Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it too late to join this challenge?

I'm a newbie to not only this thread, and the site but also to natural hair.

Retention has always been a huge problem for me. It seems my hair has been the same length for about..........15 years or so. After searching this site and reading many different threads I learned I was doing everything and I do mean everything wrong. I thought combing my hair meant sticking it in at the root and pulling it through to the ends. I hated doing it because i always pulled out clumps of hair and my head hurt afterward so then I hit my no comb phase. Unfortunately I don't know how to do hair so i stuck a wig on and called it a day which resulted in a nappy, matted, tangled mess......you can see where this is going, more pulling, cutting, etc and 1-2 times a year i would hit the creamy crack just so i could comb it.

I am about 3 weeks into my journey. Right now my hair is in individual braids no extensions. I intended to keep this for a week but after reading a few posts I think i'll extend it to 3-4 weeks instead.

So far my routine consists of cowashing every 3 days (and now after watching kimmaytube) I will shampoo wash only once every 4-6 weeks.
    *i sweat A LOT and work out pretty hard so my head will get to itching if i don't cowash
    after washing or cowashing (i detangle in the shower with yet another kimmaytube method) I deep condition (every few weeks) or apply my leave in, then a shea butter and jojoba oil mixture before braiding or twisiting. I spritz my hair 1-2 times a day (vegetable glycerin, leave in conditioner and water) with emphasis on my ends.

Length.. I have about 2.5 inches in the front. Other areas are longer some areas probably closer to 4 inches. I don't know how much i can grow. I will be happy just to see that it does after so many years in stalemate. I would love all my hair to be about shoulder length.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to join this I actually have been doing this since my BC in May.
    I use twists and finger coils! Misting my hair with water and my shea butter! And many many cowashes which my hair loves

NRB229 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoops, correction, it seems my hair is actually between 5-6 inches stretched, earlier i guesstimated in a shrunken state

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213