Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Touched by God

Christians (or anyone for that matter): When did u have your own personal encounter with God what some people would define as being "saved" whether it be in a dream, a feeling, a sign.

Personally, I understood why all the other christians in church were jumping praising crying and lifting there hands to the lord for the first time a year ago when I began going to church with my friend Brenda. We were standing in a circle praying and my hands began to shake and I felt a feeling a strong spiritual feeling cme over me. I had to hold the people I was holding onto hands really tight or else everyne would notice I was shaking. It was a very powerful feeling I felt that day in that room and from that point on I truely understood what it meant to be close to the Lord no more looking at the ladies around me crying and jumping and wondering why.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't experienced anything like that, but I wouldn't call such an experience an indicator of salvation. I'm naturally not much of an emotional person, so that's my excuse. In a lot of ways I'm the unfortunate "spectator".

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miss Popularity, I understand that everyones walk with God is different and one persons walk is just as valid as the next. And your right I am a very emotional person lol just like many of us artists are. Im not a perfect Christian I know that I need to go to church more often and I do need help with certain things, I am no pastor either lol But I do persnally feel that God does speak to us in little ways every now and then. Of course God speaks to us through the the bible which is his word, but God also communicates with us through the Holy Spirit, which is our spiritual guide.

John 14:26 (New King James Version)
    26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

And I honestly do believe that the Holy Spirit communicates with us in various ways which our personal to us.

Hebrews 2:4
    4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

For instance I beleive God speaks to me occasionally through dreams, signs, in church (I believe he speaks to me in church through my pastor ALL the time, its amazing because whatever is on my heart I hear a message that pertains to that and if its not for me I know its for someone else), my conscience and whichever other way he deems fit.

God choses to speak to people in different ways, you just have to listen. But dont get frustrated if you dont "hear" God just remain faithful and continue to read the bible, go to church and learn more about God

Here are some good links:http://www.wcg.org/lit/disc/14hearing.htm http://www.the-highway.com/God_Speak.html
    Last edited by Tyana590; 12-23-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyana590 View Post
    Christians (or anyone for that matter): When did u have your own personal encounter with God what some people would define as being "saved" whether it be in a dream, a feeling, a sign.

Personally, I understood why all the other christians in church were jumping praising crying and lifting there hands to the lord for the first time a year ago when I began going to church with my friend Brenda. We were standing in a circle praying and my hands began to shake and I felt a feeling a strong spiritual feeling cme over me. I had to hold the people I was holding onto hands really tight or else everyne would notice I was shaking. It was a very powerful feeling I felt that day in that room and from that point on I truely understood what it meant to be close to the Lord no more looking at the ladies around me crying and jumping and wondering why.
    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. It is very REAL and I actual fell to the floor. I remember telling someone that it was like a 'spiritual orgasm', my whole body shook and I cried for 15 minutes straight. It was amazing and I was shouting and crying. That's the realest thing that I EVER felt in the supernatural. Only I know how deep it was. Touched by God indeed.

Embrace it
    Last edited by healthy; 01-08-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default yes

It never was a feeling I am not an emotional person either. But I always had the assured knowledge that God existed that God loved me and that I would do my best to show appreciation for that love.