Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone!!

My name is Gigi, and I am brand spankin new to this site. I've been debating for a few months about going natural. Im to the point where I'm kinda fed up with my relaxed hair--I don't take care of it as I should, and I don't want to end up bald. So here I am...

But Im stuck and a little weary about the whole process. I don't know how to start, and I don't know of any products I can use (shampoos, conditioners, etc.) to help me in my journey, so I haven't really started. My hair is a little nappy now b/c I haven't permed, but that's it :-)

So can anyone offer any pointers? I hear that the transition from relaxed to natural can be done without cutting off all of my hair, so I would like to go that route, but if not, any and all advice is welcomed
    Last CFC~ 11/2008
    BC~4/6/2009
    On the journey to loving my beautiful hair!

http://members.fotki.com/-MsJoseph-/

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1385/...ary/ticker.png

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP! The best place to start is here The Newbie Manual. There is also some great advice in the Transitioners Discussion forum about different styles you can wear while transitioning from the chemical fire cream. Good luck on your journey and have fun!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ What she said, You might decide to transition over years or months, you might even change your mind and chop all the chemical fire cream hair off... whatever you decide NP is here. Search , research , and read! Its all here

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Gigi! This is a great place to learn, and there is always lots of support. You'll be glad you joined!

Peace,
    Syrel
    Syrel

Transitioned 6/28/08 - 4/27/09
    Unplanned Big Chop 4/27/09
    Enjoying the adventure!