Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely joining this challenge! I am in my 3rd transitioning month and have 9 more months to go. I am experiencing hair thinning due to braids that were put in too tight. I am on my way to Whole Foods today because thinning and hair loss will not win this battle!! I will post my regimen and progress in a few weeks!! Good luck to all of us!!
    [SIZE=2][b]"[color=#993399][i]To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment[/i][/color]."[/b][/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats and welcome lovestar823. Post your regime and happy growing. I am having a blast with my last formula. The headaches have stopped and I am doing daily massages. My mixed smelled so good when I added the rosemary, cedarwood and lavender. I added more lavender because both cedarwood and rosemary are kinda strong and smell alittle like tree bark....I know I know I know CEDARWOOD. I can hardly wait to post pics on 1/31/09.

Happy growing everyone!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cedarwood. I've added a bit of this to a few of my poos. Tonight I also rinsed with molasses for the first time. I'm still trying to find what my hair likes. It left my hair soft so I'll try it again in a few days to see what happens.

I also opened a Fotki but it is sooo time consuming! I have a Myspace that I haven't been to in about a year. I'm just too busy to commit to things like Fotki and Myspace but I'm going to try to use Fotki. I'd like to have a pictorial trail of my progress or regression...

I also washed with my Abba Moisture Scentsation and conditioned with the same, then did the molasses rinse. I wonder if I could add molasses to my herbal rinse? I'm really liking all this experimentation and just wish I had done this years ago!

Hope everyone is having a hhd!
    What my hair loves:
    Mill Creek Botanicals, esp their Biotin line
    Abba Moisture Scentsation (discontinued, change of design, yeah right!)
    ORS Creamy Aloe poo (to clarify)
    Henna, amla
    Oils (various)
    Honey (just discovered this)

My hair does not like:
    Vatika oil! Makes my hair break off - snap! crackle! POP!
    <strike>Shea butter, unrefined, still in the nut, doesn't matter! Ugh!
    </strike>---I've found that my hair (and my body) loves shea when I mix it with coconut oil! Hey, I wasn't going to let all that shea butter go to waste! LOL

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest batch of growth oil is almost gone. I finally have a handle on the breakage that was driving me bananas. After using the Aphogee and seeing great results, I wanted to try something more moisturizing and decided to try Pantene&#39;s Breakage Defense. Great product that is now in my arsenal (I have 4 jars, it&#39;s that good). I&#39;ve also added AO&#39;s Sea Buckthorn Curl Activator. Such a small bottle for a hefty price but it&#39;s a good product. I&#39;m looking for a replacement though...price too steep for so little.

I wanted to stay with natural products but none seemed to stop my breakage. I&#39;m learning that just because something is natural doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s better for a specific purpose. I will now use what works. Cones or no cones. I believe that I&#39;ll soon have my staples and won&#39;t have to waste so much money experimenting with different products.

I hennaed today, DCed with Pantene, then rinsed with marshmallow tea. Sprayed some AO on my hair and sealed with Profectiv&#39;s Healthy Ends. My hair feels so smooth and strong. I can run my hand across my hair and not see little pieces rain down. I&#39;m happy. My bald spots appear to be filling in. I did take pictures but they don&#39;t look so clear. I don&#39;t know if my shots are finally working or if it&#39;s something I&#39;m doing. To tell the truth, as long as my hair isn&#39;t breaking or disappearing, I&#39;m happy.

I&#39;ll make a new batch of infused oil soon. I really like infusing oils and think I&#39;ll use grapeseed again (great value) with marshmallow, dandelion, and burdock. The possibilities are endless. I want to infuse jojoba or almond but, whew, the prices are ridiculous and momma can&#39;t afford today what she took for granted yesterday.

So, how&#39;s everyone else? :P
    What my hair loves:
    Henna, amla
    Oils (various)

My hair does not like:
    </strike>---I've found that my hair (and my body) loves shea when I mix it with coconut oil! Hey, I wasn't going to let all that shea butter go to waste! LOL

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my little sister is 14 and has alopecia. it has been an on going fight for two year. when ever she even grows some hair it falls right back out. She wears wigs 24-7. because she doesn&#39;t want to get teased. If i try to help her with the growth oils. will she still have to take her meds and use the shampoo? can she still wear her wig.

I really want her to get her own hair back. and maybe keep it natural, Shes a fan of my hair be not her own. I&#39;m still working on that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, that1girl! Yes, your sister will still have to take her meds even if she uses the natural oils. The combo of both may be very good for her.

Also, I have a great spot for your sister to try. It&#39;s here, http://www.alopeciaworld.com/. They have a teenage group that is very supportive. The whole site is very supportive and I&#39;m sure she&#39;ll make lots of friends and not feel as if she&#39;s alone.

HTH
    What my hair loves:
    Henna, amla
    Oils (various)

My hair does not like:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you much! i&#39;ll myspace her the link. and as soon as i get some extra money i&#39;ll send her some oils, and get some for myself

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning, ladies (and gents )!

Well, it&#39;s been almost one month and I&#39;m just giving an update. I&#39;ve been working out 5-6 days a week with Leslie Sansone and Tony Little (Leslie on cable&#39;s freezone, Tony from a tape I found at a thrift shop). Every morning I drink 1-2 tbsp of black strap molasses (unsulphured) and a touch of acv in warm water. Some mornings I take one of my DH&#39;s Met RX protein drinks and let me tell you, my energy level is all good!

What has this done for my hair? Ummm, I&#39;m not sure. :lol: But I feel great! I do have lots and LOTS of 1/4 inch grey hairs all over and my breakage in minimal. It&#39;s funny because even my hennaed hair has grey roots! I started greying when I was 24 so this is nothing new to me. That belief about molasses and grey hair is naught in my book but I believe mine is hereditary anyway. From what I can feel and see, my spots aren&#39;t getting wider. It seems as though my hair is getting a little thicker. 1/4 per month seems to be my growth rate if breakage doesn&#39;t take it all back. I am taking pictures and waiting for any real progress before I post them to my bare Fotki. Many people say that patience is a must and I visit Fotkis of women who&#39;ve had twa&#39;s but are now sl or bsl and I expect to see that kind of progress for myself in like a month! Patience. It&#39;s taken some of them 2 years to reach that length and they aren&#39;t battling alopecia and I expect that for myself! I&#39;m learning to accept that I am me.

No matter what length I reach, I have been forced to live a much healthier lifestlye (modified because I still love my Johnny and red wine :blush: ) and I feel so good! I&#39;ve learned to be very picky about what products I buy for my family, too and if nothing else, this makes me proud. I&#39;m not settling for garbage anymore. If I can just keep breakage to a minimum and get this spot to fill in some more... I have these tiny doodie braids of different lengths all over my head and I know it&#39;s comical. Help me if the wind blows my wig off! :lol:

Hope you all are doing well!

HHG

What my hair loves:
    Henna, amla
    Oils (various)

My hair does not like:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ladies...I&#39;ve still been using my Growth oil and taking my vitamins and I have a follow up with my derm today.
    I can see for myself that I&#39;m having some growth, I&#39;m curious to see the comparision pics.
    I still have an area that&#39;s not really growing, but that&#39;s okay because I&#39;m fortunate for the hair that I do have.

Happy growing ya&#39;ll!
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Missladee622 and all those who have seen improvement. I have seen improvement as well and have pics in my fotki and also I will post new pics on my 3 month anniversary on 3/7/09. I am a part of the 2009 TWA grow out challenge and have pics posted on that site as well.
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast