Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should have said something right then and there. You can be respectful and still correct someone.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lady FT is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

readdressing the class is a good idea. unbelievable though, i wanna know who this bonehead is!
    [/b]
    Please please please make sure you do this. If not at least address the child he made fun of and the one he thinks he complimented. It's creepy that a grown man would go up to a little boy and say you have good hair like me. :angry: And yes i would like to know who this guy is.

ETA: And let me add IA with the others that you need to warn others about this man. At least an administrator that he is saying inappropriate things to the children. You don't f***ing make fun of a little kid! That's deplorable! I'm actually holding back tears right now thinking about those kids. This is the most outrageous thing I've EVER read on NP. This is not O.K.

....and i would tell the parents of the child he made fun off what happen. If someone said that to my son I would want to know so I could talk to him. I seriously am going to pray for your kids.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was way out of line. I agree with the ladies that you should readdress the class about hair types. Sometimes all it takes is one ignorant comment to permanently lower a child's self esteem. What type of adult man would say something like that to a child?
    "We have to stop being ashamed of being black. A broad nose, a thick lip and nappy hair is us, and we are going to call that beautiful whether they like it or not. We are not going to fry our hair anymore."
    Stokely Carmichael

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG
    ~*~Rasta Empress~*~
    Last CFC: Feb 2008 ~ BC: 5/8/2008 ~Loc'ed 3rd set: 12/2011

THANKS & LOVE TO MY FAIRY PANK MUVVA!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its hard to believe in this day and age, black men still have that mentality. I surely hope the child did not take offense and that you reminded him that all children have 'good hair'. That A**hole needs to be put in his place. Please let us know who he is so that me nor my children hold him up as an idol for black men. :angry:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell does career day have to do with hair type? His mentality is warp and yes I people are still stuck on that "good hair" mentality. :icon_headshake:
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really weird and stupid! I mean, did he seek out this child with "good hair" to talk to him about how great it is? Those poor kids....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord have mercy! I have read this post about 3 times trying to understand why someone(AN EX FOOTBALL PLAYER AT THAT) would even discuss "GOOD HAIR" during a career day presentation. Don't football players wear helmets anyway! The child that he was talking with may aspire to do something more than just run w/a freaking ball. He may want to cure cancer,be president,or even and inventor. He does not need some one coming into his school and making him feel like it doesn't mater what is in his head, but rather ,what is on his head.

But on a lighter note. maybe yall should screen these presenters. Cuz you know ex football players will sell anything. He may be a sales Rep. for S-curl.LOL

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ QueenV your fro is hawt!!!

WHAT! I hope you readdressed to your class that everyone is beautiful and he was WRONG!! I would have definitely told him nicely, in front of my students, that we don't discriminate based on 'hair types' and that you tell your students that everyone is a wonderfully made beautiful individual. You were good to say 'nice to meet you'. Who was the former player?
    [/b]
    You know what? He was so insignificant to me that I literally forgot his name. All I recall is that he played for the Colts and some other team and had a Super Bowl ring.

I have definitely addressed my students on this issue and attempted to "wash" away the foolishness that this ignorant man was spewing.

That is really weird and stupid! I mean, did he seek out this child with "good hair" to talk to him about how great it is? Those poor kids....
    [/b]
    Yes he did. The child with the curly hair wasn't even standing close to him.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But on a lighter note. maybe yall should screen these presenters. Cuz you know ex football players will sell anything. He may be a sales Rep. for S-curl.LOL[/b]
    Bwhhhaaaaa! :lol: :lol: :lol: You never know!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast