Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my products today and made my mix. I posted a pic for day 1 of challenge. The combination of oils produced an unusual aroma but it was not over whelming and it deminished in about 15 minutes. I would advise if you dont like the smell to waith at least 15 minutes before going out. I can actually see a difference in the pic I tool last saturday when I B/C.
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

andreah Guest

:P
    I want to join.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Andreah

God Bless You and I pray you much success. You can get the ingredients I have or can choose your others. My fotki give more pics and complete details of measurements. Also remember to massage the area in need of stimulation for at least two minutes with the balls of your fingers and do not use the nails. Also do a complete scalp massage.
    IN GOD I TRUST

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful with Dr's Miracle because you don't want to use anything with Mineral oil or Petrolium,
    This is my first post on the site. I have found a tremendous amount of information, inspiration and love through reading through the various forums. I would also like to join in on this challenge, as I have recently suffered from a bout of alopecia areata, triggered I believe from an allergic reaction to a hair growth aid supplement. Previously my hair was severely damaged through getting my hair braided by "braiders" :angry: and of course through chemicals. I have already noticed considerable progress, with hair buds and stumble coming in several of the areas, my mother (with her own hair issues) believes my youth (I am 25) will also help, but i still have a battle ahead of me. I waged war on my thin and bald spots alone, now I am happy to join your ranks.

Regimen:
    2500 mg - Biotin (daily)
    Women's One day Essential (daily)
    Co-wash
    Multiple Daily massage w/ Spritz: Water, grapeseed oil, conditioner, 6 drops peppermint oil, 6 drops rosemary oil.
    Shampoo once a week with ORS uplifting shampoo (will be changed to a non SLS, perhaps Aubrey)
    Deep Condition - Once a week (leave on hair for 2hrs)
    Dr. Miracle Temple & Nape Balm - Twice a day
    Exercise 5X a week or more
    Water intake drastically increased

As a result of my hands always going in my hair, I had to put in a protective style. My mother gently and loosely put in kinky twists (I love them!) which I have had in since Thanksgiving. I spritz multiple times a day, use Dr. Miracle's 2x a day and twice a week take a rag and some conditioner and attempt to "clean my scalp".

I may have lost a few battles, but I will win the war.
    [/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a coincidence! I just infused some olive oil (will infuse grapeseed oil next time) with sage, nettle, horsetail, dandelion, rosemary , and irish moss. I bought them (the herbs, not the oils) from Heritage Store in VaBch. I just filled an old glass jar with the herbs, covered them with olive oil (evoo), heated the mixture for a few hours, then let it sit in the jar for 3-4 days more. It came out a beautiful, rich green color. Pure and natural! I also added a few drops of rosemary and tea tree oils.

Anyway, I refuse to let this scarring alopecia take over my life too! The shots don't seem to be working well but I'm not going down without a fight! I haven't worked out a regimen yet but I've been massaging my scalp with the oil and adding it to just about anything I put on my hair. Here's my daily routine:

5000 mcg Biotin (I only take it 2x a week, breaks me out otherwise)

2000 mg MSM

3000mg Evening Primrose

Multivitamin (Walmart brand)

Extra iron

I used to cowash almost everyday but I'm not going to do that anymore. Now I think I'll just co-wash 2-3 times per week or less but I will DC every week. I also love henna and used to henna 2x per month but will now henna once a month.

I believe I'll use my Abba and MillCreek products for my poo and conditoner. I also like Suave so I'll prob throw that in the rotation too. I just need to begin working out again because I noticed a lot of new growth when I did. I think that's a very important step in fighting this.

What my hair loves:
    Mill Creek Botanicals, esp their Biotin line
    Abba Moisture Scentsation (discontinued, change of design, yeah right!)
    ORS Creamy Aloe poo (to clarify)
    Henna, amla
    Oils (various)
    Honey (just discovered this)

My hair does not like:
    Vatika oil! Makes my hair break off - snap! crackle! POP!
    <strike>Shea butter, unrefined, still in the nut, doesn't matter! Ugh!
    </strike>---I've found that my hair (and my body) loves shea when I mix it with coconut oil! Hey, I wasn't going to let all that shea butter go to waste! LOL

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to join. I&#39;m tired of doing the BC because of these spots. I will get long even hair once and for all. I hope Santa gives me the materials I need so that I can start the new year off strong.
    ALBUM Updates: 09/7/10. PM me for pw. link in profile.**** :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen, DesertAngel...I need to incorporate exercise in my routine as well...I need an exercise partner or I will slip back into laziness. You know what i an gonna start out walking (brisk) and then go from there and build myself up.

Welcome Naapyfull and your name saids a mouthfull. I want my hairs that God numbered on my hair to grow back. I am not greedy and dont want God to miraculously put more than I had when I was born. I am praying to be restored to my original crown of glory...let my know how your routine and products work.

BTW: I also have cut back on co-washing because I did not want to wash the oils out every day and noticed my scalp getting really tight. I mma co wash 2x weekly and wash and deep condish on saturdays (my free day). Please Join on in and be encouraged my sister!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can&#39;t wait to get started. I am going to the health store to purchase my oils this week.

My routine:
    2500 Biotin
    Prenatel vit
    Co-wash 2x a week (sometimes only 1x)
    DC 1x a week (just started)

I need to incorporate excercise as well.
    [URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/31676293"]
    [/URL][COLOR=#993399][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of moisturizer are you guys using before you apply the growth oil? Or is the oil the only thing that goes on your scalp?
    My Fotki: [url="http://public.fotki.com/Orakale0826/"]http://public.fotki.com/Orakale0826/[/url]
    "Black people are the only people in America with "political hair"" - My Nappy Roots

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I&#39;m doing, Orakale0826, is moisturizing my hair with Abba Nourishing or Sally&#39;s GVP line of whatever I have. I also started drinking nettle or sage tea and I&#39;ll use some of the tea to spritz my hair then apply the oil.

HTH
    What my hair loves:
    Mill Creek Botanicals, esp their Biotin line
    Abba Moisture Scentsation (discontinued, change of design, yeah right!)
    ORS Creamy Aloe poo (to clarify)
    Henna, amla
    Oils (various)
    Honey (just discovered this)

My hair does not like:
    Vatika oil! Makes my hair break off - snap! crackle! POP!
    <strike>Shea butter, unrefined, still in the nut, doesn't matter! Ugh!
    </strike>---I've found that my hair (and my body) loves shea when I mix it with coconut oil! Hey, I wasn't going to let all that shea butter go to waste! LOL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast