Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi you guys my name is Angel, I'm 20 years old and I haven't had a perm in 2 months. And I wear a scarf on my head everyday because I just don't know what to do with my transitioning hair. I don't want to use any heat. But the roots (about an inch at the crown) are really curly and everything else is straight. I don't want to do a big chop until it is much much longer. Right now I try to just keep it moisturized. My edges are really broken off from relaxers and I've been working with that, but I really need some assistance. I think tomorrow I'll go get some box braids with my own hair (no weave), but do you think it would turn out right with the majority of my hair still being straight? So this is what I do...

About 4 weeks ago I did an every 6 weeks ApHogee treatment to revitalize all the hair breakage and i'll be doing another in about 2 weeks.

I moisturize my hair every night with luster's pink moisturizer and s curl no drip moisturizer and jojoba oil.

sometimes during the day i'll just randomly spritz my hair with this water mix i made with distilled water, vegetable glycerine, and jojoba oil.

then i condition once every week on sunday with le kair cholesterol, when i condition it with this i usually just leave the plastic cap on with the cholesterol in my hair over night and wash it out in the morning...is this ok?

then i use wet n wavy to detangle it after washing and moisturize again with the above mentioned products.

then braid it in like 4 very messy braids (i cant braid my own hair good) put a scarf on my head and go about my business.

But could someone please help me with this process? Maybe someone who just started transitioning 2 months ago like me we could do this together?

P.S. I went to this site called nasabbs and ordered some shea butter for my hair and just got it today!!! I was so excited, the texture and smell is so wonderful. It's 100% unrefined shea butter not that cheap stupp that comes in huge tub thats gritty and sticky.

Hope this helps...thanks all!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP !!!

Check out the Transitioners Forum. There are lots of ladies in the transition process over there. There is also lots of information exchanged to help ease the process.

Good luck and Enjoy your Hair :afro:

Cutie

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the braids is a great way to transition. Between braids I always shampood/conditioned, then cut any split ends. I kept my braids/sew-in about 2 months. Every once in a while I would put heat on it like blow-dry to see the length...More recently I flat-ironed it to see the length better. Its shoulder length after 18 months of BC.

I always did extensions with my braids because I live a very hectic life. I work 2 jobs and even some weekends I am always busy. We travel a lot since me and hubby have no kids. I keep very little product on it, and I try to go a week between braids (though I wish I could go longer)....At this time I am 3 weeks btween braids so I think twists are the best.

I suggest twists for you because I did this whenever I did not get braids while I was transitioning. I transitioned for 10 months (though I wasn't trying to transition-not knowing WHEN I would need to cut the permed ends off).....Twists and the twist-out can last a week or so. its perfect because:

1. Wear your twist a week or so, then wear the twist out-
    2. Then you can wash and condition it and use your preferred moisturizer or other regimen.
    3. Twists protect your natural hair. Every few months, you can twist it, then clip the perm end off the twist.
    4. This helpe because once you get more and more of the permed end off, the natural hair twists even better.
    5. Twist-outs are beautiful when done right, and you don't use too much product.

I have very coiled and dense hair so twists hold good with not a lot of product required.

I hope this helps so you don't have to cover your hair all the time. If you can't find anyone to do it for cheap, invest in having a professional who specializes in natural hair styling and care start you out, and you practice it too. That way you can be twisting your own hair in no time...

Your shea butter makes a great leave-in conditioner mixed with the right ingredients. Maybe this site has a recipe.

Also you can twist your hair then put it in balls over night and wear it twisted out with a cute headband or scarf for a beautiful wavy fro. I did this for months before I cut the permed ends off!
    Trust in God in all things....Even when it comes to your hair! I did:)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much you guys! I'll definitely try those suggestions out. And I'll look into the transitioners forum also.