Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont lose my job.... Im wearing my scarf.... as long as I dont wear any offensive clothing, anything showing midriff, anything dirty or unkempt, they can KMA...

again, I wont lose my job.... I just found it funny that the memo came across my email as I was reading NP online from the computer that we also arent suppose access the internet for personal use

Its not about race in the least... we were also told we couldnt wear shorts... and though it was 28 degrees this morning, 2 white guys came to work in shorts & flip flops... the FLIP FLOPS can be considered dangerous, otherwise, they aint no more worried than I am....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont lose my job.... Im wearing my scarf.... as long as I dont wear any offensive clothing, anything showing midriff, anything dirty or unkempt, they can KMA...

again, I wont lose my job.... I just found it funny that the memo came across my email as I was reading NP online from the computer that we also arent suppose access the internet for personal use
    Its not about race in the least... we were also told we couldnt wear shorts... and though it was 28 degrees this morning, 2 white guys came to work in shorts & flip flops... the FLIP FLOPS can be considered dangerous, otherwise, they aint no more worried than I am....
    [/b]
    What kind of job do you have? It seems pretty lenient if several people ignore the dress code.

anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Gimme dis baby :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aight rebel...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of job do you have? It seems pretty lenient if several people ignore the dress code.
    [/b]

tech support in a disaster recovery operations center
    its not that its lenient... there is a principle of past principles... we adhere to a code of Business conduct... this dress code doesnt fit into that code....

if I worked in a bank or had customer contact or had to go out to represent the company, Id dress appropriately...

Mind you, there are UNspoken rules...like NONE of the black men with locs have been promoted and none of the girls that wear 3 inch nails get promoted

my employer has bigger fish to fry than what I have on my head

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

IDK...we are in a time were people are losing jobs by the thousands so yall might want to be careful. There are probably 100 right now that would snatch those jobs up and gladly follow the dress code.

GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK...we are in a time were people are losing jobs by the thousands so yall might want to be careful. There are probably 100 right now that would snatch those jobs up and gladly follow the dress code.
    [/b]
    *head nod*
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Niya is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont see the issue, but whatever floats your boat

we are in a recession though :unsure:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Gimme dis baby :wub:
    [/b]
    I knoowwww, so cute. ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been employed by this same company for more than 20 years...
    Im in NO DANGER of losing my job..

that said, I dont subscribe to the train of thought that because we are in tough economic times or because a lot of folks are out of work that I must bow to every whim of my employer...

I adhere to REASONABLE policies... long standing policies will not be ignored and new policy whims will not be acknowledged when I dont see the need...

If they come tomorrow & say I cant wear jeans, they'd need to give me very good justification... until then I wear my jeans, ( provided they are clean, ironed, no holes or frays)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast