Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, at first I wasn't a big fan of potlucks cause I had that attitude that "I don't eat everybody's cooking" But then I thought about all the restaurants I go to, all the mom and pop restaurants I go to, the bake sales I support and I broke out it. I will eat something if it looks good. However, if I know the person has nasty habits, I will not eat from their dish....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girl bye...u sound like me. I thought that ours was on Wed. & I'm off so I thought I'd miss it but it's 2moro. My co-workers just came 2 ask me what I was bringin and they couldn't understand my logic of not wantin 2 eat er'rybody food. I told em' I wasn't bringin or donatin and I would be eatin out for lunch. I always think about how people smell and how they keep their desk and it just turns me off. I told my friend if I bring somethin, don't eat it cuz I'ma put a piece of afro in that bad boy...I bet they won't worry me for a potluck no mo! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not abnormal, I'd react the same way you did. My workplace has never suggested potlucks. But if they did I definitely would not partake in any of the food brought in. One of my coworkers brings in brownies & other baked goods but I refuse to eat any of it. She has a funny smell to her, not stinky but it's a combo of wet dog & fresh from playing outside smell (a distinct smell I recall from when I was a kid & my cuz smelled like that). Another is a smoker who sprays herself with cheap smelling body spray (I'm talking 5-6 spritzes in one shot) after she comes back from her cigarette breaks . It phucks up my nose everytime she does it. I could just picture some of these folks in their kitchens licking their fingers & dipping it into whatever they're preparing...nastay...no way I'm eating any food from them. :icon_headshake: sorry, no can do.
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don&#39;t do work potlucks. i know that i eat at 50million restaurants that are probably dirty as hell, but i KNOW these folks are nasty. i see their nastiness everyday, and i&#39;ll be damned if i put their food in my mouth. last time i did a work potluck, i thought i would be safe eating the store bought sheet cake, but half of it was missing. before i cut a piece, i asked the woman who brought the STORE BOUGHT cake why half was missing and she said, "Oh, my cat jumped on the counter and started eating it, so i just cut that part of the cake off". HELL TO THE NAW!!!!! <_<
    <div align="center">http://i43.tinypic.com/29qo8p4.jpg
    "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." ~Mohandas Gandhi</div>
    <div align="center">Crisp CoCo </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You&#39;re not abnormal, I&#39;d react the same way you did. My workplace has never suggested potlucks. But if they did I definitely would not partake in any of the food brought in. One of my coworkers brings in brownies & other baked goods but I refuse to eat any of it. She has a funny smell to her, not stinky but it&#39;s a combo of wet dog & fresh from playing outside smell (a distinct smell I recall from when I was a kid & my cuz smelled like that). Another is a smoker who sprays herself with cheap smelling body spray (I&#39;m talking 5-6 spritzes in one shot) after she comes back from her cigarette breaks . It phucks up my nose everytime she does it. I could just picture some of these folks in their kitchens licking their fingers & dipping it into whatever they&#39;re preparing...nastay...no way I&#39;m eating any food from them. :icon_headshake: sorry, no can do.
    [/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    public.fotki.com/nappyaka08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, Steak and Kidney pie??
    *shudders*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, at first I wasn&#39;t a big fan of potlucks cause I had that attitude that "I don&#39;t eat everybody&#39;s cooking" But then I thought about all the restaurants I go to, all the mom and pop restaurants I go to, the bake sales I support and I broke out it. I will eat something if it looks good. However, if I know the person has nasty habits, I will not eat from their dish....
    [/b]

ITA..MY brother worked at Ruth Chris Steakhouse and I have never or will ever eat there...so believe you me, eating out ANYWHERE is nasty if you think too hard about it. So I don&#39;t think about where my food has been, if I did, I would never eat.

We had our international potluck today. It was ok, some of stuff was nasty looking, but I value everyone&#39;s culture so I sample a little bit of everything.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My office potluck is coming up. I&#39;m so glad I agreed to go to two parties on that date before I even knew about my office party....they&#39;re some unsavory individuals up in my office that just LOOK like they will cook up something that will make your stomach bubble.
    Been gone for a minute, but now i&#39;m back.....Formerly known as BabyAngelaDavis. Check me out on Yelp.com; [url="http://janeen-b.yelp.com"]http://janeen-b.yelp.com[/url]

Add me as a friend on Facebook (just let me know you&#39;re from NP) [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?r473847f3&refid=7"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?r473847f3&refid=7[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don&#39;t do work potlucks. i know that i eat at 50million restaurants that are probably dirty as hell, but i KNOW these folks are nasty. i see their nastiness everyday, and i&#39;ll be damned if i put their food in my mouth. last time i did a work potluck, i thought i would be safe eating the store bought sheet cake, but half of it was missing. before i cut a piece, i asked the woman who brought the STORE BOUGHT cake why half was missing and she said, "Oh, my cat jumped on the counter and started eating it, so i just cut that part of the cake off". HELL TO THE NAW!!!!! <_<
    [/b]
    Oh, Nooo!!!! I can&#39;t believe the lady brought that cake after her cat ate half! If she&#39;s gonna be trifling bringing half the cake, she should have cut it all up into pieces or something. I would have never confessed on that one, lol.

I actually like potlucks. Maybe all the potlucks I&#39;ve gone to, I&#39;ve pretty much known the people, but I&#39;m also open to trying different foods. Everything on that list seemed like pretty standard Thanksgiving-ish fare, sans the steak and kidney pie though :dunno:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve participated in our office put luck for years and nothing bad happened, but then I&#39;d be stumbling drunk half way through... I just think some of y&#39;all are picky. OP, you&#39;re a vegetarian so of course animal by products won&#39;t float your boat but hey, I&#39;m pretty sure if another coworker had found the food unsuitable you&#39;d know it. Your eyes do participate in your appreciation of meal so if you don&#39;t like what you see, obviously that will influence you&#39;re judgement. I&#39;m Haitian and we are extremely picky eaters, I have an open mind but if my eyes don&#39;t like it, I won&#39;t touch it.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast