100cacao is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to send some encouragement you guys way!

My super sexy honey had 3 thinning spots on his young head (yes he is young and naturally concerned about hair loss at his age). I made him the growth oil (grapeseed oil as a base because it is skin friendly to those who may be blemish prone) with the added essential oils- ylang ylang, rosemary, and sage. One of his thin spots has very noticeably thickened and the other two are making good progress. Today he said he made a comment to one of his relatives that the oil I made was really helping him and the relative requested some for another family member.

He has been using the oil for about 2 months now so please stay encouraged.

I've also started using the oil to accelerate my own growth, because I'm not a big fan of short hair on me.

Take care and take heart ladies! :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My super sexy honey had 3 thinning spots on his young head (yes he is young and naturally concerned about hair loss at his age). I made him the growth oil (grapeseed oil as a base because it is skin friendly to those who may be blemish prone) with the added essential oils- ylang ylang, rosemary, and sage. One of his thin spots has very noticeably thickened and the other two are making good progress. Today he said he made a comment to one of his relatives that the oil I made was really helping him and the relative requested some for another family member.

I've also started using the oil to accelerate my own growth, because I'm not a big fan of short hair on me.

[/b]
    That's very encouraging to hear.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/BlueWildflower/my-hair-journey/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    Thanks for sharing this. It is very encouraging. Hang in there people.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I washed my hair last night.

For the 1st time, since I can remember, I did not have shedding while washing my hair. When I put in the conditioner (I left it in, won't do that again. Relaxed ends do not take too well to that method), I noticed little hairs slicked back on my temples and sides. I thought the hair was coming back, but now I am positive. I said to myself, okay. We will see what happens when I comb it. There was some hair in my wide tooth comb, but nothing like before. AND I didn't come it for days. When I rolled my hair, I didn't have hair coming out in my hands either.

I took out my rollers this morning, there wasn't any hair on the rollers.

Its only been two weeks since I've been actively using my essential oils and eating better. I know I have a long way to go, but this is promising.
    [/b]
    Congrats onthe progress and keep up the good work!!!
    Im gonna post my 5 month post b/c pic on my fotki on May 7, 2009 so I want you all to tell me what you think...Happy growing!!!
    IN GOD I TRUST

TWA Grow-out Challenge 2009 ( December 31, 2008 - December 30, 2009)
    Our Journey Page Created by Natural Reign: 2009 TWA Growout Challenge Forum

100% Napptural Since July 31,2008
    Hopefully LAST B/C on December 6, 2008 (Horrible Trim Experience)

My Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats onthe progress and keep up the good work!!!
    Im gonna post my 5 month post b/c pic on my fotki on May 7, 2009 so I want you all to tell me what you think...Happy growing!!!
    [/b]
    Thanks. Happy Growing to you too. I look forward to the pics. The women on this site have been an inspiration.

I took my "initial" pics last week. They are in a locked album now. I will take the 1mo. pic Memorial Day Weekend an release them for viewing. I believe I will see a change. I am just happy the shedding has stopped.

I am feeling a little down because I want to do a big chop and wear cool hairstyles. I cannot. I have to hold on to the relaxed hair above my crown for coverage. I am upset I let the damage get that bad. I chopped off the relaxed hair below the damage area. I cannot believe how soft and healthy my new growth feels. It will be a minimum of 9 - 12 months before I can cut it off. I
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/BlueWildflower/my-hair-journey/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone

I'm new to nappturality.com

I am transitioning and have been for alittle over 5 months. I have suffered from balds spots when I was younger from not taking care of my hair and now that I am older I am suffering agian. I didnt notice before until a months ago before deciding to go natural and now that I am going natural my hair is starting to fill in, in that area but I need to get my hair in better health.

I have tried transitioning before when I was in the end of my high school year but that didnt work out cause I was stressed and at school I was the only person I knew of going natural and I didnt know about the different prodcuts and resources then. So I decided to relax again because I was being talked about and I didnt know how to take care of my hair then.

Well I will post my regimine later.

I look forward to getting as much advice from you guys as possible.

Thanks Mya xx.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Now I'm in it for the long haul.
    I have noticed that straightening my hair with lye or no lye fire cream will make my hair come out and I will get a bald spot.I have finally learned my lesson finally!

Mya xx.

Drea17 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Now I'm in it for the long haul.
    I have noticed that straightening my hair with lye or no lye fire cream will make my hair come out and I will get a bald spot.I have finally learned my lesson finally!

Mya xx.
    [/b]
    Hey mya congrats, how did you find nappturality.com?
    All natural as of Febuary 27,2009
    Current length: CBL
    Short term goal: APL
    Long term goal: Is to reach BSL or MBL.
    www .fotki.com/andrea-d-creole(updated) 12/19/09

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hair Growth Challenge: Featuring A Modified Version Of Moe's Growth Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Twixxy View Post
    I was searching for Moe's Growth Oil recipe and at the bottom of the list in her fotki was a list of herd and oils that are supposed to be beneficial for hair loss. I decided to dedicate the next year, since I am also on the TWA Grow out Challenge, to trying a new Modified growth oil challenge. Starting December 31, 2008 this will be my routine and products:

RULE of THUMB: Use 3 to 5 drops of Essental oil per 1 teaspoon of Carrier Oil.

Items Purchased:
    African Shea Butter
    Aloe vera Gel
    Sublimed Sulfur
    16 oz Grapeseed Oil
    .5 oz Chamomole Oil
    .5 oz Sage Oil
    1 oz Horsetail Oil

My Mix measurements:

I am mixing 5 oz of Carrier (grape seed).
    20 drops x 5 oz = 100 drops total of Essential oils
    50 drops Horsetail, 25 drops sage, 25 drops chamomile
    1 teaspoon of Sublimed Sulfur
    1/2 oz Aloe Vera Gel
    2 oz African Shea Butter

Mix together with blender or spoon and store in 2-4oz plastic containers with lids and stored in bathroom medicine cabinet.

Current Routine:

Daily: Take 1 Biotin 5000 mcg

Co-Wash Daily with Suave Professional's Humectant Conditionerand then apply homemade growth oil. Spritz hair with homemade mix of 7 1/2 oz water and 2-tablespoons of Suave Humectant Conditioner in an 8-oz bottle, reapply shea butter growth oil and then sleep on satin pillow or wear satin bonnet before going to bed.

Saturdays: Wash with Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Kiwi and Citris Shampoo. Followed by deep conditioning with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol. Leave Conditioner on overnight, rinse out and then Apply Homemade growth oil.

I am not Gonna settle on keeping this thin area and alopecia spot without a fight: If you wanna join this challenge: Put your war clothes on and lets go to battle!!!
    does anyone recommend taking anything more than Biotin?
    Palm Rolling... 125 locs... Nature's Protein Gelee

Naturals Salon & Spa... http://gotlocsva.com/

http://www.afropedea.org/pics

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678