Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div align="center">Hard water can have an effect.... my dorm is a communal shower and the water is hard but Ive been ok so far.... Since you may have to share with one or two people, why dont you all just split the cost for a softener... [color=#663366]</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m not even in school and I have hard water. My hair is just fine, as yours will be too. I agree, that in college, the last thing I was worried about was how the water affected my hair.....
    "Love is patient and kind, Love is not jealous, conceited, proud or boastful, it is not arrogant, selfish, irritable or rude. Love does not keep a record of wrongs. Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth, Love never gives up , and its faith, hope and patience never fail. Love is eternal." - 1 Corinthians 13 :))

MoNappy28-Holla! http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/soulstar79/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hard water has affected my hair a little bit, but I just do fewer wash and gos and more braidouts and twistouts....now the water has done a number on my skin....I never notice it until I leave the area for the summer and return in the fall...I am extra dry...I guess I am one of those folk who are vain even while in school...mainly because I still have to look "professional" cause I teach undergrads and work in area schools...and well, cause I&#39;m grown and can&#39;t be rolling out of bed and into class in my pj&#39;s (yes I did this in undergrad)...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha sounds like parts of the GA coast. Wasnt natural when i was in school, not undergrad anyway. But you really need to know and see where u are living. If your sharing with only a few people (sounds like suite style) Im pretty sure no one is going to care if you switch things out. If you have to deal you will be ok, just get you one killer moisture routine for when you dont washing. Or you can do a final rinse with either baking soda or acv.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m in college in the mid-west but am from the East Coast. I find that water is hard wherever I go lol. I haven&#39;t really been to a place that doesn&#39;t have hard water so I&#39;ve learned to live with it. My hair and skin haven&#39;t complained....actually I&#39;ve been doing just fine. I would encourage you to do protective styles and then spritz your hair with a mix (something like bottled water, conditioner, etc.). Since its your first semester in college you&#39;ll have a lot on your plate from classes, to extracurricular. It&#39;ll make your life wayyyyy easier
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in college in charleston, sc. yeah the water is hard, but it doesnt really have a major effect on my hair, i can&#39;t tell if it does anyway. i say get a filter, or dont worry about it lol
    [b][url="http://www.fotki.com/free2bfly"]My Fotki[/url] [/b]
    [img]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v314/141/85/1492500063/s1492500063_30026008_5573.jpg[/img]

Last CFC: Nov 27, 2007
    Big Chop: 8-8-08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girl did I ever!@! The water was so hard you could smell it literally And one day I was making kool-aid and the water came out looking like lemonade....I was too through :bolt: My last year in undergrad is when I began my first transition so I made sure I kept my hair moisturized, did extensive deep condition treatments. Did less frequent shampoo washes, and more cowashes and whenever I could wash my hair off campus at friends or my boyfriend&#39;s house.
    ~ Truly loving yourself for exactly who you are is the greatest peace in the world~

Nappy and loving every minute....since Jan. 2009(:-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wet my hair a lot w/ water so this why the post is important to me.

Thanks for the replies.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I tried to search with no success on this particular topic/question of nappies in college.

I recently recieved an award (acceptance) letter from the college of my choice... however the school that I want to be attending is an area with HARD WATER :noway:

I got so bold as to call the school and ask whether or not they have a water filter or anything to combat that and all I got was: a :hug: and that I&#39;m not sure hunny.

So, anyone attended or attending a college with hard water...

did the school have filters (would a school have water filters)?....

did you have bring in water bottles just to wash your hair?....

or did you just deal with the hard water and piled on extra conditioner/moisturizer to combat it?

~ JJ08
    [/b]

You can buy a charcoal water filter for your shower head. or any other filter will work just as good.
    Education should be fashioned to enable us to be self sufficient as a people.

Nation of Gods & Earths

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m assuming there are varying degrees of hardness, ie a gradient versus a simple hard versus hard issue. I&#39;ve experienced really hard water once. I was cowashing everyday and was visiting another college campus. OMG. All of my coils locked together and knotted something horrible. Apparently it looked like I was freeforming because some older gentleman decided to tell me that my &#39;locks&#39; were coming in nicely. That being said, I&#39;ve never had a problem anywhere else; maybe the water will be "hard", but actually more towards the middle of the spectrum? You could try a brita pitcher maybe.
    4 years natural!
    1 year loc'd and finally happy :)

www.twitter.com/dailygazelle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast