User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamyb Guest

yeah, the smell of baby splash (cologne) has been on my mind recently and i want some dammit. only without the baby :-) hee hee

anyways, i've seen the huge bottles of baby splash at my local grocers but there are a bunch of ingredients in those things that i'm not sure of so...

if any one on here has some idea of how to recreate the baby splash smell without the blue or pink colored water i would greatly appreciate the information maybe it can be recreated with a variety of essential oils? hopefully.

thanks in advance

Dreamyb Guest

with the crickets in the back

that's so abstract

*chirp*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you have a bottle handy where you can see the ingredients - from knowing which fragrance they used you might be able to duplicate it or find it somewhere

Dreamyb Guest

yeah, i guess that would be the best thing to do, eh? ha ha

i will just go to the store and check out the ingredients and do a bit of research for similar scents.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm... ok this might be a dumb question, but at the risk of making myself sound like a hick, i'm a ask it anyway:

they have COLOGNE out... for BABIES??

*honeychild scratches her head, b/c babies - when not smelling of their own excrement, which is generally contained easily enough - smell like, the most beautiful soft pure delicious smell on the whole earth! why and for what purpose would someone make baby cologne? for whose benefit is this, the parents or the kid? or is it just, like, a lavender aromatherapy, put-the-kid-to-sleep-faster type of thing, and i'm over-reacting?

please let me know. i'm imagining all these FABULOUS babies toddling around wearing diaper thongs and feather boas, spritzing cologne on their little pulse points.

ok i'm going to bed.
    & that's all i have to say about that. ;)

13 consecutive nappy years: fro/locks/fro. i *heart* my hurr.

"Be good at what you do. And don't embarass your people"
    --Aaron McGruder

Dreamyb Guest

Originally posted by honeychild@Apr 21 2004, 01:40 AM
    uhm... ok this might be a dumb question, but at the risk of making myself sound like a hick, i'm a ask it anyway:

they have COLOGNE out... for BABIES??

*honeychild scratches her head, b/c babies - when not smelling of their own excrement, which is generally contained easily enough - smell like, the most beautiful soft pure delicious smell on the whole earth! why and for what purpose would someone make baby cologne? for whose benefit is this, the parents or the kid? or is it just, like, a lavender aromatherapy, put-the-kid-to-sleep-faster type of thing, and i'm over-reacting?

please let me know. i'm imagining all these FABULOUS babies toddling around wearing diaper thongs and feather boas, spritzing cologne on their little pulse points.

ok i'm going to bed.
    :lol

yeah ms. lady, they've had baby cologne since i was a baby it's like floral water with a kick if you will.

i remember kids at my daycare being doused in that stuff but i'm thinking it was for the parents comfort because honestly babies don't give a damn how they smell. i'm pretty sure of this.

um, the boas and feather thongs may be in the works now a days. you never know. ha.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please say you mean Love's Babt Soft from my teens.

Dreamyb Guest

Originally posted by Alken41100@Apr 21 2004, 09:09 AM
    Please say you mean Love's Babt Soft from my teens.
    aww naw, alken.

but love's was my scent in middle school :cow:

this is strange that no one is familiar with this. the baby smell goods are usually named things like violetas or some other spanish tinged name.
    ----------------------------------------
    okay, i did a search and i found one. here's a description of some items that fit the bill. just so y'all don't think i'm off. ha ha

http://www.cubanfoodmarket.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=40301

yay! these smells serve as a trip down memory lane for me
    ---------------------------------------------------

i think i'll just play with some rosewater and mix some eo's in there. i should be able to find a scent that's similar. if that doesn't work out i'll just buy it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamyb,
    Is this what you are talking about?

I have a book at home about how to make homemade fragrances. When I get off of work I will look up a few recipes for you.

Dreamyb Guest

Originally posted by AFashionSlave@Apr 21 2004, 04:15 PM
    Dreamyb,
    Is this what you are talking about?

I have a book at home about how to make homemade fragrances. When I get off of work I will look up a few recipes for you.
    yep ms. lady.

it looks like we both had the same idea when posting. heh.

thanks for looking out because i was about to drive around tampa looking for this stuff. it's that bad mayne.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast