and it should last and be easier to manage. I don't think that's the case here. I sent her an email asking if she did a switcheroo and used synthetics. I am waiting on a response.

I take nothing away from the salon. It looked nice and Mushiya was very nice and she did a good job. I didn't get any wine or anything, although she did apologize and say that she did not treat me like she usually does her other customers. I was fine. I don't like wine anyway. I just hope I didn't pay almost 400 for some synthetic mess.
    Failure isn't falling down - It's staying down.

Fokti http://members.fotki.com/ursula10/about/
    Myspace http://www.myspace.com/howuluvdat

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold up! Now, I said from the jump, that I didn't like the hair. It looks dry, tangles a lot and irritates my skin. I thought, maybe it's the coating on the hair, so last night I decided to wash and deep condition it. As soon as the water hit it, I realized what the problem is - IT'S SYNTHETIC!!!!!!

Ok, atleast that's what I think.. I sent my stylist an email asking about it. I asked her what kind of hair she used vwhen I made my appointment, because I didn't want any problems. She said she used "good Korean hair" and it was included in the price. Now $390 is a bit steep, but i figured you have to consider the price of the hair. If she's buying good quality hair of course you should expect to pay more and it should last and be easier to manage. I don't think that's the case here. I sent her an email asking if she did a switcheroo and used synthetics. I am waiting on a response.

I take nothing away from the salon. It looked nice and Mushiya was very nice and she did a good job. I didn't get any wine or anything, although she did apologize and say that she did not treat me like she usually does her other customers. I was fine. I don't like wine anyway. I just hope I didn't pay almost 400 for some synthetic mess.
    [/b]
    Oh no! I hope it's not synthetic. The price is super, duper steep, but if you factor in $100 hair, it makes it a little easier to swallow. Good luck on that girl. What happened after you washed? Does it still look good? Why do you think it's synthetic?

As for the wine, or whatever, just be wary of some of the posts people make out of the blue on here. I notice that in posts about hair salons, all of a sudden, people seem to create an account just to comment on some of the hairdressers. Just my :2cents:

Anyway, PLEASE keep us updated. I don't live in Atlanta, but my inlaws do, so I often get my hair done when I'm in town.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooohhhh! That sounds interesting! I live in Douglasville, but Ive never heard of that tres belle salon. Id love to give it a go, bbbbbuuuuutttt, THE PRICE!! yikes!! Id definitely have to save up
    and just to SEE what there about. Maybe for a special occasion. LOL
    I looked at the pics and those City Twists look amazing! I wonder if I can figure out how they're done and try to see if I can try and do it. Can anybody look at the pic and tell me what type of hair you think they used? I love me some twists yall! anything that keeps me from having to do my hair! But if I pay 390 for some braids, they WILL not be coming out! lol I would just have to start my locking adventure :lol:

Ursula10: Those tai braids look fantastic on you girly!
    Last perm: OCT 2007
    BC'd: June 4, 2008!

[url="http://www.fotki.com/sunbubbles"]MY FOTKI![/url]

[url="http://www.fotki.com/yourstruly06"]MY CAKE ALBUM![/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfGtLcg/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfGtLcg/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    Chile, you better stop it. For $390, that had better be some good Beyonce type weave. I will definitely stick to styles with my natural hair IF I decide to try this place out. And "Good Korean Hair"? That is not a good enough explanation of what type of hair she used. Un uh, something in the milk ain't clean...

Born & raised in Boston now living in the ATL.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that hair is synethic--she would be taking it out and putting some "Good Korean HUMAN hair" in. I hope everything works out for you.
    Bead Queen[color=#FF99FF]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just got off the phone with my braider. I sent her an email about this hair this morning. She assures me that it is human and not synthetic. <_< She said she will re curl it for me. Well, for starters, I want it straight. I explained that I don&#39;t want it curled. I told her it&#39;s hard and full of tangles. I also told her I was concerned because I washed it and conditioned it and everything just "sat" on the hair (like it&#39;s plastic). The hair didn&#39;t get limp/soft or anything when the water hit it. The same crinkles stayed in. She said she set it in such a way that the crinkles will stay in.... y&#39;all, all she did was plait it and put it in hot water. Now I&#39;ve have all kinds of hair do&#39;s and hair. I&#39;ve paid from $20- $2,700 for a hair do ( I kid you not) and I know when something isn&#39;t right. Either this hair is synthetic, or it&#39;s some crap. When I invest That kind of money in a hair do, I expect good results because I plan to keep it in a while.

