Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let's Take it Back...Wayyy Back

What was the BESTEST time of your lock journey and why? Mine was Year One: the WHOLLLLE year. I absolutely loved watching the transformation from braid to lock: the buds, the fuzz, the frizz and the amazement that one day all of the madness would make sense( as if I would prove my hair wrong). My hair proved itself right and I have locks-but if I didnt have pictures-I wouldn't have believed that this is what would come of that activity. Year one was busy. I saw this picture of my babies and was wondering what was your BESTEST time in your journey and why?
    Last edited by cheleski68; 11-04-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say now. I am at 15 months now and I am so in love with my locs right now LOL!! For the first time in my life when I look in the mirror I see me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I've only been in my loc journey going on 8 months, I haven't had a best time yet. I'm just now getting to where I actually like and enjoy my hair now.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, sis, I do respect...so I'm hoping the old heads will come out of lurk mode and post some love so the newbies will have something to cling to. So, this time, newbies(under a year) stay in lurk mode and hopefully some joy will shower up on you as we give you something to look fwd to!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss my sideshow bob hair! That was about 3 months. Then I miss my 9 month mark! That's when they were realllly fuzzy! I'm 2 years and 4 months loced BTW

puchi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheleski68 View Post
    Ok, sis, I do respect...so I'm hoping the old heads will come out of lurk mode and post some love so the newbies will have something to cling to. So, this time, newbies(under a year) stay in lurk mode and hopefully some joy will shower up on you as we give you something to look fwd to!
    Me? LOL.

My best time, I would say right now. Its a nice length, where I can wear it down and still be "long" (but not too long), but still short enough that I can still get away with certain styles. I've really been loving my hair since my locs hit the 3 year mark.

The early days were cool too. Seeing buds appear was so cool to me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 3.5 years in now and I still love it. I really liked these two photos. I was about a year in.

My faux bob
    ~~Started Locks (2STs): April 20, 2006~~
    Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of yet...the best time I've had with my locs (as many others have said) is right now! My locs are 4 days shy of 14 months and I am still wearing a braid out that I did for my birthday-- HALLOWEEN BABY!

I've been able to style my locs in different ways and I'm truly enjoying them! I've combined several more and look forward to a long future with them!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Fav Stage

Hey Chels!

I'd have to say the start of my fav time has begun now. It's been 2 years and a few months and my locks are sealed and formed... they finally look like locks although I still have a few that are not fully locked. I am enjoying the length and the size. I wouldn't take anything away from the time in my journey where they where transforming and doing their own thing, but I like the fact that they are moving out of the teenage stage and into the maturation stage.

~I am who Allah has fashioned me to be~

Napps/Locks: http://public.fotki.com/malaikablu/loc-journey/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Mmmm I'm 2 years 6 months in on Oct 17th. As of right now my favorite part was the beggining. I miss the spiky look and watching them transform.

As the months started they shrunk up to high heaven, got fuzzy, and got fat Now they are getting some hang time and they've settled a lot. Since I'm a freeformer they are still frizzy, although I wish they were a bit more unruly

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast