Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im trying to grow out my hair but and am wearing twists most of the time. i would like to bun every now and then for a change. im staying away from gel because it makes my hair flat(no waves but not slick-i dont like the look) and hard. also i think the way i used do the bun and the gel led to the breakage on my edges. and ive tried them with different leave in combos. its the same result every time.

so i was redoing my twists w avocado butter and i was applying the avocado butter and detangling with a fine toothed comb.(dont worry i know how to handle my comb) i noticed that my hair made nice waves. so along with some water and a bit of condish i was able to make a cute loose bun. but the avocado butter although it brought out the wave made my hair so greasy but my hair was very soft.

is there a way i can get the hold of the gel with the softness of the avocado butter. and no, putting them together doesn't work.

also my hair doesnt "debulk" when wet and its thick & coarse. if u have similar hair please give me advice!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/nappylicious/"]My Albums[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should try elasta qp glaze on wet/damp moisterized hair.. the wave affect it had on my hair was crazy. I'll be back with pictures...and it doesnt leave my hair hard and crunchy..but I do not like the feeling a get when its being washed out though..
    I have "Good hair" ...we got African in our family my first Fotki!!! with new updates!!!

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried just using the conditioner to see if it was enough to pull your hair back into a bun. I just use my spritz on my hair when I pull it back (conditioner, water, and olive oil) and my hair lays down fine. You can also try pulling your hair back and tying a scarf around it to help your edges lay down flat.
    Maybe the avocado butter is the right product, but you just used too much of it. I'm thinking you can smooth a little bit of it along your hairline and then pull it back or you can cut the avocado butter with a thinner oil or maybe some aloe so that it won't be so heavy.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasia IC Gel is good.
    My Travel Blog | October 2007 Napptural of the Month (still looking for the link)

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."
    ~Rita Mae Brown, Venus Envy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shea butter, water and a scarf can often lay the edges down as well as gel.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Id suggest finger combing or using, using a wide tooth comb or my fav anyone of the Goody's ouuchless brushes for detangling, that thing is the truth!

2. If you want to lay your hair down try doubling a goody's ouchless head band and sliding it back like your going to make a puff or you can use a piece of cut pantyhose or whatever you use to gather your hair back , make sure your hair is damp when you do this, apply whatever product you wish while doing this and simply tie your head down with a scarf. You'll be good to go.

Also dont fret if you dont get waves you desire, some folks do and folks dont, i was one of the one's that didnt and I could care less, it was more fun watching folks try to debate if my puff was real or if it was a hair piece :lol:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conditioner & water is all I've ever used. Wet it, pull it back & tie it down. That always worked for me!
    Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever. ~ Audre Lorde

My Fotki Album - NO PASSWORD REQUIRED
    Check me out on MySpace or on Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried EQP glaze. it did slick but i needed half the jar to lay it down. plus its greasy and after a few minutes its like i never used it.plus the smell gets on my nerve.

ive tried fantasia gel in all its flavors. i get the "flatness" from all of them.plus my hair turns into a helmet when it dries.

I was a former PJ so i've tried alot of products and have never seen my hair been able to pull back W/O gel until recently. If it was as easy as condish & water i wouldve found it by now.Plus the scarf trick doesnt work for me at all

I think my hair might be too thick to slick normally. i just want my hair to lay down. im giving up on getting it slick

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Id suggest finger combing or using, using a wide tooth comb or my fav anyone of the Goody's ouuchless brushes for detangling, that thing is the truth!

thanks for the suggestions but i got my detangling down pact! other than my finetooth i dont like combs or brushes. they rip out my hair and dont get rid of shed hair

2. If you want to lay your hair down try doubling a goody's ouchless head band and sliding it back like your going to make a puff or you can use a piece of cut pantyhose or whatever you use to gather your hair back , make sure your hair is damp when you do this, apply whatever product you wish while doing this and simply tie your head down with a scarf. You'll be good to go.

this dosent work for me either. my hair is resistant to laying. my puffs are never slick or flat

Also dont fret if you dont get waves you desire, some folks do and folks dont, i was one of the one's that didnt and I could care less, it was more fun watching folks try to debate if my puff was real or if it was a hair piece :lol:

if my hair was longer i prob. wouldnt mind as much. my hair is usually a puffy mass anyway.i just wanted a style that shows my texture
    [/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we need to see a pic of your hair & the look you are trying to achieve in order to give better advice.

I have pretty thick hair (in volume, not strand size) and I never have a problem getting my hair to lay down smooth with just some conditioner and/or water.
    Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever. ~ Audre Lorde

My Fotki Album - NO PASSWORD REQUIRED
    Check me out on MySpace or on Facebook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast