Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok... now I know I'm not alone...

My bed must have a feather mattress, feather comforter, 4 feather pillows and body pillow. My sheet & duvet sets have always been pure white and I spray my bed with lavendar oil when I make it up. My eye and neck pillow are lavendar scented. I wash everything every 2 weeks. I'm not sure how high the thread count is, but I've never had any balls formed or anything. I've been buying organic cotton sheets and they feel like butter. I also have mosquito netting around my bed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    I have to admit that I am a snob when it comes to bedding. I have a hard time sleeping because I work nights and I have to have good quality sheets. This is one area that I will spend my money. I am always looking for deals. I just bought a set of king silver sheets 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton for under $100 dollars. I am so proud of myself. Surely I am not the only one who feels this way? My friends think I am crazy but hey if you can't sleep then you will do anything possible so that you can.

Does anyone else share this bedding love affair with me?

No Ray you're not the only one. I bought some 1000 ct sheets in NYC a couple of years ago and I was hooked. I do buy lesser count sheets but I'm very particular about them. I'm such a sheet snob when I travel I take my own bedding with me.

Impy! is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... more power to all of you ladies...so long the bed is clean and the sheets look good im oh so good. I can't see myself spending money on sheets etc like that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so in tune with you! I worked nights, and started spoiling myself with sweet sheets with high thread counts. I've found some good bargains on Overstock.com, but nothing as good as 1000-count yet. Okay, share....where did you find them????

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! I snagged some really nice sheets from Marshall's. I think the thread count is 1000. I should have purchased 2 sets because I've been just washing and re-washing these and neglecting all of my others lol! Since I wash my sheets at least once a week, it is a nuisance using the same ones because I can't just throw them in the dirty clothes and get fresh ones out of the closet. So, I guess I should look for more. There is a HUGE difference in sheets with a higher thread count.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I love bedding period. I have so many comforter sets it's a bit ridiculous so I'm trying to get more quilts since they take up less storage space. I think nice bedding just completely changes the look of a bedroom. I guess that's why I have so many comforters because I love switching up colors and changing comforters is a quick way to change the color scheme of a bedroom.

Angej is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you, like HomeFro I also used to travel with my own sheet set. My daughter now knows that I can't sleep on less than 200 counts. In addition, I must wash them at least once a week nothing like sleeping on freshly washed sheets. I read once that sheets are like wearing clothes at night so it is important to keep them clean.
    Blessings to you Always.
    AngeJ. Seattle, WA

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all are preaching! I can't do less than 300 count and lately that's been feeling rough. I love satin sheets above EVERYTHING though.
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't do sheets in the 100s anymore. They have to be 1000+. I never realized just how sensitive my skin is until I discovered Egyptian cotton a few years back. I'd never thought about thread count before then. I won't even put "regular" cotton sheets in my kid's crib. Nothing but chenille for him.
    But I am a bargain hunter, so I don't feel bad about a lil' splurging.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP************
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12