Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's 4:21 A.M here. I should be asleep I know. I just BC'd at around about 3'30 I want to say. I showed my Grandma (just her) and she basically said "You're crazy", "You're hair won't grow", etc, etc. I already know she's gonna tell everyone and their momma so to speak. My entire family will be teasing me, they will be breaking down my self confidence (As usual), and I will be crying...a lot. I'm almost crying right now just thinking about it. Don't get me wrong, I in no way regret what I did. In fact I love it! Even though I may look like a boy now, I don't care! I'm feeling more confident right now then I ever did with permed hair! But, once my family gets a hold of me, I know my confidence is going to dwindle.

You won't believe how happy I was when I cut all that mess out of my hair. I cried. I actually cried! I was so happy. I'm crying right now just thinking about it! This is really emotional for me. I know I'm gonna get nasty comments from my own family at that about this. Please help me?

I need to stay confident, but I don't think I can with no support, and my family will not support me. Like I said, I don't regret it. Besides, I have a wig so I don't have to wear my BC'd hair out. But, something tells me my family is going to MAKE me regret it. They're gonna make me unconfident, they're gonna make me hate something that I already love.

Help me keep the confidence?

And also some tips on keeping my hair healthy so it can grow to it's fullest potential will be nice!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't believe how happy I was when I cut all that mess out of my hair. I cried. I actually cried! I was so happy. I'm crying right now just thinking about it! This is really emotional for me. I know I'm gonna get nasty comments from my own family at that about this. Please help me?
    [/b]
    <span style="font-family:arial">Aww sweetheart congrats!!! :wub: I wanted to point out this paragraph and I hopefully you&#39;ll re-read it over and over again so you never forget. Think about how happy YOU are! Forget what your family says. Especially if they are known to tear you down. <_< :angry: I don&#39;t even know why they would do that. Remember why you chopped and how much healthier your hair will be without chemicals. You did the RIGHT thing! Don&#39;t let ANYONE take you joy away cuz while they are talking bad about you, their hair is probably falling out from all those re.laxers. :rolleyes: You&#39;ll be an example to them once they see how much your hair grows even in just a few months. Congrats again and I&#39;m glad YOU are happy!!! That is all that matters!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s 4:21 A.M here. I should be asleep I know. I just BC&#39;d at around about 3&#39;30 I want to say. I showed my Grandma (just her) and she basically said "You&#39;re crazy", "You&#39;re hair won&#39;t grow", etc, etc. I already know she&#39;s gonna tell everyone and their momma so to speak. My entire family will be teasing me, they will be breaking down my self confidence (As usual), and I will be crying...a lot. I&#39;m almost crying right now just thinking about it. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I in no way regret what I did. In fact I love it! Even though I may look like a boy now, I don&#39;t care! I&#39;m feeling more confident right now then I ever did with permed hair! But, once my family gets a hold of me, I know my confidence is going to dwindle.

You won&#39;t believe how happy I was when I cut all that mess out of my hair. I cried. I actually cried! I was so happy. I&#39;m crying right now just thinking about it! This is really emotional for me. I know I&#39;m gonna get nasty comments from my own family at that about this. Please help me?

I need to stay confident, but I don&#39;t think I can with no support, and my family will not support me. Like I said, I don&#39;t regret it. Besides, I have a wig so I don&#39;t have to wear my BC&#39;d hair out. But, something tells me my family is going to MAKE me regret it. They&#39;re gonna make me unconfident, they&#39;re gonna make me hate something that I already love.

Help me keep the confidence?

And also some tips on keeping my hair healthy so it can grow to it&#39;s fullest potential will be nice!
    [/b]

Ohhhhh, it just broke my heart to read this. You&#39;ll be fine, stay strong. Unlike me, I didn&#39;t have the knowledge that you have when it comes to being natural. I was natural when I was 15 but I had no knowledge on how to care for my hair. Trust me you&#39;ll be fine :hug: Don&#39;t you ever let anyone make you feel less than what your worth. Always keep in mind that you&#39;ve just done something that many of them may NEVER have the courage to do. Unlike them, your not shackled to these perceptions of beauty. Love yourself and be true to yourself, trust me they&#39;ll see that NOTHING is gonna bring you down.

Stay true to yourself chica

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! If its one thing i learned in the past year is to not let others dictate how im going to feel. Easier said than done trust me I know. But you are not responible for twisted ideals and lack of knowledge about natural hair so dont let that effect you. Do you like your hair? You already said that you did in fact love it, so guess what? Thats all that matters.

Also just because you have short hair does not mean you look like a boy. I wouldnt wear the wig...id rock my natural hair with confidence. Trust you&#39;ll go out with one of ill will family memebers and you&#39;ll get complimented and it will shut them right up. Remember people often hate on what they dont have courage to do themselves.

I was natural when i was your age for brief second cause my hair had finally grown back from a bad crack incident when i was in the 4 grade. Had i had a place this that showed me the beauty of my hair and all the things it can do i would have stayed natural instead of begging for a crack job.

I applaud you for making so a well informed decision at such a young age and in these times of the wig and weave era. And you are wrong about one thing....you do have support here with all of us

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Birdy!

I wish I had the gall at that age that you have now! I want you to know that if your family wont support you, your NP family will!

When anyone has something negative to say to you, you let them know that thats their opinion and you are still beautiful. Im not telling you to be disrespectful but if someone has something to say to you, you let them know that you are a Beautiful Natural Diva!

Walk and talk with confidence. If someone questions why you did what you did, you let them know! And let them know with conviction. You have already said that you dont regret your decision. Dont let them believe that you are or will be regretting it. Over time, they will see that you are comfortable with yourself and they have to respect it!

Let us know how things turn out. Congrats again!
    Gather on the hill. Two hearts up in the sky. Celebrate your life. Say I love you. ~Badu

Twittah: @Snook_Deezy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire your strength! I&#39;m 17, and even I couldn&#39;t do what you did (hence, me doing a long-term transition) It makes my day to hear someone so happy and content with their true selves. I&#39;m proud that you have such courage to do your BC. Congrats!

Now, about your disapproving family: That hurts me. I hate to hear that your family feels the way that they do. But keep in mind the reasons why you BC&#39;ed in the first place. Also, keep in mind especially how happy you felt when you did your BC. If you keep remembering those important aspects, you&#39;ll be fine. But I know it&#39;s easier said then done. Especially when the people you should be able to rely on bring you down

But if you were strong enough to BC, then I know you&#39;ll be strong enough to walk with you natural head held high. And of course, when the going gets tough, you can always come to Nappurality. We all love you no matter what :wub:

Good luck, and congrats again on your BC>.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support!
    I decided to upload some pictures:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2isxvmh.jpg
    (My wig...which you can&#39;t see that well because I always take pictures at odd angles!)

My BC!
    http://i27.tinypic.com/ou1ggl.jpg
    (It&#39;s cut very unevenly. And sorry for the bad picture quality!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="font-family:arial">^^You look adorable!! :wub: </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!
    I found a better picture of the wig also: //i26.tinypic.com/6scqvo.jpg

I might take a picture of the full wig on it&#39;s stand later so you can actually see the full thing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!
    I found a better picture of the wig also: //i26.tinypic.com/6scqvo.jpg

I might take a picture of the full wig on it&#39;s stand later so you can actually see the full thing.
    [/b]
    Wow, that&#39;s a lot of hair from what I can see! How long did you transition?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast