So we just had our office holiday potluck. I can not believe the things people eat. First of all our office always seems to forget about the people who don't eat meat. So of course the main dish was a ham. Where is the throw up smiley when you need it. Then everyone is supposed to bring a side. Can someone please explain to me why everything looked mushy or covered with some sort of liquid? Yuck. I brought egg nog from the store in a sealed container I really think that should be one of the rules if it isn't from the store sealed you can't bring it. Even then i wouldn't trust it from the store to the office from many of these people because it still needs to go in thier vehicle.

Let me give yall the run down:

ham - gross and full of fat; I do not eat just looking at it was sickening
steak and kidney pie - Are you serious? Now if someone in my family made this i would probably at least try it but some old guy from England made it from stratch..ewwwwwwwwwwwww not touching it.
dressing - looked like it was almost soup all clumped together and gross
green bean casserole - how appetizing is soggy green beans drenched in cream of mushroom sauce another ewwwwwwwwwwww
mac and cheese - why do they even try to make this stuff? noddles with velveta then baked until it is dried out
corn casserole - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww just nasty looking again corn drenched in some disgusting looking sauce and clumped together
snow peas - again nasty white sauce over top
meatballs - drenched in sweet and sour sauce
even dessert looked like a hot mess
some nasty peanut butter creme cake - who da hell wants to eat that?

What killed me though was everyone talking about how great everything was. I was like what da hell are they talking about? I ended up eating salad and I am starvvvvvvvvvvvvvvving. It's going to look real bad but i'm about to go out and get myself some lunch.

Are our tastebuds really that different? I never thought so but I am seriously going to have to re-evaluate.