Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are photos of how I've worn my hair throughout the month:

This is how I'm wearing it today (below):

I was so happy that I figured out how to hold my hair with hair sticks. No bobby pins!

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mwedzi, all of your styles look fab :wub:
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

bijoks is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gorgeous hair mwedzi!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! I love the styles and the accessories. I've got some great style ideas when I wear my hair out again. Thanks for sharing.

Here are photos of how I've worn my hair throughout the month:

This is how I'm wearing it today (below):

I was so happy that I figured out how to hold my hair with hair sticks. No bobby pins!

[/b]
    <div align="center"> My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the Lord, have spoken. - Isa 66:2

http://public.fotki.com/Copa-canary</div>

My Photography
    http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/...5m_1dd81e4.jpg
    BC September 7, 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ladies I finished out the challenge a CHAMPION (well at least I think I did :P )!! I did try something new a bantu-knot-out, which was very successful and of course my old fav: a twist-out. Probably the most successful things I did were re-introduce olive oil into my regimen and take away most of my old products that were litered with bad ingredients.

I decided to quit using the store-bought detangler everyday and start using plain old olive oil water spritz whenever I twist at night and whenever I need moisture. IT WORKED! And it left my hair with a beautiful sheen. I also started to detangle every other night, instead of waiting until wash day. I introduced my hair to Pure Castile soap and let me tell you, this stuff is the ish! It gives my hair a great lather and gets it clean without stripping.

For my styles I would use a aloe vera, water, coconut oil spritz which kept my style for at least 3 days without me having to retwist. This made me happier than a bird with a new nest :wub: because I have NEVER been able to maintain a twist out for more than one day. I did re-twist every 3-4 days with my olive oil spritz and on wash day with my aloe vera spritz.

Pictures of my challenge are in my fotki (in signature)

MWEDZI you have GAWJESS HAIR!! I WANT IT!

ETA: Thanks Jaqz for making this challenge. This is exactly what I needed for my hair because I&#39;m not a protective style person (some type of hair as you). Just for the record, I am going to continue this challenge probably until November/December and then re-evaluate my hair.
    ~ Truly loving yourself for exactly who you are is the greatest peace in the world~

Nappy and loving every minute....since Jan. 2009(:-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very encouraging! I&#39;m glad it was a success for you. What I find most inspiring is that you used many natural rather than store bought products. I believe that our hair needs simple and uncomplicated care and products to thrive. Since our hair is natural, we don&#39;t need products full of chemicals, even if we want a more polished look. I&#39;m going to take a look at your fotki. I am actually doing my last style this week and it will end next week for me. I&#39;m trying out a style for a wedding this summer. After that, I&#39;m going to experiment with more protective styles then come up with a style routine combination that I can use in the fall/winter. I&#39;ll likely be doing protective styles one week per month. I&#39;ve learned a lot through this challenge in a short amount of time and for that I am grateful. I&#39;ve decided to stop using certain products, start using others, found new fav styles, decided to leave other styles alone, and basically simplified my routine. I&#39;ve found that my hair needs to basically stay at a steady moisture level in order to thrive. Therefore, I&#39;m not fixated on scrubbing down my hair when I cleanse. I don&#39;t mind my hair not getting "super clean" anymore. I&#39;ve found that all I need is a gentle cleanser whether shampoo or co-wash, a deep treatment whenever my hair needs it, a good leave-in, shea or castor oil to seal, aloe gel for extra hold, definition, and sheen, and that&#39;s it. Too many products suffocate my hair. This has definitely been a journey. Good luck as you continue your out styles through the year. Feel free to update us on this thread. I&#39;ll be updating from time to time for those who join in the future.

[quote]
    Well ladies I finished out the challenge a CHAMPION (well at least I think I did :P )!! I did try something new a bantu-knot-out, which was very successful and of course my old fav: a twist-out. Probably the most successful things I did were re-introduce olive oil into my regimen and take away most of my old products that were litered with bad ingredients.

I decided to quit using the store-bought detangler everyday and start using plain old olive oil water spritz whenever I twist at night and whenever I need moisture. IT WORKED! And it left my hair with a beautiful sheen. I also started to detangle every other night, instead of waiting until wash day. I introduced my hair to Pure Castile soap and let me tell you, this stuff is the ish! It gives my hair a great lather and gets it clean without stripping.

For my styles I would use a aloe vera, water, coconut oil spritz which kept my style for at least 3 days without me having to retwist. This made me happier than a bird with a new nest :wub: because I have NEVER been able to maintain a twist out for more than one day. I did re-twist every 3-4 days with my olive oil spritz and on wash day with my aloe vera spritz.

Pictures of my challenge are in my fotki (in signature)

MWEDZI you have GAWJESS HAIR!! I WANT IT!

ETA: Thanks Jaqz for making this challenge. This is exactly what I needed for my hair because I&#39;m not a protective style person (some type of hair as you). Just for the record, I am going to continue this challenge probably until November/December and then re-evaluate my hair.
    [/quote<script id="" >function ebBannerFlash_0_7584990402683616_DoFSCommand(comma nd,args){ebScriptWin0_7584990402683616.gEbBanners[0].displayUnit.handleFSCommand(command,args,&#39;ebB annerFlash_0_7584990402683616&#39;}</script>]
    <div align="center"> My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the Lord, have spoken. - Isa 66:2

http://public.fotki.com/Copa-canary</div>

My Photography
    http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/...5m_1dd81e4.jpg
    BC September 7, 2007

mwedzi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jaqz and ChocolateCoils.

Okay, after measuring a month after starting this challenge, it seems that I can either maintain my length or get only a little new growth. I think I suffered a deal of breakage, though I guess not more than my hair actually grew. I think for the next month I&#39;ll do a protective style challenge to compare the results. It&#39;s been fun, though!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789