Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by april2 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement; if I can reach out to women just entering the workforce and do some image consulting, that would be great too.

How do you market your services?
    Well my magazine is online, everything I do is online. I would suggest having some online presence like facebook, twitter etc. You should also have an online portfolio of your work that's linked to social networking sites. The more you put it out there the more people see your work, and in turn you'll probably get more business. Oh I wouldn't include an amateur photographs either, try and get decent photos taken but keep it simple. Oh and there's www.etsy.com this site is great for sellling, very popular! Best of luck.
    [url="http://stylistforhire.blogspot.com"]Stylehaven[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by belle_noire View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am currently in the process of re-branding my Graphic Design business. It was called by another name, but I found Elley-Gee Creative was the best fit!

I am on Elance.com, which I shared in another thread. It is a way for web/graphic/marketing creatives to bid on jobs around the world! I believe it could work for Freelance Writers, it couldn't hurt to check it out !

I am also launching an LGBT greeting cards line, after some market research everything out there is so crass and sleazy. So, I am trying to do something for the community that offers the class of Hallmark without anyone having to compromise who they are! (E-cards and Printed)

So funny you talk about marketing services.
    I am working on my client gifts as we speak!
    I hope you all the best in all your endeavors!

*I just checked, Elance.com offers jobs for writers to bid on!
    Wow congratulations, if you create cards on recycled paper natural dyes etc. In fact if your cards are eco friendly I'm interested in seeing them. All the best. www.thinkmag.net

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akuawood View Post
    I love your magazine concept. All the best with your business.

I have been in business for sometime now [akuawood.co.uk]. I have 3 angles to my business:
    1. handmade natural toiletries
    2. handmade beaded jewellery
    3. supplying ingredients

I make all the products for 1 & 2.

I will look into Issuu as I think it is cool.
    Thank you very much I appreciate the feedback. Also took a look at your site and noticed the fair trade etc. Are you using natural ingredients only? Also what about your packaging it is recycable, if you like PM me to discuss further. I've been dying to find people of colour to expose.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Directordiva View Post
    Wow congratulations, if you create cards on recycled paper natural dyes etc. In fact if your cards are eco friendly I'm interested in seeing them. All the best. www.thinkmag.net
    Awesome!
    I am on it. I am in the process of finishing up marketing research for that specific demographic. Once everything launches, I will make sure my gift sample pack is sent to you!
    fotki.com/gilyard-girl
    Last CFC - Jan 09 | BC^squared - 11.13.09

"everything i am not, made me everything i am."
    -unknown

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello ladies. I own a consulting business that supports nonprofit agencies. I offer training, coaching, problem-solving, process and meeting facilitation, policy development and a wide array of services to help strengthen programs and operations. I've been operating for 3 1/2 years, and like some of the rest you, finding it a slow year. I'm revamping the focus now to concentrate on training products and related coaching. My website is www.TLFiggs.com.

I hope to launch a craft business before the year ends; I initially tried launching both business at the same time. Not very smart. But I think I'm nearly ready.

Let me know if I can help anyone.

Cheers,
    Syrel

Transitioned 6/28/08 - 4/27/09
    Unplanned Big Chop 4/27/09
    Enjoying the adventure!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syrel, having a business for 3 1/2 years is no easy feat, I commend you for sticking with it to make it a success. Perhaps you can share some insight on how to stick with it. I love what I do, but just got started and I'm finding it a wee bit difficult to stay motivated. I know this is what I want to do forever so I'm not giving up but any support from this thread would be beneficial for everyone.
    All the best!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got two I'm starting:

The first is my own interior decorating business.

http://affordablerenovation.co.uk

The second is my website for healthy black women focused on improving their mind, body and hair.

http://healthyblackqueens.com

I'll also post articles from my bloghttp://ivorysintellect.blogspot.com

I want my website to supplement my main income. If the website takes off then I'll manage it full-time and take over the world.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to open my own natural beauty salon. Have people working for me. Doing no chemicals. Only natural. Website is already up! http://remilakunatural.zoomshare.com
    Let Go. Let God.

For With God, Nothing Shall Be Impossible.

When Praises Go Up, Blessings Come Down.

What Have You Done For God Today?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello DirectorDiva. I don't have any secrets, except perhaps a very supportive husband! There have been many challenges, especially repeated delays getting paid by clients. Payroll goes out like clockwork, but reasons abound for not paying the consultant on time. I did have the benefit of getting most of my assignments from repeat clients, and these came mostly from relationships I developed while working in the field.

I've learned a lot, and I'm trying to put that learning to use. I've identified my weakest areas in business, and I'm working to either overcome or circumvent them. That's the main reason I'm looking to revamp the focus of my business.

I'm certainly not a business genius--I actually know much more about nonprofit development and operations--but I'll help answer whatever I can. We've had some MBAs in this forum before, I think; so certainly someone will be able to answer. (Although, biz owners don't seem to hang out here so much; that's why I don't check in every day any more.) Also, check out www.SCORE.org for specific answers to business questions. Your question will be assigned to a retired exec who will get back to you.

Cheers,
    Syrel

Transitioned 6/28/08 - 4/27/09
    Unplanned Big Chop 4/27/09
    Enjoying the adventure!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im an artist..been selling my art through my website...

Rachel stewart art

and i just started making earrings and headbands...
    i have a blog for that..been selling a lot!

Jewelry blog

im also a makeup artist (freelance) I dont have a site for that..I work with my BF who is a photographer I do the styling and makeup for his shoots..

Creative Silence.net

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast