Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i want to restart my locs cuz i am having issues with these parts. the lady freestyled it so they are not neat looking. at first i liked it but now i am having second thoughts... luckily this is only week 6... but they have already started budding and growing..... *shakes head*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My scalp itches like crazy and I can&#39;t wait to wash it today. I&#39;m never letting anyone else up in my head again. <_<
    Loc Updates! http://public.fotki.com/cher79/locs-part-2/

Last chemical fire cream November 2002. I transitioned and clipped the remaining p.ermed ends in April 2004.

Locs taken down and restarted. Twists put in 4/5/09.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i have fallen back in love with this set... i need to just worry bout my babies and stop drooling over everyone else&#39;s locs... on my way to week 7..

i getting these bad boys colored at the end of may... wonder how long they will be in 6 months??? oh i updated my fotki..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have these intrusive thoughts every now and then: What will I do if a year or two from now I look at my hair and the top/front still looks the way it does now and has not locked? What if it doesn&#39;t look any longer? What if the frizzies get frizzier than they are now? What if all this TLC I&#39;m putting into my hair is for naught? What would I do?

These thoughts creep up on me and I sometimes end up having to shake my head to get them out, or think over and over to myself, Patience girl, patience --- it will all come in time.

Day 26 and my hair is still thanking me for the daily washes.
    [/b]
    Hang in there! I&#39;ve thought the same thing &#39;cause my hair is soft on the top of my head. Then on Saturday, I was looking in the mirror and lo and behold one of the very ones I thought might never seal had done just that!

Patience, love, patience. Your hair will keep thanking you for it.

Can&#39;t stop playing with a jingle ball! (That&#39;s what I call those little dangling balls of hair.)

You&#39;d think I&#39;d be past the hand-in-loc thing by now. :lol:
    [color=#CC33CC]Nothing will work unless you do - Maya Angelou

[url="http://public.fotki.com/nappygrl/"]My fotki[/url]

pword=gonappy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do my son&#39;s hair better than mine. His looks like its on its way, mine&#39;s looks like someone forgot about it. Hubby claims if I leave it wrapped with my scarfs it&#39;ll lock faster. It seems like it was so much easier the last the first two time I did this. What am I doing wrong now?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:wub: I think my locs have stopped condensing; but I&#39;m not totally sure-- :unsure: it seems like the shrinkage is NO MORE! THANK GOD! I have tons of pics sitting on my camera waiting for me to stop being lazy and update but alas, I&#39;m not in the mood to mess with it right now.... :blink:

My locs have been feeling kinda dry the past couplah days.... I WANT THEM TO HURRY UP AND GROW!!!! :rolleyes: This patience thing is a realllllllll trip! :wacko: But I will endure and keep my eye on the prize. :blush:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my DH washed my dreads the other day and it felt great... :yes:

...though he did tug a bit too hard once... <_<

...someone hugged me at church and it was the first time that my locs were stuck under the weight of someone&#39;s arm...now that hurt...but the fact that they are long enough to be smashed by someone during a hug was enlightening...and i mean this sis just kept her arm around my shoulders and i was thinking, doesnt she notice my head is pulled back...did she think i was looking @ JESUS in the sanctuary :lol: ...i was so taken aback by the fact that they were trapped that by the time i was ready to tell her to gently remove herself from my dreads...she was gone... ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I finally sucked it up and washed and retwisted my own locks.......and it was alot easier that I thought! It will be a year for me in July but I was stilled worried about some that haven&#39;t locked yet.

Much easier and much faster, it didn&#39;t take me 3hrs to try and twist my hair. My mom even got in on the action and helped when my arms got a bit tired. :P

Looking fwd to the next wash!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally retwisted my locs at a soccer game while my son took his afternoon nap, talk about mutitasking over the weekend! :lol: I am seraching for new styles for spring/summer. I really would like to try an updo and basket weave! I may put a little color to add to the natural coloring from the sun! I can&#39;t believe that I am into my fourth locing year!! I can&#39;t wait to try some organic shampoo bars with shea butter and other natural ingredients for my next wash and retwist!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people&#39;s limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won&#39;t exist because you&#39;ll have already shut it out. You can hear other people&#39;s wisdom, but you&#39;ve got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I sit here I often reflect when I first started to lock my hair. This tunnel of uncertainty, did I do the right thing? Will they lock? Almost at 4 years I can&#39;t believe how much my hair has grown. Now, I do not even worry about twisting my roots who cares. I love the washing and squeezing that good castile soap through out my scalp. I love rubbing coconut oil on my tresses soaking up that good moisture. I even see one or two strands of grey at my temples could those be wisdom hairs? Hmm getting old, lol! I feel so free so boundless to our warped society in believing only a weave is acceptable. Nothing matters just being natural and loving your true self. I do not fear turning older I fear not living but only existing......!
    TO BE LOCKED IS TO BE FREE!!!!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast