Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your BC! How often you wash your hair is an individual thing. I usually wash mine 1-2x/week. But I also re-wet my hair and add conditioner every few days too, to prevent my hair from becoming too dry and tangly.
    [color=#6600CC]2 years natural[/color][b]
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/semora/"]My Hair Journey[/url] updated 12/27/08
    [/b]Stopped relaxing 2/2005; Cut relaxed ends off on 7/18/2006

Temporarily in NC; heading back to NYC asap
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I BC'd in august and was washing once or twice a week. I finally went to a salon last week and the stylist almost had a heart attack when I told her that because her advice is that I should only be washing every 4 to 6 weeks, (which is a little ridiculous for me because I'm a full time runner and i work out 6 days a week). So I think I'm going to compromise and wash every 2 or 3 weeks. Hope this helps!
    'Your silence will not protect you'
    -the original warrior poet

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only wash once a month with shampoo.... I co wash anywhere from 4 to 7 times a week... depends on my mood & level of activity

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I had a TWA, I used to conditioner wash my hair every day or every other day and wash with shampoo on the weekends. Now, I just shampoo/condition once a week. When the weather is hotter, I may cowash once or twice a week, too.
    [/b]
    I did the same thing.
    Now that my hair is longer, I wash my hair once a week and I will occasionally co-wash in between.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats on your BC! ITA it's more so your hair specifically than hair types. i noticed the mroe often i wash my hair (with shampoo or with conditioner) the happier my hair and scalp is! It's going to be a lot of trial and error. but thats the fun part of the journey!
    2nd Nappiversary October 30, 2009! Check out my fotki! Updated 3/5/10! Enjoy! No pw!
    Username: QueenVictoria

Hit up my twitter! Username: THEVictoriaMack

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this question is fir those long napps who co-wash often...do u ever co wash in braids/twists or do think its better to do this open?

my main concern is time...plus i usually wear protective styles n i dont want to mess with my hair too much - it needs a time out :unsure:
    ~In the pursuit of Nappyness i've given up lyes!

http://journeystartshair.blogspot.com/
    http://members.fotki.com/teneilkw/about/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! I have a TWA and I wash 1x a week/ Co-wash 2x a week. My hair cannot take cowashing everyday. Hope this helps.
    [URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/31676293"]
    [/URL][COLOR=#993399][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this question is fir those long napps who co-wash often...do u ever co wash in braids/twists or do think its better to do this open?

my main concern is time...plus i usually wear protective styles n i dont want to mess with my hair too much - it needs a time out :unsure:
    [/b]
    well, iono if im considered long....im a bit past APL so i suppose....*shrugs* but i co-wash or wash my hair loose. a lot of women with my hair type do it in braids and detangle but like i said previously, you should go more on how your own hair reacts to things other than the bunch because I've tried the braids thing and my hair not only wasnt that clean, but it took way too long for my taste! plus, my hair doesnt tangle that bad in water.
    2nd Nappiversary October 30, 2009! Check out my fotki! Updated 3/5/10! Enjoy! No pw!
    Username: QueenVictoria

Hit up my twitter! Username: THEVictoriaMack

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CONGRATS ON YOUR BC!

so how often do u wash ur hair? Every 2-3 weeks.

and how often should i wash my hair? Every 2-3 weeks.

does it depend on your texture? No
    My Travel Blog | October 2007 Napptural of the Month (still looking for the link)

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."
    ~Rita Mae Brown, Venus Envy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your BC! I think you need to experiment. Right now I wash once a week b/c my hair is mainly in protective styles (like two protective styles-braids and twists) but I'm going to start doing a co-wash in the middle of the week and see if my hair likes it. The last two months I decided to wash every two weeks and my hair did not like it one bit. So I think you need to experiment with different time lengths and products to see what your hair likes and what's good for your lifestyle at the moment. I remember being in high school and hardly ever having time to do my hair so that should come into consideration as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast