Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I have been looking for a natural black hair community for the past few weeks and this seems to be the place for me. I have always wanted to go natural, but I was afraid I wouldn't know what to do with it and I always gave in after 2 months of new growth. I am not sure when was the last time I relaxed my hair, because honestly I would throw one in on the weekend like it was a conditioning treatment whenever my roots got to be too poofy. I would guess that my last chemical fire cream was in August or September, so around 3-4 months ago. BUT. . . last week I gave in and put a weak chemical fire cream on my roots to make it easier to comb. I know, I know :doh . That's why I need this community.

My hair has been relaxed since I was 9 (I am 26 now). I have very thick hair that has not grown past shoulder length since then. I have been chasing after the Euro standard of beauty, trying to find a wash-n-go style that worked for me. I finally came to the realization that no style or product worked because I was working against my hair and not with it. I AM NOT WHITE! Duh! My hair grows out of my head thick and kinky and I need to respect that and embrace it. I think I am finally ready for this. I am not ready to cut it all off yet, but hopefully, I can find support from other women who are transitioning.

I hope to get to know you all better in the coming months. Hopefully this time next year I will be 100% nappy

S

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Sharina,

Welcome! Isn't this a great place? I toyed with the idea of going natural and didn't for the same reason you mentioned. I found this and other natural hair sites and got the inspiration and information I needed to choose to return to my natural hair after more than 2 decades of chemicals.

Hello Sharina,

Welcome! Isn't this a great place?

I toyed with going natural and didn't for the same reason you mentioned. Then a few months ago I found this and other natural hair sites and got the inspiration and information I needed to let natural hair rule! And that's after more than 2 decades of chemicals and years of flaming hot tools of hair torture before that.

After almost 6 months, I'm still enjoying the journey and eager to see what's to come.

Hello Sharina,

Welcome! Isn't this a great place?

I toyed with going natural over the years and didn't for the same reason you mentioned. Then a few months ago I found this and other natural hair sites (and YouTube!) and got the inspiration and information I needed to let natural hair rule. This was after more than 2 decades of chemicals and years of flaming hot tools of hair torture before that.

Enjoy this very supportive community, as well as your hair journey.

Syrel

Syrel

Transitioned 6/28/08 - 4/27/09
    Unplanned Big Chop 4/27/09
    Enjoying the adventure!