Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, as I like to say: Welcome to the f***-you forties.

Another saying that comes to mind:
    I don't give a sh**
    I don't take any sh**
    I'm not in the sh** business
    [/b]
    These sum up my 40 view very nicely. Welcome to the Fab 40's for all you new arrivals. Embrace this time. It's amazing.

NapturalAndPowerfulSistah - N.A.P.S.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning 40 was one the best things that eva happened to me. About 6 months before turning 40 I could feel "something" coming and I knew that it was a good thing. I have always been an "old soul" and a late "bloomer" but turning 40 gave me a boldness, a fierceness, that I had never "exercised" or acted on before. I BLOOMED! It was if a fog was lifted, and I could see and hear for the first time. My self confidence soared. I stop feeding into other peoples mess. I learned how to love from a distance. I stopped sweating the small stuff and was happy to find out that 99.999% of it WAS small stuff.

Things, people, and places that use to bother and worry me, didn't anymore. I learn to let go and let God. After having done all that I could do, I learned how to stand. I learned how hold on to MY peace. When people would ask "how are you" I could say "JUST FINE" and really mean it, instead of saying it out of habit.

I began to speak MY MIND. I began to stand up for myself. If folks don't start no S-H, then then there won't be no I-T. I learn to set and enforce my boundaries. I realize that God had given me a spirit of self-preservation, and I began to use it. I had to let people know that when it came to certain things...the sweet chariot didn't swiiiiing that low.

My discernment increased tenfold. It may sound crazy, and I could go on and on,...it's hard to explain and understand unless you have been there. :wub:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12