I&#39;m in Miami and she said I could come back by when I get in Town and she&#39;ll straighten it for me for free. She&#39;s being really nice about it, but I&#39;ve got to let my friend (who is a liscensed cosmetologist) take a look at this firdt. Something isn&#39;t right.
    Failure isn&#39;t falling down - It&#39;s staying down.

Fokti http://members.fotki.com/ursula10/about/
    Myspace http://www.myspace.com/howuluvdat

Born & raised in Boston now living in the ATL.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just got off the phone with my braider. I sent her an email about this hair this morning. She assures me that it is human and not synthetic. <_< She said she will re curl it for me. Well, for starters, I want it straight. I explained that I don&#39;t want it curled. I told her it&#39;s hard and full of tangles. I also told her I was concerned because I washed it and conditioned it and everything just "sat" on the hair (like it&#39;s plastic). The hair didn&#39;t get limp/soft or anything when the water hit it. The same crinkles stayed in. She said she set it in such a way that the crinkles will stay in.... y&#39;all, all she did was plait it and put it in hot water. Now I&#39;ve have all kinds of hair do&#39;s and hair. I&#39;ve paid from $20- $2,700 for a hair do ( I kid you not) and I know when something isn&#39;t right. Either this hair is synthetic, or it&#39;s some crap. When I invest That kind of money in a hair do, I expect good results because I plan to keep it in a while.

I&#39;m in Miami and she said I could come back by when I get in Town and she&#39;ll straighten it for me for free. She&#39;s being really nice about it, but I&#39;ve got to let my friend (who is a liscensed cosmetologist) take a look at this firdt. Something isn&#39;t right.
    [/b]

Work it out sista--that&#39;s to much money for fake $hit.
    Bead Queen[color=#FF99FF]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve paid from $20- $2,700 for a hair do ( I kid you not) and I know when something isn&#39;t right. [/b]
    Can a sista get a loan? :lol: I think I may get tree braids again. They looked great, no one believed they were tree braids because her technique makes them look like invisible braids. Now if only I can find the braiders info... I think I paid $160 for them and I kept them for 2 months. I bought my own hair because I didn&#39;t like the hair she had. I wanted human deep wave hair, and she only had straight and wet and wavy. If she provides the hair, I think the price was $180. Not a big discount considering the deep wave hair was like $40 a pack, so I paid $80 for two packs. I may use her hair this time, if I can find her number. :unsure:

Also, taking them out was a breeze! It may have taken me an hour.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$390? Good lawd, that would be a good contribution to my Louis Vuitton bag fund lol. I don&#39;t know, I&#39;m all about good hair styling, but I&#39;m not trying to pay a mint for something temporary such as a hairdo. Also, Ida&#39;s prices are kind of steep too. This is what bothers me with natural hair stylists, the price point. I am NOT paying $75 for a twist out, that is ridiculous. Especially if it&#39;s a flat twist twist out. Flat twists take no time to do, sitting under the dryer takes no effort for the stylist, then untwisting and fluffing takes minutes so $75 for that? Naw dawg. Now Salon Tres Belle&#39;s twist out is $45, I can deal with that. Maybe I&#39;ll try them out for that style since I suck at twists.
    [/b]
    Those braids were Hot though!! $390 not too bad for the labor and hair, and the length of time you get to wear them for. When you break it down and do the math, it&#39;s worth it. You think Ida&#39;s prices are high?? I don&#39;t think so, I find them to be Very reasonable for what&#39;s out there. Remember, you do get what you pay for. And, by the way, that twist out you are referring, she does them with individual two strand twist, that she recommends you wear for a couple of weeks in order to get your monies worth...Sorry but aforementioned I represent for my stylist, she has NEVER let me down! Lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess 75 bucks for an individual strand twist out isn&#39;t bad. I don&#39;t know if her prices are good compared to what&#39;s out there because most natural salons that I know of charge too much in my opinion, which is why I do my own hair for the most part. I just look at things in a larger scheme and it doesn&#39;t make sense for me to drop 400 bucks on a hairstyle that will only last about 8 weeks, when I could spend that on something with more longevity such as stocking up on good hair products, clothes, etc...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast