Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girl, you are so right! Doctors don't know everything! I have to get into mixing my own grow oil. I still have one small stubborn spot that will not grow - but I know with perserverence I will see results.
    [/b]
    I checked out your fotki and I enjoyed seeing your progress in your hair loss-regrowth folder!!! Great Job!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am up for the challenge! I have hope that my hair will return, so count me in I started Biotin 2,500mcg about three weeks ago. I'm really hoping that this growth oil along with other healthy choices (i.e water intake, diet, vitimins, and less stress) will help me.
    [URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/31676293"]
    [/URL][COLOR=#993399][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am up for the challenge! I have hope that my hair will return, so count me in I started Biotin 2,500mcg about three weeks ago. I'm really hoping that this growth oil along with other healthy choices (i.e water intake, diet, vitimins, and less stress) will help me.
    [/b]
    Welcome and hop on in the battle: oils and erbs have beenused for centurals so I am inclined to believe that there's something to it. I am not knocking doctor's but it is getting very costly for me to keep up the injections. Thegas is going down but my rent, co-pay and other bills are going up. I will not give up to alopecia areata without a fight...
    IN GOD I TRUST

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome and hop on in the battle: oils and erbs have beenused for centurals so I am inclined to believe that there's something to it. I am not knocking doctor's but it is getting very costly for me to keep up the injections. Thegas is going down but my rent, co-pay and other bills are going up. I will not give up to alopecia areata without a fight...
    [/b]
    I had to stop my shots because the insurance changed it from a regular visit with treatment to an in office procedure and they considered it cosmetic so my copay went thru the roof. What a rip off.
    Last CFC: August 6, 2008
    Transitioned 3 mo & 14 days
    BC: 11/26/2008 about 1 1/4 long

[SIZE=3][i][b]NAPPY IS WHO I AM!! PRAISE THE LORD
    Be blessed but most of all be a blessing.[/b][/i][/SIZE]

[url="http://members.fotki.com/sheetaboo930/"]http://members.fotki.com/sheetaboo930/[/url]

Hair Growth Challenge: Featuring A Modified Version Of Moe's Growth Oil
    Weight Loss 2009, let's get our workout on...
    TWA Grow Out Challenge (Goal is 5 inches) - December 2008 - December 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first post on the site. I have found a tremendous amount of information, inspiration and love through reading through the various forums. I would also like to join in on this challenge, as I have recently suffered from a bout of alopecia areata, triggered I believe from an allergic reaction to a hair growth aid supplement. Previously my hair was severely damaged through getting my hair braided by "braiders" :angry: and of course through chemicals. I have already noticed considerable progress, with hair buds and stumble coming in several of the areas, my mother (with her own hair issues) believes my youth (I am 25) will also help, but i still have a battle ahead of me. I waged war on my thin and bald spots alone, now I am happy to join your ranks.

Regimen:
    2500 mg - Biotin (daily)
    Women's One day Essential (daily)
    Co-wash
    Multiple Daily massage w/ Spritz: Water, grapeseed oil, conditioner, 6 drops peppermint oil, 6 drops rosemary oil.
    Shampoo once a week with ORS uplifting shampoo (will be changed to a non SLS, perhaps Aubrey)
    Deep Condition - Once a week (leave on hair for 2hrs)
    Dr. Miracle Temple & Nape Balm - Twice a day
    Exercise 5X a week or more
    Water intake drastically increased

As a result of my hands always going in my hair, I had to put in a protective style. My mother gently and loosely put in kinky twists (I love them!) which I have had in since Thanksgiving. I spritz multiple times a day, use Dr. Miracle's 2x a day and twice a week take a rag and some conditioner and attempt to "clean my scalp".

I may have lost a few battles, but I will win the war.
    My Fotki: [url="http://public.fotki.com/Orakale0826/"]http://public.fotki.com/Orakale0826/[/url]
    "Black people are the only people in America with "political hair"" - My Nappy Roots

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I'm down.

I've been using Moe's Oil made with nettles, instead of horsetail.
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Orakale0826 and I pray you much success with your routine and products you will be using!

and Missladee622: How's your version of Moe's Growth Oil Working for you!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Missladee622: How's your version of Moe's Growth Oil Working for you!!!
    [/b]
    It's been working great. I've been using it for the last 6 or 7 months or so.
    My areas are filling in nicely. There is just one area that is troubling me, but I know it will come back in due time.
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found sage oil at GNC as well as grapeseed. Where have you ladies located the chamomile and horsetail? Also ... is there a benefit of using those carrier oils instead of jojoba or almond? I will make the mix tomorrow and add it to my daily regimen. I am fearful that oil may actually irritate my scalp - last time I called myself a mixologist anytime I put it on my scalp it became itchy. HumbledBlessedNappy are you partnered with someone for the TWA challenge already?

Lastly, for those who have experienced growth with this oil, was your spots completely bald or hair that was broken to just above the scalp?

Thanks
    My Fotki: [url="http://public.fotki.com/Orakale0826/"]http://public.fotki.com/Orakale0826/[/url]
    "Black people are the only people in America with "political hair"" - My Nappy Roots

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found sage oil at GNC as well as grapeseed. Where have you ladies located the chamomile and horsetail? Also ... is there a benefit of using those carrier oils instead of jojoba or almond? I will make the mix tomorrow and add it to my daily regimen. I am fearful that oil may actually irritate my scalp - last time I called myself a mixologist anytime I put it on my scalp it became itchy. HumbledBlessedNappy are you partnered with someone for the TWA challenge already?

Lastly, for those who have experienced growth with this oil, was your spots completely bald or hair that was broken to just above the scalp?

Thanks
    [/b]
    i found horsetail and chamomile online (where I do most of my shoping cuz I live in the country). Check with your local health food store if you cant find it there: I bought mine from vitscost.com or you can get it from Iherb.com. Grapeseed is the only carrier oil I am using because it is a little thicker than jojoba but not as thick as castor oil. Horsetail, chamomile and sage oils are all essential oils that are suppose to stimulate circulation and prevent bacteria build up. Check out my fotki file called the Alopecia Files...it shows the exact nature of my hair loss. I have seen hair regrowth on my right edge and the top is less ichy. It also sooth the tenderness that I was feeling. It has only been a week so Im gonna give it at least a month so I can do a comparison shot cuz you know the camera is not gonna add any more hair to my head than I have in reality.

You can be my partner...the more the merrier: it gives me great pleasure to encourage someone else because it takes focus off me!!! So Orakale0826 i would love to be your buddy if you are looking!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

My Fotki

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast