Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Guys, I called and amde an appointment. I'm getting the Tai Braids on 12/29. I was a little weary already because htey claimed the thread treatment would increase hair growth. But the Tai braids are beautiful in the picture so I want some. According to the description, the hair is completely covered so it should protect my hair and let it rest. The lady who answered the phone said that the hair was included and I was happy about that and said, "Hey' $290 might not be a bad price to pay for the hair and the braids," (they take 10 hours according to the web site. The lady on the ohone said 9 hours). But then she repeated the appointment date and time, the hair color, the stylist and said and the price will be $390. I was like What? The web site says $290. She saidyou're the second person who's said that. That is wrong, I nee to have it changed. Then she asked how long it said they last and I told her 5 weeks. She said they last 10-12 weeks and that if I take care of them they will last longer. She assured me that it is a typo and that they use excellent quality hair that will last. The hair in the pic is beautiful. I hope it's the same kind. If I get there and it's some crap I'm leaving.
    Failure isn't falling down - It's staying down.

Fokti http://members.fotki.com/ursula10/about/
    Myspace http://www.myspace.com/howuluvdat

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Guys, I called and amde an appointment. I'm getting the Tai Braids on 12/29. I was a little weary already because htey claimed the thread treatment would increase hair growth. But the Tai braids are beautiful in the picture so I want some. According to the description, the hair is completely covered so it should protect my hair and let it rest. The lady who answered the phone said that the hair was included and I was happy about that and said, "Hey' $290 might not be a bad price to pay for the hair and the braids," (they take 10 hours according to the web site. The lady on the ohone said 9 hours). But then she repeated the appointment date and time, the hair color, the stylist and said and the price will be $390. I was like What? The web site says $290. She saidyou're the second person who's said that. That is wrong, I nee to have it changed. Then she asked how long it said they last and I told her 5 weeks. She said they last 10-12 weeks and that if I take care of them they will last longer. She assured me that it is a typo and that they use excellent quality hair that will last. The hair in the pic is beautiful. I hope it's the same kind. If I get there and it's some crap I'm leaving.
    [/b]
    Which one's are the tai braids. Are they the curly micro looking braids on the site? Be sure to share your photos when you're done.
    If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.
    Barack Obama

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one's are the tai braids. Are they the curly micro looking braids on the site? Be sure to share your photos when you're done.
    [/b]
    I will be sure to post them. They can be found on the page under services, braids, then go down to Tai braids. This is the link to the picture http://www.salontresbelle.com/hair2_b_taibraids.html
    They look like micros but they're only braided a tiny bit. They look like micros, however, all hair is completely covered with braids. I'm curious to see how they do that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

Hey Missy...its 12/30 so how was it at Salon Tres Belle?

I want details, pics....the works?

[color=#000099][b]RUCreole? Sak Pase?
    [url]www.myspace.com/rucreole[/url][/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are Tai braids. It's a microbraid that's braided all the way to the end of my hair. Loose hair is all around my braided hair covering it up so you only see the small end of the braid like micros.

IF I pull it apart then it looks like one microbraid and the other part is loose hair

I like these better because unlike micros, I don't have so much of the hair braided and I think it looks better. AND I don't think I'll have to worry about my hair showing though as much as it did when I have micros when the style gets older. These are micros:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Those look nice. How long did it take and how long will they last? Man, $390 is a grip for some braids though. Does that include the hair and is it human? And how was the salon experience in general? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm curious!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a bit thrown when the directions led me to a beautiful gigantic home in Douglasville. I was likte WTF, the website has a picture of a slaon. Well, the salon is in her house. The salon pictured on the website is in a room in her basement. And it's really quite nice. The person who did my braids was Mushiya and she was really nice. She has a head full of beautiful natural hair, but she was kind of rough with ine. I have the nappiest hai in the work and she was combing thorugh it dry so you know how much was in the floor and it felt like my jead was being ripped off, but I'm used to it. I had tri some conditioning concoction the night before that left my hair super hard too. I had used some rhassoul clay and een though I washed it several times, I think my hair still held on to some of it because it looked brown.

As for the price, $390 was a bit much. The website had it advertised as $290, but when I called to make an appointment she said it was an oversite on the web page. I thought she was pulling my leg, but when I tried to schedule and appointment online, when I got ready to confirm $390 came up. The price has been corrected on the site. Some one called while I was getting my hair done and Mushiya told them the braids were regularly $490, but they were running a special. I don't know if this was true or just some good game, but let me tell you. I like these braids but I wouldn't pay $500 for them. If I get more, I want to bring my own hair. I don't know how much they would knock off of the price.

The hair is included in the price and I was told it's some good hair, but personally I think it 's pretty crappy and tangles. For the price I spent for the braids, I would have rather used the virgin indian remy hair that I usually buy. If I get these redone, I would definitely use some different hair. She started onmy hair at 11am and finished at 8pm. I stopped to use the bathroom once. She went up stairs a few time, but for the most part she was working on my hair. We didnt' even eat lunch, which was fine with me, I was really tired and just wanted to go home. I did feel bad because she had someone scheduled fo 6pm, but becuase I was late, it threw thing off. It wasn't my fault though, I tried to come on Tuesday in the first place.

They have a style called city twists that I really like. They are around $250 I think, I can't remember. I think I'll get some of those the next time if I go back.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a bit thrown when the directions led me to a beautiful gigantic home in Douglasville. I was likte WTF, the website has a picture of a slaon. Well, the salon is in her house. The salon pictured on the website is in a room in her basement. And it's really quite nice. The person who did my braids was Mushiya and she was really nice. She has a head full of beautiful natural hair, but she was kind of rough with ine. I have the nappiest hai in the work and she was combing thorugh it dry so you know how much was in the floor and it felt like my jead was being ripped off, but I'm used to it. I had tri some conditioning concoction the night before that left my hair super hard too. I had used some rhassoul clay and een though I washed it several times, I think my hair still held on to some of it because it looked brown.

As for the price, $390 was a bit much. The website had it advertised as $290, but when I called to make an appointment she said it was an oversite on the web page. I thought she was pulling my leg, but when I tried to schedule and appointment online, when I got ready to confirm $390 came up. The price has been corrected on the site. Some one called while I was getting my hair done and Mushiya told them the braids were regularly $490, but they were running a special. I don't know if this was true or just some good game, but let me tell you. I like these braids but I wouldn't pay $500 for them. If I get more, I want to bring my own hair. I don't know how much they would knock off of the price.

The hair is included in the price and I was told it's some good hair, but personally I think it 's pretty crappy and tangles. For the price I spent for the braids, I would have rather used the virgin indian remy hair that I usually buy. If I get these redone, I would definitely use some different hair. She started onmy hair at 11am and finished at 8pm. I stopped to use the bathroom once. She went up stairs a few time, but for the most part she was working on my hair. We didnt' even eat lunch, which was fine with me, I was really tired and just wanted to go home. I did feel bad because she had someone scheduled fo 6pm, but becuase I was late, it threw thing off. It wasn't my fault though, I tried to come on Tuesday in the first place.

They have a style called city twists that I really like. They are around $250 I think, I can't remember. I think I'll get some of those the next time if I go back.
    [/b]

Thats funny! I absolutely LOVE Salon Tres Belle. I have been a regular at the salon for about 2 years now and I wouldn't go anywhere else. I started off with permed hair and cut it off on my way to becoming all natural. Since then I've been continuously getting the city twists and my hair has regrown and can stretch to a little bit beyond my shoulders.

The price isn't necessarily cheap, but I believe you get what you pay for and I love the city twists that I have been getting.

The only problem that I have with the salon is the house wine...I'm addicted! For my sisters who enjoy wine you have to request the house wine when you go. Its a secret wine that they serve to the clients and its absolutely delicious!

I will be adding my photos soon! (Husband has the camera and is out of town, but as soon as he gets back I'll post some up!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pics of Tai Braids...thanks for posting.

I can't wait to see the city twist pics.

:rolleyes:
    [color=#000099][b]RUCreole? Sak Pase?
    [url]www.myspace.com/rucreole[/url][/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$390? Good lawd, that would be a good contribution to my Louis Vuitton bag fund lol. I don't know, I'm all about good hair styling, but I'm not trying to pay a mint for something temporary such as a hairdo. Also, Ida's prices are kind of steep too. This is what bothers me with natural hair stylists, the price point. I am NOT paying $75 for a twist out, that is ridiculous. Especially if it's a flat twist twist out. Flat twists take no time to do, sitting under the dryer takes no effort for the stylist, then untwisting and fluffing takes minutes so $75 for that? Naw dawg. Now Salon Tres Belle's twist out is $45, I can deal with that. Maybe I'll try them out for that style since I suck at twists.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast