Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile What NOT to do with a lemon when washing hair...

FYI for those who may be as foolish as me... Do not try to be cheap and use up all of a lemon to cleanse your locs. I did that last night and ended up with a head FULL of lemon pulp. Imagine ALL of the pulp from a lemon embedded in your locs. Yeah, it was bad! It was not a fun time, it took two people, a couple of toothbrushes, tweezers, and a hard bristled brush to get most of the pulp out. They looked like white stringy things on the surface of my hair and stuck in the locs...it was worse than the buildup I was trying to get out. The moral is lemon juice=good, lemon pulp=bad!! This will definitely go under things I regret doing to my locs. On a positive note, I used aloe vera gelly to twist and it is fabulous. My head feels lite, clean and fresh (I'm sure the extra lemonyness and 10 washes yesterday is a contributing factor).

star13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's too cute!

I would also dilute the lemon juice in some water too, it is acidic so I wouldn't want a concentrated stream of it on my head.

AVC or baking soda are also good for removing build up.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehehehe....Hahahaha

This really made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you mentioned this. I'm sure I'll experiment with lemon juice in the future, but I'll remember to buy lemon juice instead of a lemon so I can avoid the pulp.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*************Bumpity bump bump************
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is funny...today was my first DIY wash and I only had lemons and not the juice in a bottle. i had to pour out the first mixture because of the pulp floating in it, I ended up rinsing with ACV and baking soda without the lemon My hair feels and looks great. I am saying bye bye to salon visits.
    I retwisted with water and olive oil but didn't have clips but they turned out great! I am so proud of myself!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont worry. i've done that with banana and avocado what sucks is that was during the summer though with bees and mosquitos and stuff.. still annoyed about that one

most recently had some coconut pulp left in my hair from a lush shampoo with coconut bits that's marketed for curly hair . it took me 2 week of washing and finger combing and brushing to get all that stuff out

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^That seems like poor planning on their part..........did the shampoo smell good/was it slippery? lol
    the artist formerly known as Electra