Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Bit About Myself!

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Joye and I am from Yekepa,Liberia. I just got fed up and decided to search for a website today that deals with black hair and I found this site. For 8 years now, I've wanted to go natural and did try for a year in 1999, but got discouraged when my then boyfriend asked me to do something with my hair. He is from Memphis Tennessee. I basically didn't know what to do with my hair. My husband is encouraging me to go natural and I'd decided to get a pressing comb for both me and my daughter who thinks my permed hair is great. She is 6 years old and I love her hair. I want to go natural to encourage my daughter to keep her's that way, and I am tired of perming my hair and having it fall out since I moved to Switzerland in February. The urge to be me is so strong, I'm starting to lose it. I'm thankful to learn from this site to avoid heat. I have to snip my baby's hair cos the ends are not so nice from blow-drying it. Please educate me on how to manage our hair. Mine is so hard, it could scrub a pot and gives me a headache during and after combing. God bless and thanks Dee for this website...

I posted the above a year ago, now, I'm glad to say that my natural hair is about 3&1\2 inches long and 10 mnts old now! Thank you to all the sisters on Nappturality and facebook who taught me how to manage my natural hair and gave me the courage to keep it this way! My daughter is tickled to see my hair natural and enjoys when we both wear similar hairstyles out!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP. I am new as well and have been naptural since 05/02/09. Hopefully someone else with more expirence will chime in. Check out the other boards that has great tips for dealing with our hair. My daughter who is 13 is naptural as well and I am working so hard to keep it that way. The women and men on here are great.
    Mophead
    Natural journey: Aug or Sept 08
    Natural B-day 05/02/09
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/mophead70/

A blessing delayed is not a blessing denied