User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 Tips

Llyons Guest

Great thread! I'm still in the baby stages, so I don't have much to offer. But, I'm soaking in all this info.!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for starting this thread, Alma! As a newbie, I too am appreciating the wisdom of the loc elders.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys what type of spritz can i use. I have a very itchy scalp and dandruff. Please help meh!! any advise if possible

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Caramell2876@May 12 2004, 04:45 PM
    ok guys what type of spritz can i use. I have a very itchy scalp and dandruff. Please help meh!! any advise if possible
    I use 6-7 oz of water with 1-2 oz of olive oil, 10 drops of sweet almond oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil.

I found my Essential Oils (EOs) at JoAnn Etc and at Michaels. Look in the section where you find the products to make soap and lotions. A 1 or 2 ounce bottle of this stuff can go a very long way.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by marissasensei@May 11 2004, 02:20 PM
    I'd also add:

- Avoid any product that's completely solid at room temp (beeswax, shea, etc.)

- Herbal and ACV rinses work wonders!

- Realize that you only have so much control over the process--regardless of how you start your locs, or how often you retwist, latch, etc., frizz, fuzz and rebellion are all part of it.

- Water is your hair's best friend!
    I like this list.

Just one to add:

Your locs are going to be uniquely beautiful. Don't expect them to look like anyone else's no matter how you start or care for them.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Beryl@May 12 2004, 06:42 PM
    Your locs are going to be uniquely beautiful. Don't expect them to look like anyone else's no matter how you start or care for them.
    yes, yes, yes...preach sista...i had learned this one recently...thank you for saying that so no one else will go through the misery i went through by comparing mine to everyone else's...
    [img]http://www.professorsearch.com/images/colorbar.gif[/img]

[img]http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/10089000/10089741.jpg[/img]

[SIZE=2]<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>[i]"I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable."[/i]
    </span>[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DITTO! EVERYONE. I GUESS THAT THERE IS NO WRONG ANSWER HERE.

THE LESS THE BETTER FOR ME. I FEEL THAT MY LOCZ ARE PROGRESSING NICELY AT 2 MONTHS. I AM LUVING EVERY MINUTE OF MY JOURNEY. I ONLY USE WATER AND LIGHT OIL FOR SPRITZING IN THE MORNING; THAT ALL. MAYBE TWICE A MONTH I&#39;LL DO A BRAID OUT USING MY WATER AND LITE OIL PLUS SHEA BUTTER, ALL ORGANIC PRODUCTS. THAT IS IT, MY WHOLE PRODUCT LINE. CHECK ME OUT AT www.microbraidlocz.com

YOUR LOCED SISTAH
    ROBYN

alma2254 Guest

Originally posted by newnapps+May 12 2004, 11:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newnapps @ May 12 2004, 11:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Beryl@May 12 2004, 06:42 PM
    Your locs are going to be uniquely beautiful. Don&#39;t expect them to look like anyone else&#39;s no matter how you start or care for them.
    yes, yes, yes...preach sista...i had learned this one recently...thank you for saying that so no one else will go through the misery i went through by comparing mine to everyone else&#39;s... [/b][/quote]
    *sigh*

If only I knew this tip in my early stages ~ It was only when I realised this much later that I began to enjoy my locs and the journey.

alma2254 Guest

~If at any stage you are uncomfortable with what your loctician is doing to your locs, don&#39;t be afraid to be very clear and let them know or change loctician.

Go with your instincts! They are your locs and you know whats best for them, so don&#39;t let others tell you otherwise. Your loctician should work with you, not against you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very helpful info. Thanks Alma for getting this discussion started. I realized at four months that water is really my best friend, now I just have to work on the oils to mix in . Hopefully I can find something I like.
    We can&#39;t always choose the thoughts that come to our minds, but we can decide to let them stay and fester or we can push them aside. We have a choice about that.

My fotki

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast