Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CANCEL That PITY PARTY!

If you're feeling GOD can't use you, then remember:

NOAH was a drunk, ABRAHAM was too old, ISAAC was a daydreamer, JACOB was a liar, LEAH was ugly, JOSEPH was abused, MOSES had a stuttering problem, GIDEON was afraid, SAMSON had long hair and was a womanizer, RAHAB was a prostitute, JEREMIAH and TIMOTHY were too young, DAVID had an affair and was a murderer, ELIJAH was suicidal, ISAIAH preached naked, JONAH ran from GOD, NAOMI was a widow, JOB went bankrupt, JOHN the Baptist ate bugs, PETER denied Christ, The Disciples fell asleep while praying, MARTHA worried about everything, The Samaritan woman was divorced more than once, ZACCHEUS was too small, PAUL was too religious, TIMOTHY had an ulcer, AND LAZARUS was dead!

No more excuses now! GOD can use you to your full potential. Besides, you aren't the message, you are just the messenger!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol

Good one.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes- God can use anyone. But do we then continue in our sin with this excuse? So if you are a fornicator, liar, or homosexual, do you just shrug it off because Jacob was a liar? Can I as a Christian knowingly and willingly sin everyday of my life, but I don't have to change because God knows my heart :smug :huh

I don't think you can pull a few names and examples from the bible as an excuse to sin. Jesus is our best example and he wasn't any of those things.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Awren was trying to list "excuses to sin", but pointing out that no matter where you are in your walk with Christ...HE can use you. Since we ALL are SINNERS and we ALL have FALLEN SHORT of the glory of GOD...I take this as a voice of inspiration. As we try to be more like God...we sin less, but we are not sinless.

@ Awren, preach on sistah!!
    [img]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/mznginear/mz_4416488_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot one-

Paul was incarcerated.

I agree with you that Jesus is our best example. He's the role model for all times. However- the bible gives several examples of how God used ordinary people to fulfill His purposes. This is encouraging to me because, although I'm blessed, healed, delivered, and filled with the Holy Spirit- I still struggle with sin. Am I happy about that? No. But I am encouraged that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit convicts me everytime my thoughts and actions don't line up with the Word of God. I still curse, but a lot less than I used to. As I grow in grace and understanding, I know I'll move to a point where I don't do it at all. I'm so glad that God loved me enough to sacrifice His only son, while I was yet a sinner. God didn't wait for the world to be perfect before He sent Jesus. If the world were perfect, we would not need Jesus or the Holy Spirit. God loves me in spite of my sins :thumbsup And He expects me to extend that same love and acceptance to others- I think that's one of the greatest challenges of being a Christian.

fftopic
    Happy Mother's Day

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing!

No matter where you are in your life...the point is God can use you. I don't think Awren was trying to make excuses for Sin because there are no excuses.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´ve read that before...Thanks for the reminder...
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Laluna is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA!

Good one Awren

Medusa Negrita Guest

Originally posted by awren@May 8 2004, 04:57 AM
    CANCEL That PITY PARTY!

If you're feeling GOD can't use you, then remember:

NOAH was a drunk, ABRAHAM was too old, ISAAC was a daydreamer, JACOB was a liar, LEAH was ugly, JOSEPH was abused, MOSES had a stuttering problem, GIDEON was afraid, SAMSON had long hair and was a womanizer, RAHAB was a prostitute, JEREMIAH and TIMOTHY were too young, DAVID had an affair and was a murderer, ELIJAH was suicidal, ISAIAH preached naked, JONAH ran from GOD, NAOMI was a widow, JOB went bankrupt, JOHN the Baptist ate bugs, PETER denied Christ, The Disciples fell asleep while praying, MARTHA worried about everything, The Samaritan woman was divorced more than once, ZACCHEUS was too small, PAUL was too religious, TIMOTHY had an ulcer, AND LAZARUS was dead!

No more excuses now! GOD can use you to your full potential. Besides, you aren't the message, you are just the messenger!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The odd thing about that is that considering how judgmental, paranoid, and pretentious some folks are, NO ONE would take nam one of those people seriously today, NOBODY. They look at whatever message they were trying to give them and say "WTF? Man/woman get the hell outta my face! You raggidy, you ugly, you stupid, you sound fuggup, them clothes is messed up, you got one foot in the grave and another on the banana peel, you old as dirt, you stanky, you funky, etc, etc" and not take none of that stuff seriously. How many of you would listen to a naked preacher? A convict preacher? A paranoid scitzophrenic (sp?) precher. Not a dam one of you. So I guess the next escuse will be "oh but times were different then, you can't trust people now, they are doing the devils work......"

yeah. right. :smug

Escuses, escuses.

Talk a good game, but it fall on deaf ears. Might as well come out of mute mouth.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a whiny drama queen heathen with a victim mentality who likes to fight and argue

Truer words never spoken. Also add "hell bound and enjoying my trip!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast