Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cat and I are about to divorce - rant

I realize that pets are supposed to be a lifetime commitment but this m'fer just peed in my ONE good pair of leather boots...which happened to be in my bedroom...and some of the pee ran onto the floor.

He's 14 and a half, drinks a LOT of water, and lately seems to be having a hard time remembering where the litter box is. Thank God I caught this in time...I'm currently working on getting rid of the pee smell in the living room, where he's been peeing right at the front door without my knowledge. My house is old and the floors are unsealed wood and it gets damp in the summer (I have a dehumidifier in the basement)...I REFUSE to sleep in a bedroom that smells like cat pee!

I'm about to bring the litter box up from the basement and put it in the office (front bedroom). I don't want to since this house is small but maybe because of that I'll be motivated to clean it every day (and maybe he'll be motivated to use it like he's supposed to).

People have let go of cats for less...I had a Persian who was way worse than he was and I gave him away. I no longer have anywhere near the kind of discretionary income I used to have; if it turns out he has any serious medical problems I'm just not going to be able to pay for them.

I realize that this rant is setting me up to be attacked by the "you're your cat's mommy" people...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cats react to their environment. My Jimmy, the baby of the three I have and the laziest and BIGGEST, was peeing on the kitchen floor at one time. I would yell, scream and chase him because I didnt understand. I called the vet because I know they do things out of the ordinary when their health or environment is at risk. I told him what he was doing and how my other two have never done this. I also told him the litter I was using and the type of litter box I had, then I realized duh. THE DANG CAT IS TOO BIG FOR THE HOOD. He could no longer go comfortabley with the dome top on-lol. Took the top off and no more peeing on the floor. I still have to get a larger pan because he is a big boy.

I would call the vet because at his age he may be on his way out
    Big chop dec 03-Natural & Loose:12/03-11/04; Locs began dec 2004-Nov 09 Locs Loose: Nov 8 2009
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...h_IMG_2079.jpg
    http://members.fotki.com/blkrose44/about/
    @naturalluvchild on twitter-following positivity only

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second that, call the vet. It could be a simple bladder issue.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so laughing at this b/c my cat (Alley Cat) has done the very same thing to me. She kept peeing on any and ALL incoming mail that was dropped through the front door mail slot onto the floor. I had to use gloves to open the mail. DISGUSTING!!! lmao. I changed her food, cleaned her litter box, started paying more close attention to her, and she stopped. Go figure?

Now, If I can just get the heffah outta my bed! She thinks this is her personal fonsau and that I am the honored guest.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nik77natural View Post
    i'm so laughing at this b/c my cat (alley cat) has done the very same thing to me. She kept peeing on any and all incoming mail that was dropped through the front door mail slot onto the floor. I had to use gloves to open the mail. Disgusting!!! Lmao. I changed her food, cleaned her litter box, started paying more close attention to her, and she stopped. Go figure?

now, if i can just get the heffah outta my bed! She thinks this is her personal fonsau and that i am the honored guest.
    omg, rolling...................
    Big chop dec 03-Natural & Loose:12/03-11/04; Locs began dec 2004-Nov 09 Locs Loose: Nov 8 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dog have owners, cats have staff.

But, I agree that you should take your cat to the vet, especially since he's 14. I would also limit the water. Until then, is there any way for you to shut your closet door? When I had a dog, I stopped the water after the last time I took him out. When I had a cat, I only kept the bowl half-full. For some reason, if the bowl was full, then he would drink it all knowing tht i would fill it if it wre empty. But, when I only started filling it halfway, I think he started rationing it. I also cleaned the litter everyday. Some cats won't use the box if they think it's dirty.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does some like a medical issue so a vet visit is in order. I would also consider getting more litter boxes and placing them in different areas of your home.
    I'm Thee Itcha, let me putcha in the pitcha
    The Notorious Tan.Gl.Eee
    hair type 4 thick (density), medium-fine (strand diameter), soft/spongy (texture), (length) 9-12 inches, shrinkage 60-80%, (curl size) pen spring to pencil size, highly porous, low elasticity

Thank you for PANKING me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinkerbelle sis you have never lied. I love mine to death but those heffahs and that bastard are getting on my last nerve.

Jimmy has been fixed and declawed. He is big as a cow now and you literally have to pick him up like he is a child. Okay so the little bastard is soooooooooooo royal he does not clean himself. My girls are beautiful. Coconut is all white with orange patches and her daughter Mochi is a calico. Jimmy is orange stripped and you would think he is an alley cat because he does not clean himself. Mochi cleans his face and ears while the rest of his body is visually dirty. Sad

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, everyone, for the advice (and for not jumping down my throat).

I am LMAO at the bolded:

Quote Originally Posted by kinkerbelle View Post
    Dog have owners, cats have staff.

But, I agree that you should take your cat to the vet, especially since he's 14. I would also limit the water. Until then, is there any way for you to shut your closet door? When I had a dog, I stopped the water after the last time I took him out. When I had a cat, I only kept the bowl half-full. For some reason, if the bowl was full, then he would drink it all knowing tht i would fill it if it wre empty. But, when I only started filling it halfway, I think he started rationing it. I also cleaned the litter everyday. Some cats won't use the box if they think it's dirty.
    I'm nervous about limiting his water intake, esp. if there's a kidney or bladder problem that needs to be resolved. Also, he normally didn't have a problem with the litter box even though it could be 2-3 days before I'd get to it. I will make a vet appointment for him, hopefully after the streets clear some (major blizzard passing through now). I'm just hoping it's something that can be resolved relatively cheaply.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Lady FT is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With old age he may be getting more picky about his litter. You could change it or scoop out the nasty bits everyday. I think bringing it upstairs may be a good idea. Maybe he can't quiet make it to the basement in time. Hopefully the vet will be helpful.

Not the same issue but last night DH and I are upstairs and our cat is downstairs screaming and whining like he has completely lost his mind. DH tells me he just gave Milkshake (our cat) wet food, water and changed his litter so we think he is being neurotic so we just ignore him. At some point the whining stops and about an hour later DH goes downstairs and discovers cat poop in the kitchen. DH then realizes that he forgot to put the new litter in the litter box! Poor cat, he was trying to tell us something was wrong. I guess he held it as long as he could.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast