User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Bunicornaces Guest

Default Is being natural a "trend" or "style" to you?

Well I spoke to someone the other day and they made a comment along the lines "well, i've been natural for more than 10 years, even before it became a trend" (Sorry if you read this, not being rude, it just got me thinking). When I took out my braids 3 months after my bigchop, my mum said something similar. No my mum is not natural (she used to be, but that was a loooong loooooooong time ago and seeing pictures of her fro, she and my dad just makes me go woooaahhh woooaahhh "wth did you ever relax your hair?". Anyhoo back to the subject, someone asked me "so how long are you going to leave your hair like that"? (i.e. natural) and my mum answered "until she's fed up of it. That's how all fashion trends and styles are, you wear them until you're fed up". I didn't think much of this until I spoke to this person of recent who made the comment about natural hair being a trend/style. Did you go natural because you thought of it as a style? Fashion statement? Trend? You know, just like the Rihanna hair (even though Rihanna really jacked up Kelises style by basically teefing(stealing...borrowing?[not imo]) every single hair style Kelis did around 2004. I guess the Beyonce weaves were not working for her?) Hey but that's another story, the matter at hand is the natural hair question I previously asked, so ladies and gents(if any?) let's discuss!!!
    Goodmorning/afternoon btw

Last edited by Bunicornaces; 12-12-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know a lot of people who are like that - that I was jumping on the bandwagon or just staying natural for a while until my hair grew long enough so that when I permed it, it would look impressive

AND THANK YOU!! OH my days, I thought I was the only one who was unimpressed with Rihanna's so called 'originality' like, but Kelis had that hair in little star. Whas the fuss?
    A Music Video - Have a butchers!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G03T8HaE60

If you don't love my 'fro, don't distrupt my flow.
    'Stead of hating, start appreciating!

Bunicornaces Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angel_sista View Post
    so that when I permed it, it would look impressive
    hmmm I think I am understanding this a little bit more now, thanks for your input

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

napptural hair neither a trend or a style, it's simply how my hair grows out of my head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither... it's just hair, natural hair. How is something you're born with suddenly a trend or a style? It's like skin, you have no choice but to wear it. Sure you can alter, but natural hair will still grow. I could understand if the masses were straight haired, then the question would be fitting.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to see the phenomenon of straightening/weaves/perms as the trend. And unfortunate trend that has lasted many decades now.

For many thousands of years before that the "trend" was to wear one's hair as it grew out of one's head.

Bunicornaces Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swingbolder View Post
    I prefer to see the phenomenon of straightening/weaves/perms as the trend. And unfortunate trend that has lasted many decades now.

For many thousands of years before that the "trend" was to wear one's hair as it grew out of one's head.
    cosign, I totally agree and was thinking the same thing. How can what comes out from my scalp naturally be a trend?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Neither!

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    napptural hair neither a trend or a style, it's simply how my hair grows out of my head.
    What galaxygirl2010 said!

off topic... I don't think Rihanna stole Kellis' look, because if that is the case then Kellis has stolen it as well because she has not been the only nor first to rock those styles.. styles come and go and musicians and entertainers have stylists that constantly borrow looks, ideas, styles, and fashion from each other... look at bell bottoms.. we had them in the 70's and then again, and again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last fire cream: May 2009 BC: June 2009
    http://public.fotki.com/msantos99/

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." Mother Teresa

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSANTOS99 View Post
    What galaxygirl2010 said!

off topic... I don't think Rihanna stole Kellis' look, because if that is the case then Kellis has stolen it as well because she has not been the only nor first to rock those styles.. styles come and go and musicians and entertainers have stylists that constantly borrow looks, ideas, styles, and fashion from each other... look at bell bottoms.. we had them in the 70's and then again, and again
    Well, that is true - the asymmetric hairstyle was very big in the 80's
    But I don't get why 'RiRi' is getting so much love for what other people have already done. I liked her bob after Umbrella, I gotta say. But I lost interest after Take a Bow, when suddenly everyone else loved her.
    A Music Video - Have a butchers!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G03T8HaE60

If you don't love my 'fro, don't distrupt my flow.
    'Stead of hating, start appreciating!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    yuuuup!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast