Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to learn how to do my own hair and its so hard because when i wash my hair it shrinks and i look like I have a small fro while when dry and combed out its much longer. I tried doing a wash and go with the IC and the kinky curly and it made me looke like i had a short fro with little to no curls. And the small curls I did have were EXREMELY tight. I have seen girls with hair texture like mine (really thick) on youtube and it works great for them. I have seen girls who have twa's and it works awesome while my hair is to the bottom of my neck straight. HELP PLEASE I don't want to keep paying my stylest all the time
    [SIZE=2]Hair Type : nappy
    Transitioned from : August 2008 - May 2009
    Co-Wash : Suave -Cherry blossm
    Oils : Olive Oil
    1 Year Natural August 2009[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like you;re trying to get your hair to look like something it doesn't do naturally.

your hair shrinks, embrace it. piling on product after product will not change that fact and it would make your hair look curly if that's not what your hair does.

lizzes is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like you;re trying to get your hair to look like something it doesn't do naturally.

your hair shrinks, embrace it. piling on product after product will not change that fact and it would make your hair look curly if that's not what your hair does.
    [/b]
    ITA
    Don't try to force your hair to do something that it can't do without a bunch of manipulation and products.
    Last chemical fire cream: December 2002
    Transitioned for a year and revealed my naps in December 2003
    Nappturality member since 2004
    fotki.com/lizzes *New updates 1/30/10*
    I'm locing my hair! 1/28/2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITA
    Don't try to force your hair to do something that it can't do without a bunch of manipulation and products.
    [/b]
    if i cant do a wash and go what should i do? I cant even twist my hair for real after its been washed. I know that our hair shrinks but mine is just crazy. And fros are nice on other people but I don't like them on me
    [SIZE=2]Hair Type : nappy
    Transitioned from : August 2008 - May 2009
    Co-Wash : Suave -Cherry blossm
    Oils : Olive Oil
    1 Year Natural August 2009[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i cant do a wash and go what should i do? I cant even twist my hair for real after its been washed. I know that our hair shrinks but mine is just crazy. And fros are nice on other people but I don't like them on me
    [/b]
    Try to braid or cornrow your hair at night and then unbraid them if you want your hair stretch. I don't think that everyone can do a wash and go and get similar results. I know that when I attempt one my hair shrinks to 1/4 its length (or more). That is just my hair type I don't try to against it but with it. I do two strand twists and because my hair has shrinkage going on my twists come out full looking. I make the shrinkage work for me. I let my length be reserved for only a select few. :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    if the issue is with shrinkage, then have you tried putting your hair into large braids or twists after you wash and then letting it dry. after you take it down you will have stretched fluffy hair than you can wear as a chunky fro or pull back into a puff

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should try a leave-in under the KCCC like KC Knot Today. Here is a video of a technique that someone uses.