Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

So we just had our office holiday potluck. I can not believe the things people eat. First of all our office always seems to forget about the people who don't eat meat. So of course the main dish was a ham. Where is the throw up smiley when you need it. Then everyone is supposed to bring a side. Can someone please explain to me why everything looked mushy or covered with some sort of liquid? Yuck. I brought egg nog from the store in a sealed container I really think that should be one of the rules if it isn't from the store sealed you can't bring it. Even then i wouldn't trust it from the store to the office from many of these people because it still needs to go in thier vehicle.

Let me give yall the run down:

ham - gross and full of fat; I do not eat just looking at it was sickening
    steak and kidney pie - Are you serious? Now if someone in my family made this i would probably at least try it but some old guy from England made it from stratch..ewwwwwwwwwwwww not touching it.
    dressing - looked like it was almost soup all clumped together and gross
    green bean casserole - how appetizing is soggy green beans drenched in cream of mushroom sauce another ewwwwwwwwwwww
    mac and cheese - why do they even try to make this stuff? noddles with velveta then baked until it is dried out
    corn casserole - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww just nasty looking again corn drenched in some disgusting looking sauce and clumped together
    snow peas - again nasty white sauce over top
    meatballs - drenched in sweet and sour sauce
    even dessert looked like a hot mess
    some nasty peanut butter creme cake - who da hell wants to eat that?

What killed me though was everyone talking about how great everything was. I was like what da hell are they talking about? I ended up eating salad and I am starvvvvvvvvvvvvvvving. It's going to look real bad but i'm about to go out and get myself some lunch.

Are our tastebuds really that different? I never thought so but I am seriously going to have to re-evaluate.
    http://public.fotki.com/sweetnikki6/

how deep does it go? so deep that some would rather by a nappy weave than expose their naps because there is no way that their hair could possibly be nicer than that weave.

I have been around since 05 baby!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me, you just sound picky

the meat balls in s&s sauce sounded decent to me as well as the PB creme cake. of course visuals makes a difference, however those 2 alone i wouldve been content with :dunno:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I feel you girl!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My rule with the pot lucks and everyone here at my job knows it...."just because you spend all day in your kitchen doesn't mean you really know how to cook..." i would rather them give me the money and i cook everything and they don't have a problem with that cause they know how i am and they have been to my house to see that i love my kitchen and myself so it's CLEAN..

I don't eat from everyone's house because people talk about cats being in the kitchen on counters and stuff....don't get me wrong, I love animals and I have a dog but she's not getting on a counter, not hanging around in the kitchen, and....that's nasty.
    public.fotki.com/nappyaka08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you just not like thangsgiving? :lol:

You should do like I do when we have potlucks at work and there are questionable people cooking. I make a dish and I eat my dish. If my closest work friend brings something, I'll have some of her dish, and she will have some of mine. That way we are participating and not neceassarily eating everyone's food at the same time.

"...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should do like I do when we have potlucks at work and there are questionable people cooking. I make a dish and I eat my dish. If my closest work friend brings something, I'll have some of her dish, and she will have some of mine. That way we are participating and not neceassarily eating everyone's food at the same time.

[/b]

:yes: Straight out of How To Survive a Potluck 101.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole holiday part of thanksgiving always has me thinking....but a while ago i just decided to celebrate being thankful for life vs the massacre. Especially since I loveeeeeeeeeeee eating at holidays but trust that food looked straight nasty. I tried to try some stuff....and what i tried was unedible....
    I tried the mac and cheese..i should have known better, i tried the dessert...i didn't think it was good so i couldn't understand the raving
    i am not really down with sauce all over my food so after that i pretty much had to stick with salad.

I think next year i am really going to have to suggest they just order some food from someplace because i can't go through this again.

Don't forget I had to pretend that i was eating the little bit that i took to try. just pushing it around my plate.

i should have took some pictures to show yall....this stuff didn't even look appetizing.
    http://public.fotki.com/sweetnikki6/

how deep does it go? so deep that some would rather by a nappy weave than expose their naps because there is no way that their hair could possibly be nicer than that weave.

I have been around since 05 baby!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    Yep. That's the way to do it. I definitely don't eat from anyone or anywhere.

Oasis is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have my face and stomach all turned up just thinking about it. :lol:

I would have been just like you. I hate looking at food that's covered in questionable sauces or just runny and nasty looking, so ain't no way I'm eating it. I'm not eating you're food unless you're family or I saw you prepare it. Otherwise, naw. :icon_headshake:

I probably would have tried some of that cake though.:ninj:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we just had our office holiday potluck. I can not believe the things people eat. First of all our office always seems to forget about the people who don't eat meat. So of course the main dish was a ham. Where is the throw up smiley when you need it. Then everyone is supposed to bring a side. Can someone please explain to me why everything looked mushy or covered with some sort of liquid? Yuck. I brought egg nog from the store in a sealed container I really think that should be one of the rules if it isn't from the store sealed you can't bring it. Even then i wouldn't trust it from the store to the office from many of these people because it still needs to go in thier vehicle.

Let me give yall the run down:

ham - gross and full of fat; I do not eat just looking at it was sickening
    steak and kidney pie - Are you serious? Now if someone in my family made this i would probably at least try it but some old guy from England made it from stratch..ewwwwwwwwwwwww not touching it.
    dressing - looked like it was almost soup all clumped together and gross
    green bean casserole - how appetizing is soggy green beans drenched in cream of mushroom sauce another ewwwwwwwwwwww
    mac and cheese - why do they even try to make this stuff? noddles with velveta then baked until it is dried out
    corn casserole - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww just nasty looking again corn drenched in some disgusting looking sauce and clumped together
    snow peas - again nasty white sauce over top
    meatballs - drenched in sweet and sour sauce
    even dessert looked like a hot mess
    some nasty peanut butter creme cake - who da hell wants to eat that?

What killed me though was everyone talking about how great everything was. I was like what da hell are they talking about? I ended up eating salad and I am starvvvvvvvvvvvvvvving. It's going to look real bad but i'm about to go out and get myself some lunch.

Are our tastebuds really that different? I never thought so but I am seriously going to have to re-evaluate.
    [/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I feel you girl!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My rule with the pot lucks and everyone here at my job knows it...."just because you spend all day in your kitchen doesn't mean you really know how to cook..." i would rather them give me the money and i cook everything and they don't have a problem with that cause they know how i am and they have been to my house to see that i love my kitchen and myself so it's CLEAN..

I don't eat from everyone's house because people talk about cats being in the kitchen on counters and stuff....don't get me wrong, I love animals and I have a dog but she's not getting on a counter, not hanging around in the kitchen, and....that's nasty.
    [/b]
    I can identify with most of this. As they say, different strokes... I'm vegan and so is one other person at work, so we only eat each others potluck entrees before others can get to them. It's funny, but our food is usually the first to be devoured. We never diss their eating habits (within earshot, that is), but they are constantly teasing us about our food choices. Go figure. It's all good natured, though. ^_^

@ bolded above -- not to mention cooks with runny, drippy noses, tasters who don't clean the spoons before sticking them back in the food, people who you've witnessed not washing their hands after using the toilet, and other things too numerous to mention. I suppose most, if not all, of these things can be applied to restaurants, too -- both vegan an traditional.
    Racial ignorance remains acceptable and economic imperialism over people of color is still the rule of the day.

ms_rite is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like a story a friend told me about her workplace. They take it in turns to bring cakes in on Fridays and there is one woman in the office nobody eats from...let's call her Mary.

Mary was seen leaving the bathroom without washing her hands and since then...whenever Mary brings a cake in no one eats it, and whenever someone else brings cakes into the office, everyone runs to get their slice before Mary and no one eat it after her... :lol:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast