Thread: Nursing Support

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey nurses and nurses to be. How is everyone? I have been away for a while. The nursing shortage is alive and well in St. Louis. So I have been working A LOT. To anyone considering nursing it is a great field.
    [/b]

At what hospital do you work? I'm in St. Louis too and where I work it has been pretty slow the past couple of months...I have been getting low censused just about every week. I've applied at several other places and haven't heard a thing...several other people I know are experiencing the same.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping. I know a couple of folks were taking classes. How are you all surviving?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooo! I should frequent this thread! I'm a freshman in the Baccalaureate Nursing program at my college now, and I need all of the advice I can get.
    I have FINALLY RECOVERED my long last Nappturality account!! I'm so happy!
    *was temporarily "in the name of love"*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At what hospital do you work? I'm in St. Louis too and where I work it has been pretty slow the past couple of months...I have been getting low censused just about every week. I've applied at several other places and haven't heard a thing...several other people I know are experiencing the same.
    [/b]
    :unsure: wow thats discouraging, hopefully things will get better soon. Its like that up here... I'm graduating with my RN next May... I really hope I find something then
    "I'm [b]sorry[/b]- but i refuse to end up baldheaded and brainwashed"-me

Falon is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I passed the NCLEX on 6/18 so I'm officially an RN now. I worked up until 14 days ago and now I'm just waiting to have this baby. I'm really nervous about the job market because I've been looking just to see what is out there and it seems like there aren't many positions for RNs. The few positions that I do see are for experienced RNs not new grads so I feel a bit panicked. I can't go back to work until at least Oct and I do have the option of extending my disability but I'm hoping to find something by then. If I can't then I am going to have to go back to my LPN job until I can find something. In the meantime I've been trying to network with any and everyone I know who is working in a hospital. I mean former teachers, classmaters, relatives etc. I'm also going to pay for a professional resume writer to fix up my resume and buy a good suit for my interviews. Hopefully with some luck I will be able to secure the kind of position I am looking for.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting my junior year in a BSN program. Ya'll are scaring me to death with the talk of hiring freezes. We are in the southwest right now, but the plan is to move to the triangle in NC when I'm done with school. Guess I'll have to have a plan B.

I'll be a new nurse (no prior nursing experience) so I'm not sure travel nursing is an option for me. I would rather not be a traveling nurse. I served 11yrs in the military so being away from home isn't appealing for me.

I'm nervous about school, now I'm nervous about employment. :blush: One thing at a time I guess.

Congrats Falon on passing the NCLEX!
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

ray is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    I know I am really late. I work at Barnes in Oncology. I am not sure where you are working but we are ALWAYS short. I was off for a couple days the week before last because I just needed a break and I was called every day for overtime. Our census has been up and it is strange because over the summer we are usually low.

Good to know! I'm in Charlotte and the market here is saturated with nurses. More than half of the May graduating class from my school weren't able to get jobs. I graduate in August and I hope there's something available, but I'm willing to relocate.

Are they hiring new graduates there or just experienced nurses?
    [/b]
    Sorry again about the late reply. I haven't been on the board that much. Yes, we just hired 3 new grads.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting my junior year in a BSN program. Ya'll are scaring me to death with the talk of hiring freezes. We are in the southwest right now, but the plan is to move to the triangle in NC when I'm done with school. Guess I'll have to have a plan B.

I'll be a new nurse (no prior nursing experience) so I'm not sure travel nursing is an option for me. I would rather not be a traveling nurse. I served 11yrs in the military so being away from home isn't appealing for me.

I'm nervous about school, now I'm nervous about employment. :blush: One thing at a time I guess.

Congrats Falon on passing the NCLEX!
    [/b]
    Hey LuvJones my cousin graduated from Central this past May and she is from that area. Anyway I think she has allready found a job. It just didn't start till August. I think it just depends on which part of NC.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ladies, school starts for me in 24 days :lol: I'm so freakin nervous and just :unsure:

Do you ladies have any advice for us newbies? Any books we should be picking up to help with our studies? How did you make it through all the studying and stress?

~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

ray is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ladies, school starts for me in 24 days :lol: I'm so freakin nervous and just :unsure:

Do you ladies have any advice for us newbies? Any books we should be picking up to help with our studies? How did you make it through all the studying and stress?
    [/b]
    Get a Saunders NCLEX book.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast