Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen, if any.

This is my first post here on this site.

Every last one of you ladies are so brave to post your pictures. All of you have BEE U TEE FULL hair!

I once had a head full, actually like, 3 months ago. Now I have lost over half of my hair (very thin & shorter than usual). I was proud of my Natural after growing it for 7 years.

I actually started going natural as a result of an illness. Ironically, I was sick but my hair & nails never failed me! They were stronger than I.

Now, it's all gone. As soon as I can get a picture (without my face), I will post a Before and After/Now.

I am looking for encouragement and strength, tips and advice.

I am going to join your Challenge. I have read several different recipes and would like to order the oils online because I live in the country.

What sites are recommended to order from?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen Sisters That's why they call it a Medical PRACTICE ... because they are just practicing. This is what I have learned after I changed Docs and consulted with my beautician. If you are on any kind of High Blood Pressure medication it affects your hair growth. If you have an Iron deficiency or Anemic it affects your hair. Iron keeps oxygen in your blood there for in your hair. Biotin helps hair growth as well.

So I am on an iron supplement but I am eating more foods rich in iron and B12 because it helps the iron to breakdown and distribute. You can buy biotin pills or research foods rich in biotin. Drink lots of water. Keep stress to the minimum.

Remember that how you emotionally feel can affect the physical.
    [/b]

OMG! I had no idea my high blood pressure and my anemia could be one of the reasons why my hair won't grow. I used to wear my braids super tight and I've trying to get my hairline to grow back in. It's frustrating because all I seem to get is fuzz and in some places it's just plain bald. I was just talking to a friend about going to a doctor to get the steroid shots, but I'm going to hold off on that and see if taking supplements will help first.
    Thank you for posting this!

be blessed,
    c.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Hope I am not too late to the challenge.

I have bald spots in the center/crown area. I have been transitioning since Dec. My last chemical fire cream, which was beyond damaging to the lower section of my hair was in Sept. Since Dec. I have been cutting the relaxed hair from my lower section to even up with the damage. This evening, after three months of helathy fast growth to the section where the relaxed hair broke . . I decided to chop of the relaxed hair on the lower half section of my hair.

I need the relaxed hair on the upper half (above the thinning) to cover the bald spot. My "bangs" area is 80% natural. Will be wearing my hair curly.

The "spot" on my neck is slowly filling in. I am not even concerned about my temples. I can see baby fine hair coming in. The spots behind my ears, slowly, but surely will be back. Its the spot in the center I am most concerned about. I am losing hope.

Here is my routine, starting today.
    Vitamins: Biotin and Vit. C

Hair Care:
    Shampoo once a month (w/ Rosemary and Tea Tree Oils)
    ACV Rinse w/ Co-Wash 2x a week Followed by Tea Tree & Rosemary Scalp Oil)
    Deep Conditioning & Hair moisturizer - Coconut Oil once a week
    Scalp Oil at night on non-wash days - (Rosemary and Peppermint)

Lifestyle:
    Lots of water
    Good Fats
    Foods rich in iron, vit. c and vit b.
    Herbal Teas
    No Alcohol and Coffee (will use rest of coffee to color my hair, lol)
    Exercise
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/BlueWildflower/my-hair-journey/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone I have been out of commission for a while because I recent got married Feb 14 and started a new job and whew living life...but I am back now. I am happy for all those who have joined the challenge and welcome all to create your own portion and change it up as often as you like. i have not seen much results in about a month or so and have stop using my portion because I had surgury on my ears 3 weeks ago and could not wash my hair until it healed. I am using suave humectant shampoo and conditioner and use a leave in of glycerin, water and a tad bit of suave humectant conditioner for fragrance. I may resume my regime after my ear heals. I didnt want the oils and sulfur to affect my healing process. i could not get the injections anymore because it would slow done the healing process of my ears...soooo my alopecia regrowth has been on hold but my keloids on my ears have been removed and I am grateful for that!!!

BTW: Welcome Blue_Wildfire andd No Maam your are not too late!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBN, congratulations on your marriage!
    BECOME PANK!! ยก Gif-n-go

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBN, Thanks and congrats on your marriage.

I am definitely ready for this challenge. I made a batch of scalp oil today using Safflower Oil as the carrier. 40 drops of Rosemary, 16 drops of Lavendar and 8 drops of Peppermint (I love the cooling affect) for every half cup of carrier oil. My scalp has "calmed" down a lot since I started using this combo. No more large flakes of skin and dried tiny white patches.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBN, congratulations on your marriage!
    [/b]
    Thank Yo very Much!!!

HBN, Thanks and congrats on your marriage.

I am definitely ready for this challenge. I made a batch of scalp oil today using Safflower Oil as the carrier. 40 drops of Rosemary, 16 drops of Lavendar and 8 drops of Peppermint (I love the cooling affect) for every half cup of carrier oil. My scalp has "calmed" down a lot since I started using this combo. No more large flakes of skin and dried tiny white patches.
    [/b]
    Congrats on your positive results and I am gonna have to research Safflower Oil...Ive never heard of it. I am all for increasing my knowledge base. And Again...Welcome and much future success!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome and hop on in the battle: oils and erbs have beenused for centurals so I am inclined to believe that there's something to it. I am not knocking doctor's but it is getting very costly for me to keep up the injections. Thegas is going down but my rent, co-pay and other bills are going up. I will not give up to alopecia areata without a fight...
    [/b]

Your hair is looking great.
    I DESERVE IT!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I washed my hair last night.

For the 1st time, since I can remember, I did not have shedding while washing my hair. When I put in the conditioner (I left it in, won't do that again. Relaxed ends do not take too well to that method), I noticed little hairs slicked back on my temples and sides. I thought the hair was coming back, but now I am positive. I said to myself, okay. We will see what happens when I comb it. There was some hair in my wide tooth comb, but nothing like before. AND I didn't come it for days. When I rolled my hair, I didn't have hair coming out in my hands either.

I took out my rollers this morning, there wasn't any hair on the rollers.

Its only been two weeks since I've been actively using my essential oils and eating better. I know I have a long way to go, but this is promising.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i found horsetail and chamomile online (where I do most of my shoping cuz I live in the country). Check with your local health food store if you cant find it there: I bought mine from vitscost.com or you can get it from Iherb.com. Grapeseed is the only carrier oil I am using because it is a little thicker than jojoba but not as thick as castor oil. Horsetail, chamomile and sage oils are all essential oils that are suppose to stimulate circulation and prevent bacteria build up. Check out my fotki file called the Alopecia Files...it shows the exact nature of my hair loss. I have seen hair regrowth on my right edge and the top is less ichy. It also sooth the tenderness that I was feeling. It has only been a week so Im gonna give it at least a month so I can do a comparison shot cuz you know the camera is not gonna add any more hair to my head than I have in reality.

You can be my partner...the more the merrier: it gives me great pleasure to encourage someone else because it takes focus off me!!! So Orakale0826 i would love to be your buddy if you are looking!!!
    [/b]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast