Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I'm excited for you Munchichi!!! I liked my short little fro, but I love, love, love my locs. I love learning about them as well. So ask your loctician questions about things that you are nervous about or how to's. Have fun and enjoy the ride!! Keep us posted.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is the big day and I'm so excited! I'll be sure to post some baby loc pics in my fotki when I'm done. Wish me luck!
    <span style="font-family:Helvetica">Why shouldn&#39;t you lift up your hands and offer up praise; when even the very branches of the trees reach upward to touch the Glory of God.</span>

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Okay we def. need details on the big day!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I&#39;m happy to report that I am comb-coiled and excited about my baby locs. Now the method of getting these done was a horror story. *sigh* I guess I should have known when I walked into the salon and was greeted by the stylist with "Oh my goodness, I don&#39;t know your hair was that long! Why would you want to loc your hair when it&#39;s that long and pretty?" And if I didn&#39;t know then I guess I should&#39;ve known to walk out when the ladies in the salon were all like "you got good hair, why you wanna loc it up?" And even talkin&#39; to eachother about my hair "It&#39;s so pretty can you believe that?". But it wasn&#39;t just me they talked about, it was everybody that walked up in that joint as well as whoever walked across the t.v. screen. My appt was at 1pm and I didn&#39;t get in the chair until 1:44 because other people were in an out of her chair. I couldn&#39;t help but wonder if "they" had made an appt and what was the point?And the final straw was when she said I couldn&#39;t wash my hair for month! A month! That&#39;s crazy talk. I couldn&#39;t get out of there fast enough! I plan on handling the maintenance myself from now on.
    <span style="font-family:Helvetica">Why shouldn&#39;t you lift up your hands and offer up praise; when even the very branches of the trees reach upward to touch the Glory of God.</span>

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

"Good hair!!!" [eye roll] I can&#39;t believe they were talking like that. A month, she&#39;s nutz!!!!! Do you like the end result at least? Sorry to hear about your salon visit. I totally understand where you are coming from.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, don&#39;t get me wrong, the girl can do some hair! I love my coilies/baby locs. And can&#39;t wait to see all the fuzzies. I&#39;m on my way! Thanks for everybody&#39;s support during this second transition.

Astral Guest

Yikes! Well, at least you&#39;ve got the hardest part done, which is starting.

Just be good and loving to those babies, and they&#39;ll be lovely for you in turn. <3

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone give me some schooling about retwisting? I don&#39;t want to have to go back to the salon and I&#39;d like to do it myself. What should I twist with and how can I retighten? My hair is still too soft to palm roll (atleast in the way that I&#39;m understanding one palm rolls) and I&#39;m scared to grab a piece and twist for fear it will break off at the roots. Help?

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Sorry, I latch my locs. Have you searched the threads about twisting? The beginners thread might have good advice!! How are our loc babies holding up?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far so good. One week and my coils are still in tact. I plan on washing soon (gently of course) with a clear shampoo and probably a hair net. Some one mentioned dry shampoo? I&#39;m researching if I can begin latching right away.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast