Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all. I have been transitioning for almost three months now with a considerable amount of new growth. I have already begun to chop off a few permed strands just in the back of my head. My question is after I get done washing my hair, would it be ok to blow dry it on medium/low? I have been air drying so far but I feel as if the new growth can't move; it's just sticking to my head. I can no longer comb through my hair because I'm sure you all know it's due to the thickness of the new growth. I just feel like it needs to be stretched out or something so is it safe to blow dry it or just continue with air drying?

afthom is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does your blow dryer have a "Cool" setting? That would dry it without burning it. Also, how are you styling it? Do you really need to blow dry it straight?
    Ok so I have a broke down fotki -- http://members.fotki.com/AFaye/

monili is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you trying to style your hair? Almost anything that you do to stretch out the natural hair, other than rollersets, can potentially damage it. You can do a rollerset under a hood dryer if you want a more stretched out texture. Otherwise, it's easier to blend the two textures by making the straight hair curlier with braidouts, twistouts, straw sets, etc. There's a thread hair called 101 transitioning styles or something like that that will offer tons of ideas on how to transition your hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you trying to style your hair? Almost anything that you do to stretch out the natural hair, other than rollersets, can potentially damage it. You can do a rollerset under a hood dryer if you want a more stretched out texture. Otherwise, it's easier to blend the two textures by making the straight hair curlier with braidouts, twistouts, straw sets, etc. There's a thread hair called 101 transitioning styles or something like that that will offer tons of ideas on how to transition your hair.
    [/b]
    I have done a few braid/twists outs and I use the curlers for shirley temple curls on the permed hair every once in a while. I guess I just want a fuller look or something because my permed hair is thin and lacks volume and fullness. After seeing and touching my new growth, I am just about ready to chop off the rest of the perm. I will be turning 25 next month and I plan to take some birthday pictures, so I'll just wait and continue to grow my hair out, but right after I turn 25, I'm choppin' off! I will try a rollerset and visit that thread. Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best not to blow dry your hair at all cool setting or not. Topic closed.