Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. I am a new member but have been getting fab ideas and advice from the site for a about two years now. Like a lot of you, I went through phases with relaxers, flat irons, pressing combs and braids. Lots of burns, longer and shorter hair later, I kinda missed the huge, thick, fantastic bush of hair that used to break combs in, that I had when I was a kid so I decided to go natural.

This is a fantastic website that has heped me so much with this and I'm sure will continue to, it's excellent to find such a positive and supportive network of people to turn to. That said I'm really interested in all natural commercial products that I can get in the UK. Any suggestions? Particularly pomades or moisturizers that I can use every day.

Thanks x

ms_rite is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dr L

Welcome to the site!!! Your natural hair sounds fantastic - I can't wait to see pictures of your fantastic fro!! You might want to check out the commercial hair forum - there are lots of product ideas there. Here are a couple of threads that might interest you!

anitagrant.com - she is based in the UK

Alternatives for European Naps - this thread is a little bit old but informative nonetheless....should lots of useful links in it..

hope that helps.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thank you! Had not come across these products before. Time for some internet shopping...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. I am a new member but have been getting fab ideas and advice from the site for a about two years now. Like a lot of you, I went through phases with relaxers, flat irons, pressing combs and braids. Lots of burns, longer and shorter hair later, I kinda missed the huge, thick, fantastic bush of hair that used to break combs in, that I had when I was a kid so I decided to go natural.

This is a fantastic website that has heped me so much with this and I'm sure will continue to, it's excellent to find such a positive and supportive network of people to turn to. That said I'm really interested in all natural commercial products that I can get in the UK. Any suggestions? Particularly pomades or moisturizers that I can use every day.

Thanks x
    [/b]
    Welcome Dr L
    you are so lucky! this community loves the Anita Grant line (UK based). Please check out the Commercial Hair Products section of this site and you will see an "anita grant" thread. We are fortunate enough to have the owner of the line be a member of this site. She seems to be a lovely person and she has a devoted customer base that posts on this site regularly. While I have not tried anything yet (I am an immediate gratification type so I dont know if I can wait for products that long - LOL) I have checked out the site, read thru the product offering and plan to buy some soon. I encourage you to check it out as well and ask the people that use the line specific questions about product usage etc. There guidance will be invaluable in selecting products for corrective action or maintenance. Good luck and welcome to the tribe. Look forward to seeing your posts