Shae_B is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only been natural for 2 months but I usually straighten the ish outta my hair with a burning chemical once a month so I feel I have great progress already. I wash my hair every 5 days and condition my hair almost every day. I need better hair care products and was looking for some advise on caring for my hair.

I plan on getting rid of the perm slowly. I amy getting two inches trimmed soon.

I oil my scalp and use lotion when I condition and wash, but I still feel my hair is too dry by the evening and when I wake up in the morning it's even dryer.

I heard of the product called carol's daughter is that any good?
    Its not about what they think.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, Shay welcome to Nappturality! And congratulations to let go of the chemicals...that's a big step. I'm also glad to hear (I think?) that you are no longer burning your hair straight....heat is extremely damaging to your hair and if you're undertaking a napptural journey, it's best to just cut that out now so that you have less burnt & lifeless hair to cut off.

Moisture is an issue that just about everyone struggles with in the beginning. It's a process, and everyone's hair is different. Here's my suggestions:

1 - use water as your FOUNDATION of moisture, inside and out
    2 - less is more. to me, that means less products, less of each product and less $$ spent on products.
    most people's hair likes either glycerin (found @ health food store or in curl activator), oils (olive, coconut, sweet almond, castor, etc.) or butters (shea, cocoa, mango, etc.).....or some combination of the 3.
    3 - introduce ONE (1) product to your hair AT A TIME, for about a week to see whether or not your hair is responding well to it.

Starting the process of finding your moisture staples is only going to lead to more questions. I suggest spending a few days in the Napptural Hair Discussion section, browsing and asking questions. We're here to help!
    ~African Cheetah~

7 to 9 (stretched) inches of thick, curly, coily tresses

last cfc - June 10, 2006
    big chop - February 5, 2007

2 years nappy...and many more!

fotki updated September 1st

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged