Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default locing fine or thin hair

I think there was already a thread on this but I cant seem to find it. I was wondering how some of yalls locs have turned out that have fine thin hair. has your hair thickened since you have been locing? And pics would be awesome thanks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had fine thin hair when I started locing. It was a pain in the butt at first though, a lot of my twists would come undone usually after washing, but I stuck with them though it all. I've been loced 2 years now and yes my hair has thickend up a lot. I would put a picture up but I haven't figured out how.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always had thin hair. I have been locing for almost 7 months now & I have started to notice my hair is getting much thicker. I do think that thin hair takes alittle longer to loc.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I agree cause at first my coils would come undone alot but as time progressed they became more resiliant. the ones in the back are thickening up but the front locs are still a little scrawny. I have been loced for 4 months I just wanted to see some pics of people locs that have fine hair but have been loced longer than I have

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is fine as well and at the beginning of my journey, people would say, how is your hair going to loc? Six years later here I am all loced and loving it. My hair did thicken up. One thing for me is that I chose to start my locs with braids because of my hair texture. It turned out to be good for me because they did not unravel when washed and I maintained with latch hook. It did take a good year and a half for my hair to fully loc.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine/thin hair w/locks. No my hair didn't thicken because it is naturally fine and thin. Feel free to check out the Fotki to see the transformation...

~I am who Allah has fashioned me to be~

Napps/Locks: http://public.fotki.com/malaikablu/loc-journey/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair is fine, but i have a lot of it so most times people dont know what im talking about. but im coming up on a year. my hair thickened up because of shrinkage and im okay with that. what im really waiting for is some weight. a lot of my ends havent sealed and its taking forever to fully loc, so i long for the day when they have some weight to them.
    My Album
    password: none required....for now!

updated 1.3.09

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out my blog here: http://earthwindfireflow.blogspot.com/ or my fotki here: http://public.fotki.com/msfullroller/.
    I've got some comparison shots from day 1 to month 12 and from month 3 vs month 15.
    Natural since 11/06/2006
    DIY Braidlocked and maintained since 8/23/2008
    www.ceraisis.net

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shatani View Post
    my hair is fine, but i have a lot of it so most times people dont know what im talking about. but im coming up on a year. my hair thickened up because of shrinkage and im okay with that. what im really waiting for is some weight. a lot of my ends havent sealed and its taking forever to fully loc, so i long for the day when they have some weight to them.

My hair is the same why. People Have looked at me crazy. It has been about two years for me and my edges are still untwisting. I have learned to just let my edges be.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by life4evr View Post
    My hair is the same why. People Have looked at me crazy. It has been about two years for me and my edges are still untwisting. I have learned to just let my edges be.
    yeah, im not a stickler for super sleek edges....i think i was at one point early on in my naturalness, but the reality is, its not worth the pain! so my edges are always at least a bit fuzzy too.

this is part of the reason why i latch....it looks really cute when i twist, but it just doesnt last!
    My Album
    password: none required....for now!

updated 1.3.09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast