Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beyond BSL.

Well, I'm at BSL again and I need a new goal. Anyone up for a new, kinda non-specific length challenge?

The only criteria is that you're at or near BSL. From the BSL challenge there should be quite a few of y'all now. With no specific benchmark in mind, just report what you're doing to keep your hair healthy and what you're doing to retain your length. Or even gain more length if that's your goal.

Report your successes anyway you see fit. Post pics of your styles that take advantage of your length. They don't necessarily have to show off your length, just take advantage of what you have.

I think if we do it this way, that will take the obsessive pressure off some of us that challenges can have to gain length. (ok that's a horrible sentence, but I'm tired so I hope y'all get what I'm saying) If we gain more length, that's fine, if not, that's fine too. In the end, let's just pledge to keep what length we have and to keep it healthy as possible. I think this could be a really inspirational thread because it'll show folks how to manage AND enjoy long nappy hair.

Make sense? Anybody in?
    Last edited by nappymehappyme; 10-19-2009 at 02:37 AM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in NappyMe! I really like that its non-specific and focusing on retention and health in addition to length. I still need to post an update in the BSL Challenge thread, and when I do that I will post a starting pic here too. I'll get on it this week.
    How often would you like us to come in and update, not necessarily with pictures, but more like a how's the hair doing?
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm down! only cause its nappy me (luv u chick!). I'm not really into challenges. since this challenge is more about health than growth I'm cool with it because thats my main goal.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not at or very close to BSL (especially since i just cut the back of my head by about 4 inches) but i was curious - where do y'all measure your length from? the nape of your neck?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nappy Me you know I can't stay away from a challenge!
    My little girl is here!

[url="http://www.baby-gaga.com/"][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunsrd20070305_-8_Khadeja%20is.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/lovelynapps/"]fotki pictures[/url]

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Daughter View Post
    i'm not at or very close to BSL (especially since i just cut the back of my head by about 4 inches) but i was curious - where do y'all measure your length from? the nape of your neck?
    yes, the nape.
    I'm hoping to someday get my crown to BSL, but that is still at least another few years off.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report as often as you like...but at least quarterly for length updates

Oh good! I'm glad to see some takers cause I thought you might be all challenged out by now.

Anyhoo, yeah. I really liked the idea of a non-specific length challenge cause in most cases if we can keep our hair healthy, the length will come.

Quote Originally Posted by eshabesha View Post
    I'm in NappyMe! I really like that its non-specific and focusing on retention and health in addition to length. I still need to post an update in the BSL Challenge thread, and when I do that I will post a starting pic here too. I'll get on it this week.
    How often would you like us to come in and update, not necessarily with pictures, but more like a how's the hair doing?
    Hi eshabesh. Hmmm.... Let's see. If you're reporting on new lengths, let's say quarterly. We're coming up on winter and so many of us may start experiencing slower growth. If it's growing at a fairly good clip, you may want to report

If you're talking about hair health and healthy practices, come on in anytime and tell us about it. Winter is especially hard for most of us (no matter the length) cause it's difficult to keep our hair moisturized so anything tips in this area will be particularly valuable to all of us.

Hope that helps.

Sometime in Dec, I'm thinking about getting a trim...maybe a quarter of an inch. I'll be a little below BSL and that'll take me into the new year with good length and healthy ends all the way around.
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    I'm down! only cause its nappy me (luv u chick!). I'm not really into challenges. since this challenge is more about health than growth I'm cool with it because thats my main goal.
    Awe shucks girls thanks and back atch! Thanks for joining in!
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumb! bump! bump!
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump it one mo' time!
    My little girl is here!

[url="http://www.baby-gaga.com/"][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunsrd20070305_-8_Khadeja%20is.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/lovelynapps/"]fotki pictures[/url]

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast